Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is your key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Bob Beroza
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 161 Posts

I keep it in my pocket with it's very kewl Arctic White cover.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:06 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I should've also mentioned that the workout bag option has its risks. One day in my 2015 while refueling (door closed, fob in bag) I couldn't re-enter the car--locked out with fob on the inside. My cell phone was also in the bag so I couldn't use the MyChevrolet app. I assumed it might've caused interference with the fob so after re-entering the car with a key hidden on the outside I did a quick test by moving the fob to the console and closing the door. Click, doors locked again! The hidden key was my savior in this case as it had been on other cars over the years.

When I returned home I checked the voltage on the 3v battery, which was 3.05v. The replacement showed 3.3v and I had no problems from that point until I bought my 2017. The lesson here is that the fob can get locked in the car despite good technology and intentions, so keep that in mind. It might also be a good lesson to change the fob battery once per year.
This happened to me in my C6 as well when I had it in my briefcase while traveling, then threw the briefcase in the hatch, closed it, and OOPS This also prompted me to wire a hatch key under the car. But in the C7, the option to not lock is always on for me. Works wonders. Only thing is sometimes if I get in the car after fueling, when I close the door it doesn't know I'm in it, so it gives me the 3-beep.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:26 PM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by IAIA
This happened to me in my C6 as well when I had it in my briefcase while traveling, then threw the briefcase in the hatch, closed it, and OOPS This also prompted me to wire a hatch key under the car. But in the C7, the option to not lock is always on for me. Works wonders. Only thing is sometimes if I get in the car after fueling, when I close the door it doesn't know I'm in it, so it gives me the 3-beep.
That happened to me several times in my C6, usually when I threw my bag in the trunk with key inside. The C7 has better "vision" for the fob inside the car than the C6, and when I bought my first C7 I did some tests which showed that when the fob was anywhere inside it could see it. The C6 had no phone app option to unlock the car and I had a hidden key on that car, too. Saved my butt several times.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:42 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
That happened to me several times in my C6, usually when I threw my bag in the trunk with key inside. The C7 has better "vision" for the fob inside the car than the C6, and when I bought my first C7 I did some tests which showed that when the fob was anywhere inside it could see it. The C6 had no phone app option to unlock the car and I had a hidden key on that car, too. Saved my butt several times.
Yup. But the first time I did it, I had to take a taxi back home to retrieve the spare key! That's when I wired a hatch key under the car. Did that this time, too...but it's not necessary because the C7 has good sensing skills.
About unlocking from the phone...that's only while you subscribe to OnStar, correct? After that (I'm not paying on a monthly basis esp. since I have bought a car retrieval/theft recovery subscription which I'm now sorry about), I didn't think you could still unlock remotely.

Quick Reply: Where is your key fob?