Sponsored by:

Courtesy delivery - pre delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:46 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxie2U

To be honest, YOUR ADVISE IS IRRESPONSIBLE!
What the hell are you even talking about ?
Old 03-20-2018, 09:43 AM
yeller z06
Burning Brakes

Received 350 Likes on 205 Posts

Group hug?
Old 03-20-2018, 09:52 AM
jimjimsC7
Pro

Received 481 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
"Do not warrant my business!!!"? Very few dealers are in the business counting on doing courtesy deliveries. The $300 or even $750 fees are not likely to change their lifestyle one way or another. As far as to future business, you have already demonstrated that is not going to happen.
What dealership are you associated with? I'm in commercial construction related sales and I can assure you most of my repeat business is based upon the service I give the customer or the potential future customer no mater how small the sale. It's about servicing the customer first and the profit will follow.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:56 AM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

Service that is helpful is what brings people back to any business no mater what you do.
If you feel that you are not treated well, most of us vote with our wallet and find a place that we feel better going to. IMHO
Old 03-20-2018, 12:53 PM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,164 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by jimjimsC7
What dealership are you associated with? I'm in commercial construction related sales and I can assure you most of my repeat business is based upon the service I give the customer or the potential future customer no mater how small the sale. It's about servicing the customer first and the profit will follow.
I would think we can both agree that there is a difference between commercial construction and auto dealerships. Then again, maybe you are going to tell me you are going to be really fired up about charging a nominal fee to fix the building down the street built by some company out of Texas because the owner figured he could save a couple of dollars.

I fully understand the value of offering good service. I also understand that the best service I am going to offer is to those folks who invested their dollars and trust and bought from me in the first place. I understand availability and expertise but right about now every Chevrolet dealer in the universe can get allocation and most likely most of them can meet very competitive pricing.

I can understand if you live within a couple hundred miles of one of the big boys and take a day to drive over and do business. On the other hand, shipping half-way across the country is another deal. When I spend high five figures, I far prefer having someone close who is dedicated to helping me. Being a 1,000 miles away makes any help a little more complicated. I can be the nicest guy in the world when selling something to make a living. After the customer's check has been cashed and he has a major problem is when things potentially change for a lot of people.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Exactly....... Ask the big boys if they're going to come down to Texas to argue for non-existent Lemon Law enforcement, after you bought a lemon from them. Because Texas Lemon Law is non-existent on new cars and trucks bought outside Texas.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,713 Likes on 2,920 Posts

"Do not warrant my business!!!"? Very few dealers are in the business counting on doing courtesy deliveries. The $300 or even $750 fees are not likely to change their lifestyle one way or another. As far as to future business, you have already demonstrated that is not going to happen.
I will strongly disagree with you. The Chevrolet dealership I use told me flat-out they had zero allocations remaining for a 2014 Z51 so I ordered elsewhere, used them for courtesy delivery, and they've been my servicing dealership ever since on my C7 and also 4 others Chevys, and I might even start taking my GMC to them as well.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Exactly....... Ask the big boys if they're going to come down to Texas to argue for non-existent Lemon Law enforcement, after you bought a lemon from them. Because Texas Lemon Law is non-existent on new cars and trucks bought outside Texas.
This is also a very valid point. I did try buying from a local dealer...but the C7 market was quite a bit different 4 years ago.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:28 PM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,164 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Kracka
I will strongly disagree with you. The Chevrolet dealership I use told me flat-out they had zero allocations remaining for a 2014 Z51 so I ordered elsewhere, used them for courtesy delivery, and they've been my servicing dealership ever since on my C7 and also 4 others Chevys, and I might even start taking my GMC to them as well.
I am sure that in 2014 with the new model, smaller dealerships easily could have been out of allocation. If you want it, the bigger dealerships would be the way to go. I congratulate you as it seems you were straightforward with the local guy and did contact him before ordering. He is obviously doing the right thing and taking care of you.

My point is that today any dealer can most likely get allocation and the only arguement is likely the price. If in fact you can save thousands and you made the effort locally, by all means order the car and find someone to do a courtesy delivery. But, ordering without that effort because it seems "cool" another way, nets you a dealer who most likely just does not care about you as a customer. We see tons of threads on this forum from people who didn't buy locally and are complaining when the local guy is not doing handstands to cure problems.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:15 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

I am sure that in 2014 with the new model, smaller dealerships easily could have been out of allocation. If you want it, the bigger dealerships would be the way to go. I congratulate you as it seems you were straightforward with the local guy and did contact him before ordering. He is obviously doing the right thing and taking care of you.

My point is that today any dealer can most likely get allocation and the only arguement is likely the price. If in fact you can save thousands and you made the effort locally, by all means order the car and find someone to do a courtesy delivery. But, ordering without that effort because it seems "cool" another way, nets you a dealer who most likely just does not care about you as a customer. We see tons of threads on this forum from people who didn't buy locally and are complaining when the local guy is not doing handstands to cure problems.
Funny thing is, it was the big dealerships that were out of allocations, and a small family operation I was able to find one at.

I do fully agree regarding your 2nd paragraph.

Last edited by Kracka; 03-20-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:26 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Apparently you missed the multiple threads in the last six months where forum members simply took the keys and left the dealer’s lot, no inspection. To their horror and complete dismay they found major cosmetic damage after they left the lot. They called the courtesy delivery dealer who told them they (the dealer) were not responsible for any damage once the car left the lot.

To be honest, YOUR ADVISE IS IRRESPONSIBLE!
Inspection for cosmetic damage is on the BUYER. If the buyer doesn't consider it to be important enough to take up his time, he abdicates most of his recourse.

Why on earth would you try to delegate that to the dealer, whose standards as to what constitute 'notable cosmetic damage' are likely to be *far* below that of a discerning Corvette buyer?

Anyone who just grabs the keys to a new car and drives off the dealer lot without doing their own cosmetic inspection is the one being irresponsible, and deserves what they get. "It was raining!", "It was late!", "I was in a hurry!"... blah blah blah... lame excuses. It's YOUR money, and YOUR car -- do YOUR inspection or live with it.

Last edited by Kent1999; 03-20-2018 at 03:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Maxie2U (03-25-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 09:10 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,153 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
I guess I'm not understanding why anyone would want someone doing anything besides handing over the keys ...
I told you YOUR ADVISE WAS IRRESPONSIBLE.

Here are two more delivery horror stories and why you don’t just have them hand you the FOB.

Reference post#1 and post#24.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1596858206
Old 03-25-2018, 09:17 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

I told you YOUR ADVISE WAS IRRESPONSIBLE.

Here are two more delivery horror stories and why you don’t just have them hand you the FOB.

Reference post#1 and post#24.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1596858206
If you are telling me my advice is irresponsible, then I'm telling you, that your reading comprehension is less than a fourth grade elementary school student.
Let me help you; I asked a question, and a question is almost the direct opposite of advice. Advice is usually what you receive when a question is asked.

Last edited by PatternDayTrader; 03-25-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:27 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

You make so many false claims about people buying their cars online and having bad buying experiences. I personally think your claims are a bunch of BS. Why don’t you just conduct a poll and see for yourself if people on the forum who have bought their Corvettes online have had favorable experiences from Courtesy dealers or an unfavorable experience. I think you will see for youself you are dead wrong. Really “tons of threads”

Last edited by MMD; 03-25-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Courtesy delivery - pre delivery