Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:05 AM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
The single greatest; "least for the value price," has to be the Grand Sport option/folly.

The Z51 and the ZO6 are viable performance options with a big return. The GS, is essentially a waste of money. A BIG waste.
Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones

The above is one of the most, if not the most ridiculous post I've read on this forum in my time here. However considering the source, no surprise.
The opinion regarding the source of the comment is yours, however I agree that the comment itself leaves a lot to be desired. Actually, I feel the GS is one of the best bangs for the buck. But this IS a thread calling for opinions, and we all have those and the other thing.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:37 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,607 Likes on 5,563 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Given the option, I would have bought a GS October of 2015. Instead I cancelled my Z06 order and bought a Z51 Stingray. Not sure if that would mean I saved over the Z06 or paid more than the Z51.
I don't believe there's a bad choice or money being wasted on any particular model whether, Z51, GS, Z06 or base Stingray is chosen; it just depends on what the individual purchaser prefers for whatever reason.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:24 PM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
I don't believe there's a bad choice or money being wasted on any particular model whether, Z51, GS, Z06 or base Stingray is chosen; it just depends on what the individual purchaser prefers for whatever reason.
Exactly. There's too many half assed statements made on this forum by everyone who " thinks" their setups are the best. Comments like " I wouldn't own one without this or that" are the stupidest things I have heard. Let people enjoy what they picked, it's still a great car!
Old 03-17-2018, 02:27 PM
NavyBlue2
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 73 Posts

Totally Worthless:

6.5% Sales Tax
$1000 Shipping/Delivery

Mostly Worthless:

$100 Battery Protection Package
Old 03-17-2018, 05:28 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp
Exactly. There's too many half assed statements made on this forum by everyone who " thinks" their setups are the best. Comments like " I wouldn't own one without this or that" are the stupidest things I have heard. Let people enjoy what they picked, it's still a great car!

It really bothered me when I first posted about ordering my car and I felt like people were very angry with me for not ordering NPP. I often saw "I wouldn't own one without it" in the comments. But I stood my ground and stuck to my order and didn't let peer pressure take over. In the end, I have zero regrets, I don't think the car absolutely needs NPP at all. I ordered very few options on my car (black wheels, red calipers, Z51 spoiler, carbon flash badge package, battery protection and the A8) and I still don't feel like I'm missing anything at all. I don't feel like my setup is the best, but it sure is the best for me, and I kept the cost very low which was the main objective.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:44 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman

It really bothered me when I first posted about ordering my car and I felt like people were very angry with me for not ordering NPP. I often saw "I wouldn't own one without it" in the comments. But I stood my ground and stuck to my order and didn't let peer pressure take over. In the end, I have zero regrets, I don't think the car absolutely needs NPP at all. I ordered very few options on my car (black wheels, red calipers, Z51 spoiler, carbon flash badge package, battery protection and the A8) and I still don't feel like I'm missing anything at all. I don't feel like my setup is the best, but it sure is the best for me, and I kept the cost very low which was the main objective.
Mine is even more "basic": 1LT, auto, battery protection, bought off the lot at a forum dealer. Great deal didn't break the bank and gives me what I wanted.

Incidentally, guys here are both knowledgeable and opinionated about all the variations of C7, which is fine. On the other hand, the average kid on the street sees any C7 and says to his dad, "Why can't we get one?"

The following 2 users liked this post by fsvoboda:
joemessman (03-17-2018), Patman (03-18-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 06:50 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Glad you held your ground. I can't understand these people that presume their way is the best way. As I have stated before. It is all subjective.

Last edited by joemessman; 03-17-2018 at 06:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Patman (03-18-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 07:56 PM
pnsnkr
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyBlue2
Totally Worthless:

6.5% Sales Tax
$1000 Shipping/Delivery

Mostly Worthless:

$100 Battery Protection Package
I remember paying a luxury car tax when I bought my previous car in 1997. Glad didn't have to pay one on the 'vette. I take it that the Z06 is still hit with gas guzzler tax, correct?
Old 03-17-2018, 09:21 PM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

you stood your ground against anonymous folks on the internet? What’s the world coming too...
Skid Row Joe (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 12:41 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

you stood your ground against anonymous folks on the internet? What’s the world coming too...
Old 03-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

You're hilarious
Old 03-18-2018, 10:53 PM
RickHuntz
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Black wheels

Originally Posted by silberma
Extra cost chrome wheels for $1995 on the C7 are even more of a waste. The standard wheels are just fine
Black wheels will eventually decrease the resale value of any Vette, in my opinion. They are just a fad like the spinner wheels of days gone by
Old 03-19-2018, 03:18 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

How about my colored body vents? $1,000. Yikes!!. I wanted them and like them on my long beach red, but what a gouge, swindle and overcharge. I even had to provide my own lubrication.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by RickHuntz
Black wheels will eventually decrease the resale value of any Vette, in my opinion. They are just a fad like the spinner wheels of days gone by
The black wheel haters keep thinking they are just a fad but mark my words, they are here to stay whether you like it or not.
Boiler_81 (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 10:39 AM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

The black wheel haters keep thinking they are just a fad but mark my words, they are here to stay whether you like it or not.
I agree. It's part of the reason the C7 was debuted with them on.
The following 2 users liked this post by ssidekickbp:
Boiler_81 (03-19-2018), Patman (03-19-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 04:06 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

As mentioned before, what matters here is what you are really evaluating. Is it what "you" the owner values (excluding the thought of options that are most often viewed as popular or must haves by others that would buy the same model car, or for that matter if you are trying to sell your car will attract buyers"

Two examples:

1) Performance Data Recorder - most will never use it for its truly intended purpose. But when talking with friends looking to buy a C7, its one of those options that always comes up on their list of desired options.

2) Heads up display - Same that holds true for Performance Data Recorder, some may never use it or need it, but most think its cool and many people won't buy a new or used vette without it.

As long as you, the owner of your car, don't care about what may or may not help it sell in the future (for me, since I don't track my car, I would NEVER buy a Z06 with the Z07 package. I am just not going to worry about the astronomical cost of replacing brake components on that model).

Last edited by RACE U; 03-31-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Options that give you the least value for the price