C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy Cowboy's sound deadening installed!!!!

Old 06-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by JHA
Dan are you coming to Colorado anytime soon? I’d be interested in having you do my install. Have a clean garage area at my machine shop. Quiet area.
Man I wish it were ski/snowboard season that would be more than enough of an excuse! If there’s a few guys out your way I might be able to put something together. Otherwise maybe winter time!?!
Old 06-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by R2800
On your way to Houston could possibly stop in Beaumont, Texas.
I am HORRIBLE with geography. I know where TX is and I know it’s a HUGE state. I’ll have to look at the distances from Beaumont and Houston to Dallas. I’ve never even been in TX except a number of times to change flights at the airport. I remember hearing it takes a whole day to drive across the state?

If it’s within 3-4 hours I wouldn’t be opposed to driving possibly. Otherwise I might be able to set up more guys in your areas or help you find an installer which may wind up saving you some money and time waiting for me to get out there as well.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:13 PM
R2800
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Crazy Cowboy

I am HORRIBLE with geography. I know where TX is and I know it’s a HUGE state. I’ll have to look at the distances from Beaumont and Houston to Dallas. I’ve never even been in TX except a number of times to change flights at the airport. I remember hearing it takes a whole day to drive across the state?

If it’s within 3-4 hours I wouldn’t be opposed to driving possibly. Otherwise I might be able to set up more guys in your areas or help you find an installer which may wind up saving you some money and time waiting for me to get out there as well.
IH 10 goes thru Beaumont and it is about 90 miles east of Houston.
The following users liked this post:
Crazy Cowboy (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 09:21 PM
NickMongo
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Cowboy, visit Google Maps, and runs some time-distance scenarios. The DFW (Dallas Forth Worth) metroplex is massive. For example, driving from the suburbs of east Dallas to the suburbs of west Fort Worth, could take upwards of 2-hours during rush hour, depending on your route and exact time of day. Factor this in when you start locking us in for the install of your sound deadening system. I live in the North Dallas suburb of McKinney. Get exact addresses of all interested parties and map them out. Best of luck, looking forward to your DFW visit and install of my double extreme.
Crazy Cowboy (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 09:38 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

I'm looking at airfare and hotels are reasonable if I were to set this up in the next couple days. Anyone interested please email me your contact info so I can reach you tomorrow or Sunday. I'm an early riser and usually work late so I have no problem driving a gas-saving rental car a couple hours early before traffic to get around to you guys. I just need to speak with everyone and get them scheduled with what works best for everyone. I was looking at the 23rd through the 27th possibly with arriving around 8am and leaving around 8p so I would be able to do an install on all 5 days. If we have more or less I can adjust accordingly.

Crazy Cowboy
407-221-8040
Old 06-30-2018, 11:34 AM
NickMongo
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Cowboy, NickMongo here, sent you an email regarding my install. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:28 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,671 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BERGN8R
I hover around 220 so are you saying I can afford the extra 32 pounds or I should go on a diet? Bet that guy didn't have the competition seats.
Yeah, I think the Comp Seats would have been rough for him.

He was a big guy and looked like an ex-football player who's now out of shape. 300 maybe reaching, but he was easily 260 or 270 so I kept my comments to myself.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

OK guys, I have every day booked from July 23-28th EXCEPT the 24th. Two of you emailed me and I've left voicemail, one we've played phone tag. Will get in touch with everyone I spoke to yesterday in just a bit and set everything up so I can go ahead and get the trip planned and paid for with airfare before it goes up anymore.

Whoever gets back to me for the 24th first will get it. I MIGHT be able to pull off a two car install day if someone wants to do an evening install.... Not sure I could do more than one or two days of 2-car installs without killing myself!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO CRAZY COWBOY'S YOUTUBE PAGE:
IM4A2Z (07-09-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 11:25 PM
R2800
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'22-'23

Looking forward to the install.
Crazy Cowboy (07-04-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 01:53 AM
The T-man
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Cowboy
Changing tires will help lower noise levels. Frost King will also lower noise levels. Neither will come remotely close to the Double Extreme Kit in noise level reduction (as well a heat) that our kit does. I’ve been insulating Corvettes for over 15 years and have seen and tried dozens of things and products. The material used in our Double Extreme kit is more than twice as thick as Dynamat Extreme. The second layer of material is more dense and has two layers of aluminum (vs one) than Frost King.

Tires will reduce noise levels considerably (not as much as our kit) but they are also more expensive than our kit (probably each rear tire is as much as the kit) and you can do them when it comes time to need tires. The Frost King is not a horrible solution especially if you’re on a budget (not maybe guys in a new C7 are on a super tight budget).

I have over 300 emails and letters from customers all over the world who installed our base level kit or had it installed. Probably 40 from customers since 2014 with the Extreme Kit. And since the Double Extreme Kit became available, I have heard back with raving reviews from almost every customer who has installed it. In just a few weeks we’ve sold dozens of Double Extreme Kits for the C6 and C7.

I just got another shipment in yesterday of 1000 lbs of material (20 kits). If you want the closest thing to a luxury touring vehicle interior environment with the windows up, this is the only way to go
do you have any install partners here on West Coast northern Cal?

Last edited by The T-man; 07-02-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:14 AM
gbo680
Heel & Toe

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

3 Days to the Cowboy's road trip to Central New York!
Crazy Cowboy (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by The T-man
do you have any install partners here on West Coast northern Cal?
Unfortunately I don't out there that I am aware of. You can always check with Best Buy, car dealerships, upholstery shops, car audio/stereo/alarm shops, race/speed shops, Corvette shops, or collision/paint/body shops. Also check with local Corvette clubs or car clubs - usually there are car guys with some credibility who are very capable and willing to make money on a side job.

I've sold a LOT of kits to guys in Cali over the last few years for the C7. Most guys have done it themselves but I am sure there are many who had it installed. Try calling some of those listed above and see what kind of quotes you get. I know price can vary a lot by region and installer. One guy paid over $1200 just for the installation out there in Cali earlier this year. For that price I would have flown out there and done it. Most areas seem to be around $400 installation but it depends.

Get a few quotes you may find a reasonable deal.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:00 AM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

I've decided to bump the sale discount up for TODAY ONLY to $40 off on the C7 Double Extreme Kit for the 4th of July sale. If you order online today before midnight I will refund the discount back to you right away OR you can order by phone with a credit card. Won't be able to ship until Monday because I'm doing installs up in NY this week

www.ExoticVette.com
Old 07-07-2018, 07:52 AM
gbo680
Heel & Toe

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I had my Double Extreme Kit installed by Dan "Crazy Cowboy" this week on an upstate NY road trip. Afterwards I took car down the lake road for a couple of 20 mile test rides along with some city street driving.
It was much quieter and the difference in road noise was better than expected.
Dan is a very hard and meticulous worker and kicked butt on that hot and humid day to give me a quality install.The new quiet ride will be so appreciated on the way to Carlisle.Thanks again and it was great to meet you Dan.
Crazy Cowboy (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Thanks for posting George. That was one heck of a hot day, wasn’t it!?! I sincerely appreciate how nice you and your family were to me. You guys are awesome. I’m so sincerely happy that you are happy with it and everything is worked out as it should. That’s a beautiful 2019 you got there - enjoy it and your new freedom in retirement buddy! Who knows may see you at Carlisle.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:19 PM
63 Blue Thunder
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Just got back from our weekend road trip to Rochester to have Crazy Cowboy install his Double Extreme kit in our 2016 convertible last Saturday.

Dan's good name and good reputation are the real deal. His work was flawless and the results are very impressive. My wife only took two minutes to announce, "This is a new car!"

Without the pictures he sent after, nobody would ever know that the install was as complex and detailed as it is. And there is no visible evidence of any additions.

I am super pleased.

And hope you enjoyed the liquid refreshment from north of the border!

Regards, Tom
foxvette AT Hotmail.com
Crazy Cowboy (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by 63 Blue Thunder
Just got back from our weekend road trip to Rochester to have Crazy Cowboy install his Double Extreme kit in our 2016 convertible last Saturday.

Dan's good name and good reputation are the real deal. His work was flawless and the results are very impressive. My wife only took two minutes to announce, "This is a new car!"

Without the pictures he sent after, nobody would ever know that the install was as complex and detailed as it is. And there is no visible evidence of any additions.

I am super pleased.

And hope you enjoyed the liquid refreshment from north of the border!

Regards, Tom
foxvette AT Hotmail.com
Tom it was awesome meeting you and talking. The beers were delicious. I’m so happy your wife enjoyed it. Happy wife = happy life (I might have stolen that quote but it’s true)

Maybe see ya at Carlisle or down around FL for the Daytona race my friend. Drive safe and enjoy it!

Get notified of new replies

To Crazy Cowboy's sound deadening installed!!!!

Old 07-10-2018, 11:12 PM
gumbo2000
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I was working on my install this past weekend. Everything was going good until I got to disconnecting the seat wiring harness. I just wasn't getting it. I spent about an hour searching for info, trying again, and muttering a few choice words to myself. Finally, I gave up and shot an email to Dan with a picture of the connector and asked if he had any advice. It was a little after 9 PM on a Friday night so I really wasn't expecting a reply anytime soon.

In less than an hour on a Friday night Dan had emailed me back with directions, my picture modified with exactly what I needed to do, and an offer to give me a call. I was absolutely blown away by the customer service. Even more so when I learned that Dan had been working on an install already that day. I was VERY happy to be able to wrap up the project by the end of the weekend after all.

I'd also add that Dan's instructions were great. This is by far the biggest automotive project that I've ever taken on and the step by step instructions made it possible. My issue with the under-seat connector was all on me. Not sure why but I've always had a ridiculous hard time with automotive electrical connections.

Thanks again Dan for the great kit and even more so for the help when I needed it most. Much appreciated!

Last edited by gumbo2000; 07-10-2018 at 11:13 PM. Reason: missing word
Crazy Cowboy (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Thanks Gumbo! Glad I could help. I try my best to be available when I can to help with questions or issues. I really appreciate the kind words and taking the time to write it here. Hope you enjoy the accomplished mission of installing the kit with your quieter Vette. It’s a pretty big task for someone who hasn’t ever done anything like this to a car. The instructions with pictures and guidance have helped over 2000 forum members install kits over the last 14 years. I’m very happy to hear that you’ve joined the ranks of one of the “installers” who have done it!

Have an awesome day!
Cowboy
Old 07-11-2018, 01:13 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by gumbo2000
I was working on my install this past weekend. Everything was going good until I got to disconnecting the seat wiring harness. I just wasn't getting it. I spent about an hour searching for info, trying again, and muttering a few choice words to myself. Finally, I gave up and shot an email to Dan with a picture of the connector and asked if he had any advice. It was a little after 9 PM on a Friday night so I really wasn't expecting a reply anytime soon.

In less than an hour on a Friday night Dan had emailed me back with directions, my picture modified with exactly what I needed to do, and an offer to give me a call. I was absolutely blown away by the customer service. Even more so when I learned that Dan had been working on an install already that day. I was VERY happy to be able to wrap up the project by the end of the weekend after all.

I'd also add that Dan's instructions were great. This is by far the biggest automotive project that I've ever taken on and the step by step instructions made it possible. My issue with the under-seat connector was all on me. Not sure why but I've always had a ridiculous hard time with automotive electrical connections.

Thanks again Dan for the great kit and even more so for the help when I needed it most. Much appreciated!
Connections can be a little confusing or tricky. You have to know where to pry apart the locking tab or you can risk breaking it and they differ in several ways. Visibility is tough too sometimes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crazy Cowboy's sound deadening installed!!!!