Sponsored by:

New Clear Bra from XPEL

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:42 AM
flying_vette
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by flyforfun
I am scheduled to get XPEL Ultimate on Monday. The shop says they are not doing the headlights because it can cause the casing to form small heat cracks? Should I ask if they can use the "Plus"? Is it a more expensive product than the Ultimate?

Thanks
I had similar feedback from a suntek installer, he doesn’t do headlights anymore. He has seen spider cracks develop overtime. However xpel installer has headlights included in full frontal package, I’m not sure if I would do the headlights.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:07 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary barnes 1098
2800$............I’ll buy a bottle of touch up paint. Unless of course There’s a Garuntee against any damage??? These cars are Chevrolet’s. In 5 Years one with and one without will be close to same value.Just my real thoughts.
Yeah, but yours will look like ****. Some of us have pride.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by flying_vette

I had similar feedback from a suntek installer, he doesn’t do headlights anymore. He has seen spider cracks develop overtime. However xpel installer has headlights included in full frontal package, I’m not sure if I would do the headlights.
My XPEL installer said the same thing about the headlights.

Anyone know when this will be available at installers? I’m supposed to drop my Z later today for xpel, would rather prefer to get the new plus.
Yes, it is available now. My guy has it in stock, but any installer can order and get it quickly.

Last edited by Foosh; 04-18-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,098 Likes on 1,732 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

If you Know the installer that is the best way. If you don't how in the hell if I was getting my car wrapped in XPEL would know the difference if the installer was using leftover Xpel ultimate and charging us for Xpel ultimate plus??????

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 04-18-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:03 AM
flying_vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
If you Know the installer that is the best way. If you don't how in the hell if I was getting my car wrapped in XPEL would know the difference if the installer was using leftover Xpel ultimate and charging us for Xpel ultimate plus??????
One can only hope they are installing the product that is listed on the invoice to the customer, how many installers would be interested in committing a fraud that way?
Old 04-18-2018, 11:07 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

One can only hope they are installing the product that is listed on the invoice to the customer, how many installers would be interested in committing a fraud that way?
Good point!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:15 PM
flying_vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yes, it is available now. My guy has it in stock, but any installer can order and get it quickly.
My installer is receiving the new film on Monday so I moved my appointment to next week...my Z will be the guinea pig for him lol
The following users liked this post:
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 01:16 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Say Yes to PPF

Originally Posted by mdolandese
How much to get the entire car done? Rockers, splitter and spoiler. Is it the same price as the reg Xpel Ultimate or is my installer going to try and juice me?
The pricing for ULTIMATE versus ULTIMATE PLUS will be very similar. For a full car wrap (every painted panel), you're looking between $5,500 - $7,500 depending on labor rates in your area.

Does the Xpel Ultimate Plus make my Xpel Ultimate become junk?
Absolutely not, ULTIMATE and ULTIMATE PLUS are very similar so you still have an excellent product.

Originally Posted by Maxie2U
I saw you even light it on fire and after being put out there was zero damage to the product. Beyond impressive.

And the clarity is also impressive!
Thank-you! Just wait until you see how good the film looks in person.

Originally Posted by flyforfun
I am scheduled to get XPEL Ultimate on Monday. The shop says they are not doing the headlights because it can cause the casing to form small heat cracks? Should I ask if they can use the "Plus"? Is it a more expensive product than the Ultimate?

Thanks
That's great! Thank you for choosing XPEL. We've never seen any issues with XPEL film on Corvette headlights so I'm not sure what they're referring to. ULTIMATE or ULTIMATE PLUS is absolutely okay to use on Corvette headlights. The products are similarly priced.

Anyone know when this will be available at installers? I’m supposed to drop my Z later today for xpel, would rather prefer to get the new plus.
It's available to installers now. They might already have some in stock in fact.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:00 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

^^^ Thanks Awesome my Xpel ultimate is not junk !
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 02:38 PM
waunavet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20

^^^ Thanks Awesome my Xpel ultimate is not junk !
Did the nose on my 2015. Great product. No issues.
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 02:54 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

For those who commented on headlights...I've had the headlights done on my last three vehicles (Two 370Z's and the GS, all with Suntek), and never had any issues. I love that they are protected as well as the paint.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

My installer mentioned that he once had a customer whose warranty for a dead headlight was denied because it had PPF on it. According to him, dealer claimed extra heat could have been a factor in the failure. It sounded as if GM asked the dealer about the presence of a PPF. Maybe that's BS, but it wouldn't have been the first time a claim was denied because of some sort of modification.

As a result of that experience, my very experienced installer no longer recommends headlight coverage.
DWS44 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Blue666's
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Coincidentally, I received an email from an installer I've used for several of our cars. He was one of the first to open a business installing PPF more than 20 years ago, and is highly regarded by all the film manufacturers, and he works with all of them.

At any rate, he said he was one of 3, who were chosen by XPEL to evaluate this new product, and he said it was, by far, the finest PPF he's ever seen. I haven't done my new car yet, so I'm dropping it off this weekend for him to install the new "Plus" on my SO C7.

Be sure and post up a review once you've got it installed, ok? I had Expel Ultimate installed on my 2018 GS Vert before I drove it home from Bowling Green, but I'm curious to hear about the new Ultimate Plus.
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DWS44
For those who commented on headlights...I've had the headlights done on my last three vehicles (Two 370Z's and the GS, all with Suntek), and never had any issues. I love that they are protected as well as the paint.
and couldn't you just pull of the film if their was a problem?
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 04:20 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

Coincidentally, I received an email from an installer I've used for several of our cars. He was one of the first to open a business installing PPF more than 20 years ago, and is highly regarded by all the film manufacturers, and he works with all of them.

At any rate, he said he was one of 3, who were chosen by XPEL to evaluate this new product, and he said it was, by far, the finest PPF he's ever seen. I haven't done my new car yet, so I'm dropping it off this weekend for him to install the new "Plus" on my SO C7.
Wow!! Awesome could you please post some pic's when the car is finished I really like to see it. I just talked to my guy and he's waiting to get some. He said don't believe all the Hype, but from what I've been reading it's hard not too. Then you could tell me what you think, if there's less orange peel, more gloss etc Thank You
Old 04-18-2018, 04:42 PM
robertlevine
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm getting the XPEL Ultimate Plus installed on my car when it arrives (hopefully next week) - both shops semi-local to me are already carrying it (Detailers Domain in NJ and Automobilia Auto Salon in CT)
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Gadsden
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18

Originally Posted by XPEL
The pricing for ULTIMATE versus ULTIMATE PLUS will be very similar... ...Absolutely not, ULTIMATE and ULTIMATE PLUS are very similar so you still have an excellent product.
If I plan to Ceramic Pro 9H the whole car after XPEL install, would it matter which version to get? Any difference after ceramic application?

Get notified of new replies

To New Clear Bra from XPEL

Old 04-18-2018, 04:59 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

and couldn't you just pull of the film if their was a problem?
Old 04-18-2018, 05:01 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

My installer said it would be the same $$$ regardless of the film I chose
Old 04-18-2018, 05:05 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Xpel

Originally Posted by Gadsden
If I plan to Ceramic Pro 9H the whole car after XPEL install, would it matter which version to get? Any difference after ceramic application?
It would not matter which version. Either product works very well with 9H. You'll be very pleased with the end results.
Gadsden (04-18-2018)

Quick Reply: New Clear Bra from XPEL