C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum members, posted awhile back about base 1LT vs 2or and Z51.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 10:50 PM
pgwaterman
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forum members, posted awhile back about base 1LT vs 2or and Z51.

I have made decision to go with 1lt. I do not need the bells and whistles which I am sure are awesome but for me not needed. I found a car from a dealerr down south that I have been trying to make the deal with but do not really want to drive down there. It's a 14 with under 10000 miles and looks immaculate, I know pictures do not tell the whole story so I guess my question is should I trust the dealer who seems reputable from what I see in his reviews or do I need to go look for myself? Or do you know of any company that specializes in looking at vehicle s for buyers who do not want to make a trip and have car shipped. Any input appreciated.

Thank you
Pgwaterman
Old 04-02-2018, 10:58 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,345 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I would not by a used car without inspecting it in person, or having someone I trust look at it for me.

A decision as important as this type of decision deserves the time it takes to inspect it.

Good luck.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:10 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,599 Likes on 5,560 Posts

I have quite a bit of experience at this over 40 years and always advise to personally inspect every Corvette prior to purchase.
If I don't want if enough to travel to see it, I don't want it enough period.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:12 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Do not trust a dealer’s pictures of anything.

Go on the regional forum where the car is located and create a thread asking someone from that area to go inspect the car for you. I’m sure someone will respond and go take a look for you. That’s what I did a couple of years ago when looking at used C7’s. There was a Vette that looked really good in the photos but when a Forum member, who happened to live just a few blocks from that dealer, looked at it in person, he reported to me that the car had several ugly scratches inside and out and the previous owner had apparently been pretty rough with it.

In the end, I bought a new Corvette from a local dealer.
The following users liked this post:
BlueFinn (04-03-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 11:14 PM
pgwaterman
Intermediate

Kevin
Point Well Taken I Will Be Traveling.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:19 PM
pgwaterman
Intermediate

Kevin
point well taken, I will be traveling.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:25 AM
SMT1004
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

I was in the exact position as the OP, found some nice used C7 at dealers up to 300 miles away. Not saying there aren’t dealers that represent there cars with 100% transparency, however I never found one. There was a dealer 150 miles south of me, long story short drove down to pick it up, started inspecting it and then there it was, good size dent in the front bumper. Looked at the photos again, how could I miss that. Creative angles hid that little flaw. Another car similar experience, inspection is required no question about it. In the end I ended up in a new heavily discounted 2017. OP good luck in your search, don’t forget to have them put it up on a hoist for an under car inspection.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:49 AM
Billy346
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by pgwaterman
I have made decision to go with 1lt. I do not need the bells and whistles which I am sure are awesome but for me not needed. I found a car from a dealerr down south that I have been trying to make the deal with but do not really want to drive down there. It's a 14 with under 10000 miles and looks immaculate, I know pictures do not tell the whole story so I guess my question is should I trust the dealer who seems reputable from what I see in his reviews or do I need to go look for myself? Or do you know of any company that specializes in looking at vehicle s for buyers who do not want to make a trip and have car shipped. Any input appreciated.

Thank you
Pgwaterman
Before you pull the trigger, you might want to consider looking at a new 1LT from an internet dealer like Kerbeck, Criswell, or MacMulkin. They tend to buy lots of the base models and sell them at very competitive prices. I bought a new 1LT Z51 back in November for about the same price as a 3-year old 3LT Z51.

Get notified of new replies

To Forum members, posted awhile back about base 1LT vs 2or and Z51.

Quick Reply: Forum members, posted awhile back about base 1LT vs 2or and Z51.