Sponsored by:

Dash pad problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 08:16 AM
Battman69
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dash pad problems

I decided to change the color of my interior in my 2019 Grandsport.2LT. I had my seats redone in red along with my door arm rests, center console and dash pad,(over the gauges). Since my dash pad, the one that goes across the complete dash just below the windshield, has gray thread stitching, I had the upholstery shop use a red dye pen to change the color. The red bled into the black dash material. He used mineral spirits to clean the black dash pad and now the area around/next to the thread has turned yellow. Can I have the black re-dyed or should I replace the complete dash pad? I don't think a re-dye will look as well as factory and may fade in a year. He is paying for the repair. I'm totally upset with the result.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:29 AM
Let It Ride
Melting Slicks

Received 923 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by Battman69
Can I have the black re-dyed or should I replace the complete dash pad? I don't think a re-dye will look as well as factory and may fade in a year. He is paying for the repair. I'm totally upset with the result.
Yes you can. When I had my C6 I ruined the dash pad around the corvette indent trying to get glue off that I used to stick the corvette letters in there. I went to the dealer who charged me $150 to re-dye the area and it came out perfect. They bring in a guy who performs the work. He even matched the grain in the dash. I had the car for 3 more years and it looked perfect. Sorry I don't have pics. This is not my car but it was the whole area around the letters that I had used all kinds of gleu removers on.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:45 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I agree that the dash can be dyed. Just be sure the person doing it knows what they are doing so that the match is perfect. Good luck - hope it turns out great.

Get notified of new replies

To Dash pad problems

Quick Reply: Dash pad problems