Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission experts, need advice please

Old 03-31-2018, 09:54 AM
767guy
CF Senior Member

Liked 175 Times in 127 Posts
Default Transmission experts, need advice please

My 2018 C7 A8 built June 2017 has the rear end" Warble " noise exactly the same as the Videos in the warble noise thread and videos.

My question is assuming it is diagnosed as being a differential defect ( ring and pinion gear not shimmed properly) and as long as there is no excessive metal in the differential oil will it eventually fail if not replaced??

If it is not the kind of problem that will lead to a failure I would rather occasionally listen to the warble than have the entire rear end of the car torn apart with the risks that brings.

Thanks.

Last edited by 767guy; 03-31-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:07 AM
DALE#3
CF Senior Member

Liked 947 Times in 665 Posts

That is what a warranty is about.Fix while covered.The dealer you have picked to check the car out.Look them up.Check on their previous work on corvettes.Feedback etc.
Sucks you have a issue period.If it isn't fixed right,return until fixed.If you wait it will only get worse.If it is the R&P?
The repair will be guaranteed.Good luck.

Last edited by DALE#3; 03-31-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:46 AM
767guy
CF Senior Member

Liked 175 Times in 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DALE#3 View Post
That is what a warranty is about.Fix while covered.The dealer you have picked to check the car out.Look them up.Check on their previous work on corvettes.Feedback etc.
Sucks you have a issue period.If it isn't fixed right,return until fixed.If you wait it will only get worse.If it is the R&P?
The repair will be guaranteed.Good luck.
Yes, covered under warranty.....my experience with my 2015 was THREE transmission tear outs for defective Torque converters with damage to the car each time and from reputable well known dealers.The last tear out was done by one of our forum sponsor dealerships who damaged the rear bumper cover and an improper install of the right rear axle half shaft that had to go back for replacement..........
Therefore, I am considering avoiding the very invasive tear out if it is of the opinion of our forum transmission guys that the R&P shim issue is just a nuisance noise with low probability of failure......I just don't have the expertise to know about that.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:21 PM
b4i4getit
CF Senior Member

Liked 244 Times in 169 Posts

Use the warranty to fix a problem like this. Who knows what will happen when it causes a problem out of warranty and you have to open your wallet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission experts, need advice please

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: