C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Equalizer settings for 2LT Bose sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 08:53 PM
J.Moore
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodson
Some can't take a joke. You on the other hand have posted nothing but hugely negative posts all week. But I'm negative. Got it.
When I read your first answer, "I suggest off" I busted out laughing. No offence to OP but it just hit me as funny.
The following users liked this post:
billiam01 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

For those of you having the 2LT package, does the twin subs really make a difference? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a C7 with this package.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:34 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm with the 3/4 bass/treble and 1/4 on the midrange. Midrange always makes things sound muddy. On a graphic equalizer, my settings are always in a wide "U" with the midrange dipped low. I do like the centerpoint, though because to me it sounds more surrounding than the driver or normal settings, even when I move the fader to compensate.
Are there "memory settings?" I read another post where someone set 2-3 memory settings on the equalizer in case bass-heavy sources occur.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:59 AM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by shakinrock
IMO the biggest factor in sound quality is the quality of the source. I have loaded over 1500 songs on a USB using Windows Media Player. I rip the music to MP3 format and use the highest bit rate. The resulting sound is very good and I consider myself a fairy critical listener.

Saying that though, for any given source I have found the following setting most pleasing to me.

Fader, whatever you like. Would you rather be surrounded by sound or a bias towards the front or rear. Saying that though I thing the quality of the speakers in the front (except the center dash) are much better than the rear. So I would never put more sound from the rear than from the front.

Base, Treble, and Mid range. I keep a somewhat large range between the base / treble versus the midrange. What I mean is that the midrange setting is always at least half the total scale less than the base and treble. This emphasizes the highest and lowest audio frequencies.

For most music I set the base and treble to 3/4 and the midrange to 1/4 (1/2 being center).

On my C6 I actually disconnected the center dash speaker. This improved the overall sound because that speaker was crap on the C6. I have not tried this on my C7 yet but I might try it.
Good point Shak....any idea if the C7 sound system can handle flac or other lossless formats, or do we have to stick to mp3s? mp3s aren''t bad as long as it can handle 320kb/s.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:05 AM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JamieJT
All I can hear is BABYS GOT BACK ! BOOM TiSH BOOM BOOM
Alright...stop!

Collaborate and List'n...Ice is back witha brand new invention...
Sumthan...grabs a hold of me tightly...flow like a harpoon daily and nightly. Will it ever stop?!?

Yo...I don't know?

Last edited by jdlev; 03-13-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:19 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,615 Likes on 6,623 Posts

Default Adjust Bass with Presets

I find however you set the Tone/Balance, Bass setting is song dependent! Exact setting depend on Coupe vs Vert and your songs. I have over 1000 songs playing in shuffle mode and ~90% are fine with the Bass setting I use, including all of Stevie Nicks songs! However some songs, like Joss Stone singing Teardrops were so boomy I had to lower the volume way down. That defeats my main reason for always having the sound system playing-to drown out road/tire noise!

Recently found a solution posted but without full details on How-To-Do. I made these pics to show how Preset Buttons can be set for different Tone/Balance settings to match a range of songs. It reminds me of the subwoofer with custom enclosure I built and put in my S10 some years ago. The separate subwoofer amp had a remote I mounted on the console. Could adjust the bass with a flick of the wrist. Now I just press a Preset Button with the desired Bass setting. Can be any combination of Tone/Balance.

Hope this helps:

With whatever settings you like for the average songs listened too, pull up the Preset Buttons when on the Tone/Balance Screen. Press one button like you were saving a radio station. It will beep and Tone 1 will appear as the Button name.

With a song with a boomy Bass adjust it where is reduces that issue. Even at a low Bass setting you will still have Bass but it will not be boomy! Press another Preset Button and Tone 2 will appear (in my case Tone 6.) I now have 3 set. Works Great! Joss Stone song comes on and I press Tone 6. When it's over I presses Tone 1. It will stay at the last Tone pressed.

The Trick is getting the Preset Buttons to appear when on the Tone/Balance Screen. Suggest pressing very hard on the bottom and swiping upward. Took me may tries but they popped up!

Last edited by JerryU; 03-13-2018 at 11:34 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by JerryU:
Corvette Miro (10-28-2023), fuzzy03cls (07-01-2023), IAIA (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 04:41 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JerryU
Suggest pressing very hard on the bottom and swiping upward. Took me may tries but they popped up!
This is GREAT! (Haven't tried it yet, but anticipate success.)
Thanks.
JerryU (03-13-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 03:35 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

One more consideration that I'm not sure anyone mentioned, yet, but your smartphone device also has equalizer settings that can help or harm the sound that's set on the car menu.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:03 PM
jimmbbo
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_Pilot
For those of you having the 2LT package, does the twin subs really make a difference? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a C7 with this package.
I wanted the 2LT for the HUD and garage door opener, and IMO the overall 2LT Bose system rates about 8.5 - 9.0. The speaker system does a good job, but IMO general ALL consumer electronics seem to produce a far too punchy bass, so am agnostic on the subs..
Old 03-17-2018, 03:14 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jimmbbo
I wanted the 2LT for the HUD and garage door opener, and IMO the overall 2LT Bose system rates about 8.5 - 9.0. The speaker system does a good job, but IMO general ALL consumer electronics seem to produce a far too punchy bass, so am agnostic on the subs..
I think the subs are "okay," but not great. At low setting, you can hear the bottom end ok, but it's not punchy--that is, you can hear an electric bass guitar ok, but it doesn't seem to pop--and on higher settings, it's just too boomy for me. I have mine set at 1/3 to 1/2 depending on the music.
JerryU (10-11-2019)
Old 03-17-2018, 03:43 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^

I'm finding my newly found (for me) ability to adjust the Bass with Presets to match the songs really works well. Just made another flash drive with Stevie Nicks, Janis Joplin (about every song they made) the best Heart, and some Adele, Joss Stone. Found my middle Bass setting was best so now it plays in shuffle mode when I start the car! When needed, I press Tone 6, with Bass set far over to the left.

Press and pick what fits the song!

Last edited by JerryU; 03-17-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:31 AM
C82LT
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 352 Posts

I agree in the source of the music affecting the EQ settings. I use my iTunes a lot and there are EQ settings in the app, so that also impacts the sound. Satellite radio just sounds tinny to me no matter what I do.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

Music on satellite is so compressed it is unlistenable to me. I didn’t use it when it was free.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:36 AM
shakinrock
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jdlev
Good point Shak....any idea if the C7 sound system can handle flac or other lossless formats, or do we have to stick to mp3s? mp3s aren''t bad as long as it can handle 320kb/s.
I rip to MP3 at 320 kb/s. I'm satisfied with the sound quality and I am picky. That said, if the vert top is down nothing will sound as most expect / hope.

The functionality of the '15 2LT media player is excellent. Album, artist, genre, and playlist sorting. Picture of the 'album' (or whatever picture you want at the song level), made up genre's, etc.

Right now I have about 1500 songs on a 32gb jump drive which is about 33% used. Works like a charm.

Last edited by shakinrock; 04-01-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:28 AM
PrinceJamesI
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
On my premium system (w/ subwoofer and surround) I like:

Fader +2
Treble +8
Midrange -3
Bass +1

Many have commented it's the mid-range that makes things sound muddy if turned up above midpoint. In addition, it sounds better to me with the Bose processor thingie, set to "normal" as opposed to "centerpoint" or "driver."
Where is that processor setting at in the menus? Can you take a pic of the screen.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:52 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PrinceJamesI

Where is that processor setting at in the menus? Can you take a pic of the screen.
See post #26. You get that menu from tone settings in the music/radio menu. Experiment with the three images at the bottom row. Folks say that centerpoint (meant to provide surround sound) is processed and unrealistic. I went back and forth between that and normal, but after several months I've left it on normal. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:33 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
I'm not into audio... found a nice thread discussing which mode is best (said to use normal) but nothing about equalizer settings. I like electronic (EDM), 90s rock, 80s everything and classic hip-hop.

is there a good general setting? I want to set it and forget it.

Everyone has different ideas of what sounds good. Go out and spend 5 mins and listen to a couple songs and adjust each level until you like it. Then leave it alone, done. For me, I like treble to be a 90%, mid and bass to be in the middle. Love me some crisp high sounding treble. This system is really clean for an American car.

Get notified of new replies

To Equalizer settings for 2LT Bose sound system?

Old 07-24-2018, 08:31 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^

Settings are song or song group dependent. Although I adjusted bass settings you could adjust all parameters and save to a preset! I did 3 but you have many more possibilities! I did bass since some songs like Joss Stone singing "Tear Drops" had a boomy bass and I was turning it down when it came up in shuffle mode defeating one of my main objectives of always having my sound system on- "drowning out road and tire noise!" Now I just push a preset! I'd say about 10 to 15% of the songs I have on my thumb drive were too boomy so now I just press a preset! You could set any mix of parameters and save. You can set and record whatever you want and label the button with whatever will fit!

Last edited by JerryU; 07-24-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:19 PM
jefsvet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^

Settings are song or song group dependent. Although I adjusted bass settings you could adjust all parameters and save to a preset! I did 3 but you have many more possibilities! I did bass since some songs like Joss Stone singing "Tear Drops" had a boomy bass and I was turning it down when it came up in shuffle mode defeating one of my main objectives of always having my sound system on- "drowning out road and tire noise!" Now I just push a preset! I'd say about 10 to 15% of the songs I have on my thumb drive were too boomy so now I just press a preset! You could set any mix of parameters and save. You can set and record whatever you want and label the button with whatever will fit!

Sorry if this has already been explained, but how did you change the labels on the preset? Also is there an easy way to delete existing presets? Thanks.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:33 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^

This is a 5 page PDF with pics/text that shows how step by step: http://netwelding.com/Boomy_Bass.pdf

I'm just presenting what I discovered has ben available for some time that others have posted but without the detail "How To."

Last edited by JerryU; 07-25-2018 at 02:34 AM.
1BlueRay (07-27-2018)

Quick Reply: Equalizer settings for 2LT Bose sound system?