Sponsored by:

After driving the car for a month, the dealer ask me more money! Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 12:12 PM
wst1101
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default problem settled

The sales man from dealer just contact me. The problem is solved. I appreciate all the care and help from all forum members.

Last edited by wst1101; 03-21-2018 at 04:08 PM. Reason: problem settled please delete
Old 03-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Your post is kinda hard to follow, but the dealer can't hold your title, the bank/credit union/finance company will have your title until you pay off the lien. Ask your finance company if they have the title. If so, then I'd tell the dealer sorry, were done.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:44 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

If the dealer hasn't released the MSO, you may be screwed. Call the finance company and find out if they have a title. If they do, you should be good.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:52 PM
wst1101
Advanced

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
If the dealer hasn't released the MSO, you may be screwed. Call the finance company and find out if they have a title. If they do, you should be good.
Thank you, my finance company have received the electric version title. What does MSO mean?
Old 03-20-2018, 12:54 PM
wst1101
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ernest_T
Your post is kinda hard to follow, but the dealer can't hold your title, the bank/credit union/finance company will have your title until you pay off the lien. Ask your finance company if they have the title. If so, then I'd tell the dealer sorry, were done.
sorry about that, I was too angry when I writing it. My finance company has received the electronic version title.
Can I get the plates and registration from California dmv?
Old 03-20-2018, 01:35 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Originally Posted by wst1101

Thank you, my finance company have received the electric version title. What does MSO mean?
Manufacturer Statement of Origin. Precedes the title. Contains details about the car.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 PM
RMS73
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 215 Posts

Is the title for VA or CA? Did you get temporary tags from VA for the car? I If so then a temporary registration should have come with the car for the temporary tags.In VA the dealer can T&R the car in VA or the state the car is going to. My brother bought a car in VA and lives in NC. The T&R was done with NC. A temporary tag w/ temporary registration was put on the car for him to drive it home. I also had this done when I purchased a car in Maryland. When I have titled and registered a car in VA, DMV asks for the current registration and the title number and who is holding the title. So if you have a registration card, know the title number and who has the title you should be ok. Just check what CA DMV requires for T&R.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:25 PM
wst1101
Advanced

Originally Posted by RMS73
Is the title for VA or CA? Did you get temporary tags from VA for the car? I If so then a temporary registration should have come with the car for the temporary tags.In VA the dealer can T&R the car in VA or the state the car is going to. My brother bought a car in VA and lives in NC. The T&R was done with NC. A temporary tag w/ temporary registration was put on the car for him to drive it home. I also had this done when I purchased a car in Maryland. When I have titled and registered a car in VA, DMV asks for the current registration and the title number and who is holding the title. So if you have a registration card, know the title number and who has the title you should be ok. Just check what CA DMV requires for T&R.
I have the temporary plates and registration. I got the electronic version title, there is no title number on it. I am going to DMV this week, thank you
Old 03-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

This is easy.

Look at the sales contract you signed.

See the bottom line?

Did you pay that amount?

If so, you're good to go.
If not, you owe it.

Everything else about addresses, etc, is just noise.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (03-22-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 03:20 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Dealers who let you drive off w/o a settled contract (terms, etc.) should be avoided by all means.... That's one of the older tricks in their bag of tricks.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:25 PM
wst1101
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kent1999
This is easy.

See the bottom line?

Did you pay that amount?

If not, you owe it.

Thanks for your reply. I did pay the amount they put on the contract
Old 03-20-2018, 03:27 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
This is how it is done & also what it is called MSO. CALL YOUR BANK THAT FIN YOUR CAR. The dealership can not hold your mso to go into your state for that to be worked up. They only have x amount of days to do that are they can be taking to court. Robert
wst1101 (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 03:27 PM
wst1101
Advanced

Originally Posted by tcinla
Dealers who let you drive off w/o a settled contract (terms, etc.) should be avoided by all means.... That's one of the older tricks in their bag of tricks.
Didn't expect they would ask more money two month later I signed contract. They actually have my plates and registrations in their hand, they just don't ship them to me.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:38 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

This is easy.

See the bottom line?

Did you pay that amount?

If not, you owe it.

Thanks for your reply. I did pay the amount they put on the contract
Then what is their rational for asking you to pay additional monies?

Are they claiming that the terms and/or amounts in the contract are in error? If it's a simple mathematical error, and neither of you caught it, then I would pay it.

If it is an *additional* fee that is not mentioned in the contract, I would tell them to pound sand, and if the title isn't mailed out within 72 hours, legal recourse is the next step.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:40 PM
wst1101
Advanced

Then what is their rational for asking you to pay additional monies?

Are they claiming that the terms and/or amounts in the contract are in error? If it's a simple mathematical error, and neither of you caught it, then I would pay it.

If it is an *additional* fee that is not mentioned in the contract, I would tell them to pound sand, and if the title isn't mailed out within 72 hours, legal recourse is the next step.
Exactly what I am thinking. If I were them I would feel ashamed to ask my customer to pay more money. I am considering go to CA DMV and claim that I didn't received the registrations or asking a attorney to write a letter to them.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:37 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

What a BS dealer to do something like this. Along with the suggestions you already have you could maybe get some relief through the Better Business Bureau in Virginia. Also, let the name of this dealer out so folks here will know to avoid them.

With that said, and hopefully they don't have you over a barrel here, if things don't seen to be going your way it may be easier to just pay the crooks, and be done with them. Good luck.
wst1101 (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 04:39 PM
wst1101
Advanced

Rosenthal Land Rove Land rover dealer in Tysons Corner, Virginia
Avoid them.
Rebel Yell (03-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To After driving the car for a month, the dealer ask me more money! Need some help

Old 03-20-2018, 05:57 PM
TwoVettes6916
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default After driving the car for a month, the dealer ask me more money! Need some help

I purchased a z51 on january. I live in CA, since this one is the only yellow z51 3lt at that time, I bought it from Virginia. The whole transaction was a nightmare... "Did you tell your attorney you changed three times your address and payments?" What's the relation between my address and the tax....? Also how does it become my fault about the address which was messed up by them. Anyone had similar problem? I am still driving with a expired temporary registration. This is the third car I purchased after I came the US, well, my dream car but I didn't expect the shopping nightmare.
Wow, I thought I had a big search area - 7 states, but from CA to VA, that's pretty impressive.

Regarding addresses - how did they get three addresses? You only need to give them one address - the one where you want the car to be registered. Sales tax and everything else should be associated with that address. If you are financing the car, then the loan company will be the lien holder and will hold the title until you pay off the loan for the car.

As another poster mentioned, look at the contract that you signed. If you have paid the amount reflected in the contract, then you have met your obligation. Also check with the loan company to see if they have received the title. If these two items have been met, then call the financial officer at the dealership and tell him/her that there is no reason for you to pay any additional money.

If, for some reason the dealership has not sent title information to the loan company, call the dealership and ask why not.

It is a shame you are running into these problems. As you said, this is your dream car (as it is for everyone on this forum). Best of luck in getting this issue taken care of.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:04 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

I don't understand why you buy a car in VA if you live in CA, but anyway, not my business i suppose.

Tell the dealer to go **** themselves
Old 03-20-2018, 06:12 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by z edge
I don't understand why you buy a car in VA if you live in CA, but anyway, not my business i suppose.

Tell the dealer to go **** themselves
He could also just park it in a the bad part of town with the keys in it and tell the dealer where it is. Neither would get the results he wants though.

Quick Reply: After driving the car for a month, the dealer ask me more money! Need some help