Sponsored by:

Fun Reactions to My Corvette from Strangers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:45 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmbbo
My previous car was a good looking (IMO) '11 Mustang GT I bought new. In the three months since I bought my C7, I have had more compliments and conversations than I did in the seven years owning the Mustang.
Lots of thumbs ups and approving nods while the conversations in a parking lot or getting gas often are about how the stranger either had or always wanted a Corvette...

A Mustang ain't a Corvette...it's really that simple.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Silver C7
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by KCV

Some colors do attract the eye more than others and Sebring Orange is one of those that do. My Blade Silver with black trim/badges show off the car’s individual beautiful lines quite well and gets lots of compliments. I never thought I would get a silver car but the Corvette in silver with the black contrasts really pops.
Silver & chrome as you can see...But the all time best compliment was from the kid at the gas station who said excitedly...”This is what I drive in my video game!!!!”

Of course I smiled...
Old 03-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Silver C7
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by desmophile
Used to have a '68 Jaguar E-type. One of the most most beautiful cars ever in my opinion.

Never got nearly the attention our Z06 does.

Now, if only I were 21 years old again......
You’re a much better driver now...Ive seen it
Old 03-11-2018, 10:56 AM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

Having previously owned a used C5 and C6, I can tell you it's a straight up fact that the C7 gets more attention then the 3 previous generation Corvettes.

This is why GM changed things up. People who never once thought of Corvette feel differently about the C7. It brought in new fans as well as those who had never once before thought of owning one. That says a lot.

Last edited by ssidekickbp; 03-11-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Default Its a Shelby....lol

I was walking to my GS yesterday in a parking lot and a guy was getting out of his Mustang Shelby GT. As we passed each other he said..."nice Vette" and I returned the compliment by saying "nice Mustang".....and he corrected me by saying..."it's a Shelby".....I didn't think fast enough to respond with..."it's a Grand Sport"....but I wish I had....

I get lots of compliments on my GS, mostly from kids. When I have the chance I always tell them....stay in school and get an education and you could have one someday....their parents always thank me for saying it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,403 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman
C7 Gets more attention that a naked woman walking down the street.....
Not in my town 😂
Old 03-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

I owned a really nice C5 and later a gorgeous Monterey Red C6 coupe which lots of people would say, "Beautiful color". But I've owned my 2014 White Stingray 4 years this Saturday ( St. Patrick's Day) and have had way more compliments than both cars put together! Back then I had the first white one in our Corvette Club. Now they're all over the place like popcorn! But I still get folks remarking on my car and how good it looks. Just saying.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:32 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythird1
I was walking to my GS yesterday in a parking lot and a guy was getting out of his Mustang Shelby GT. As we passed each other he said..."nice Vette" and I returned the compliment by saying "nice Mustang".....and he corrected me by saying..."it's a Shelby".....I didn't think fast enough to respond with..."it's a Grand Sport"....but I wish I had....

I get lots of compliments on my GS, mostly from kids. When I have the chance I always tell them....stay in school and get an education and you could have one someday....
I do the same.

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
I owned a really nice C5 and later a gorgeous Monterey Red C6 coupe which lots of people would say, "Beautiful color". But I've owned my 2014 White Stingray 4 years this Saturday ( St. Patrick's Day) and have had way more compliments than both cars put together! Back then I had the first white one in our Corvette Club. Now they're all over the place like popcorn! But I still get folks remarking on my car and how good it looks. Just saying.
No doubt about it...the C7 is a Rock Star.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,204 Likes on 3,451 Posts

I've had "unique" vehicles all my life and am accustomed to questions and comments, but I did not expect the number of responses from such a broad scope of people that my ALL black '18 garners nearly every time I'm out in it. What mundane lives others seem to lead!

Last edited by Avanti; 03-11-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:53 PM
RickHoppe
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KCV
I’ve had my C7 Corvette only 3 months and I’m amazed at all the positive reactions it gets from other people.

I was filling up gas the other day and a guy in his mid 20s driving a beater stopped in front of my car and yelled “Beautiful car man beautiful just beautiful” and he smiled and gave a thumbs up.

Today I was stopped at a traffic light and a pedestrian was walking down the street towards me. He looked at my car and grinned and started playing air guitar and dancing a jig all while staring at my car. He walked up next to the passenger window and bent down and excitedly praised the car while laughing with glee.

I’ve had lots of people give me smiles, thumbs up and happy words.

I am not a cool person per se but it’s fun owning a cool car that elicits such happiness in strangers.

My brother has a 1974 C3 Stingray and he says strangers at gas stations often come up to tell him what a beautiful car he has.

I just thought I would share that. I’m sure all of you get positive reactions to your Corvette from strangers. Feel free to share your stories...

I was parked in front of the dealer the other day when a cop pulled in behind me and blocked my '17 white GS. He motioned for me to come over so I got out and walked up to his passenger window and said "what can I do for you officer?" His response was "trade me". We had a good laugh and talked cars for the next few minutes. This is my daily driver and I have never come back from any trip without at least one memorable comment.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythird1

I get lots of compliments on my GS, mostly from kids. When I have the chance I always tell them....stay in school and get an education and you could have one someday....their parents always thank me for saying it.
Originally Posted by sunsalem

I do the same.

As do I !
Old 03-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

[QUOTE This is my daily driver and I have never come back from any trip without at least one memorable comment.[/QUOTE]

Am only a few hundred miles into owning my Z and experiencing this too. Just had a guy come all the way across a parking lot to talk. So different than my C6.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Seldoon
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
The C7 is a magnet.
I get tired of having to acknowledge it.
Sometimes all the attention is a pain in the rear. I drove my car up to the hot dog vendor truck and had trouble eating my dogs because people kept coming over to talk about the car.

Some lady had to chase me down in WA Was to tell me how much she liked the car.

When I'm driving I have other cars behind me busting a gut to catch up with me to give me the high sign.

Quick Reply: Fun Reactions to My Corvette from Strangers