Sponsored by:

New Clear Bra from XPEL

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 11:34 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default New Clear Bra from XPEL

Since the launch of XPEL ULTIMATE, the world’s first self-healing paint protection film, we’ve worked to advance the industry further. It’s taken some time, but trust us, it was all worth it. Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce the arrival of the new XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS – the next evolution of superior paint protection film.

The New XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS

ULTIMATE PROTECTION, UNSEEN

An unparalleled high gloss finish. Improved impact protection for enhanced durability. No doubt, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS is the most advanced paint protection on the market. Along with the same self-healing power you’ve come to love, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS provides less visible distortion than ever before. It also maintains maximum adhesion to painted surfaces thanks to our new edge seal technology.

With ULTIMATE PLUS, you’ll forget all about the orange peel woes of other films. It’s so optically clear, it’s virtually invisible to the naked eye. In some cases, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS can improve the surface quality of your original paint, offering a more consistent finish and overall shine. It’s the perfect product to keep your personal vehicle looking pristine with minimal effort on your end.

Driving any distance can take a toll on your car’s exterior. Road grime, tar, bug guts, bird droppings and even air pollution can contaminate the clear coat, causing etching, oxidation, or worse. Thanks to XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS paint protection film, your vehicle can stay safe from outside elements. The film is extremely stain & discoloration resistant, leaving you free to enjoy the drive without worrying about a wipe down at your next stop.

Name:  ULT.PLUS_Corvette.png
Views: 1987
Size:  110.4 KB

Unsure about the level of protection you need? For most sports cars and passenger vehicles, we recommend what you see above. It’s commonly called a “full front” package. This type of coverage typically includes the entire hood, front bumper, full fenders, headlights, fog lamps, mirror caps, and more. Rocker panels and other high impact areas like rear bumpers and fenders are also important to protect, especially with performance cars or trucks with wide tires.

Name:  New-XPEL-ULTIMATE-PLUS-Paint-Protection-Film-Now-Available-Blue-Lamborghini-Huracan-Spyder-side-.jpg
Views: 1799
Size:  337.1 KB

To Find An XPEL Installer Nearest You, Visit Locator.XPEL.com.

Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can you Wax the film?
Yes. If your vehicle is kept outside and not washed often, then you'll want to apply a wax or ceramic coating to the top of the XPEL. Just be sure not to use any products that contain petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosene. Also avoid products with a harsh dye in them as this could cause the film to stain over an extended period of time.

- Can you wrap edges with pre-cut patterns?
Yes. Using the XPEL Design Access Program (DAP) pre-cut template software, your installer can select any kit and extend edges to wrap giving your Corvette the most accurate and seamless installation possible.

- What does it cost?
For full frontal protection that includes: full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors you can expect $1,895 - $2,195.
For full frontal with rocker panel protection you can expect $2,395 - 2,795

- Can you use ceramic coatings on top of this film?
Yes. Just be sure to apply on TOP of the XPEL and never underneath as it could potentially interfere with adhesion over time.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out as we're always happy to help.

Last edited by XPEL; 04-17-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Gary barnes 1098
Drifting

Received 596 Likes on 349 Posts

2800$............I’ll buy a bottle of touch up paint. Unless of course There’s a Garuntee against any damage??? These cars are Chevrolet’s. In 5 Years one with and one without will be close to same value.Just my real thoughts.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
Since the launch of XPEL ULTIMATE, the world’s first self-healing paint protection film, we’ve worked to advance the industry further. It’s taken some time, but trust us, it was all worth it. Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce the arrival of the new XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS – the next evolution of superior paint protection film.

An unparalleled high gloss finish. Improved impact protection for enhanced durability. No doubt, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS is the most advanced paint protection on the market. Along with the same self-healing power you’ve come to love, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS provides less visible distortion than ever before. It also maintains maximum adhesion to painted surfaces thanks to our new edge seal technology.

With ULTIMATE PLUS, you’ll forget all about the orange peel woes of other films. It’s so optically clear, it’s virtually invisible to the naked eye. In some cases, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS can improve the surface quality of your original paint, offering a more consistent finish and overall shine. It’s the perfect product to keep your personal vehicle looking pristine with minimal effort on your end.

Driving any distance can take a toll on your car’s exterior. Road grime, tar, bug guts, bird droppings and even air pollution can contaminate the clear coat, causing etching, oxidation, or worse. Thanks to XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS paint protection film, your vehicle can stay safe from outside elements. The film is extremely stain & discoloration resistant, leaving you free to enjoy the drive without worrying about a wipe down at your next stop.

Attachment 48275317

Unsure about the level of protection you need? For most sports cars and passenger vehicles, we recommend what you see above. It’s commonly called a “full front” package. This type of coverage typically includes the entire hood, front bumper, full fenders, headlights, fog lamps, mirror caps, and more. Rocker panels and other high impact areas like rear bumpers and fenders are also important to protect, especially with performance cars or trucks with wide tires.

Attachment 48275318

- Can you Wax the film?
Yes. If your vehicle is kept outside and not washed often, then you'll want to apply a wax or ceramic coating to the top of the XPEL. Just be sure not to use any products that contain petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosene. Also avoid products with a harsh dye in them as this could cause the film to stain over an extended period of time.

Yes. Using the XPEL Design Access Program (DAP) pre-cut template software, your installer can select any kit and extend edges to wrap giving your Corvette the most accurate and seamless installation possible.

- What does it cost?
For full frontal protection that includes: full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors you can expect $1,895 - $2,195.

Yes. Just be sure to apply on TOP of the XPEL and never underneath as it could potentially interfere with adhesion over time.

How much to get the entire car done? Rockers, splitter and spoiler. Is it the same price as the reg Xpel Ultimate or is my installer going to try and juice me?

Last edited by mdolandese; 04-17-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:25 PM
TSLAVette
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary barnes 1098
2800$............I’ll buy a bottle of touch up paint. Unless of course There’s a Garuntee against any damage??? These cars are Chevrolet’s. In 5 Years one with and one without will be close to same value.Just my real thoughts.
Spoken like a guy who has never used the product. I won't own a car that doesn't have it. Lease ... that's another story.

I garuntee that your request is as ludicrous as your spelling!
The following users liked this post:
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 09:36 PM
DCortez
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 136 Posts

Installer ... Installer ... Installer

Did mention INSTALLER?

We got a horrible job from the "official" xpel shop in Houston last year. They've agreed to look at the work but with my heavy travel schedule, that might not be for another two years. If it was a one week turn around, I could take my car in. Forgot how many weeks they had the car for the install.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,732 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Does the Xpel Ultimate Plus make my Xpel Ultimate become junk?
Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Of course not. Just not as good
Old 04-17-2018, 09:54 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mdolandese
Of course not. Just not as good
Old 04-17-2018, 09:57 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Sometimes I wonder if the installer would use old stuff or another brand and tell you it is the newest greatest version . How would we know its not like it looks any different than the other .
Old 04-17-2018, 10:25 PM
CptCvMan
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
No, it just makes you forget about the orange peel woes.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:29 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CptCvMan
No, it just makes you forget about the orange peel woes.
But I like my ORANGES PEELED!

Old 04-17-2018, 10:42 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,146 Likes on 2,246 Posts

I saw you even light it on fire and after being put out there was zero damage to the product. Beyond impressive.

And the clarity is also impressive!
Old 04-17-2018, 10:45 PM
leftyf16
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

This is well worth the cost for an 80-90k car.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:36 AM
flyforfun
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL

Attachment 48275317

Attachment 48275318

- Can you Wax the film?

- What does it cost?

I am scheduled to get XPEL Ultimate on Monday. The shop says they are not doing the headlights because it can cause the casing to form small heat cracks? Should I ask if they can use the "Plus"? Is it a more expensive product than the Ultimate?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2018, 01:12 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,278 Likes on 13,957 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I’ve got Xpel Ultimate on my DD - excellent product. Next new car I buy will have the Ultimate Plus installed on it.
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 06:13 AM
Gary barnes 1098
Drifting

Received 596 Likes on 349 Posts

Don’t forget to ALWAYS use a very soft cloth when opening and closing your doors. Ugghhh,those fingerprints!!! Next year it will be an Ultimate Ultimate super plus wrap!!! That way the guys with just the Ultimate can upgrade again!! Lmao
Old 04-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Coincidentally, I received an email from an installer I've used for several of our cars. He was one of the first to open a business installing PPF more than 20 years ago, and is highly regarded by all the film manufacturers, and he works with all of them.

At any rate, he said he was one of 3, who were chosen by XPEL to evaluate this new product, and he said it was, by far, the finest PPF he's ever seen. I haven't done my new car yet, so I'm dropping it off this weekend for him to install the new "Plus" on my SO C7.
XPEL (04-18-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To New Clear Bra from XPEL

Old 04-18-2018, 07:36 AM
ShelJW
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I’ve got Xpel Ultimate on my DD - excellent product. Next new car I buy will have the Ultimate Plus installed on it.
I picked up my car after getting Xpel Ultimate put on it just last week.

I can tell you, it's really amazing how it is totally invisible! You can look at the door, and the panel adjacent to the door, one with Xpel (the door ) and the other without, and there's no way anyone would be able to see the difference! it is totally invisible.

Only in areas where there is a seam can you see it, and even there, I have to point it out for someone to see (and there are very few areas where the installer had to leave a seam.

Of course Xpel would announce a NEW product five days after my car got completed, but honestly, I'm really thrilled with the product I now have on my car!
XPEL (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 07:56 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

I guess for many owners this clear wrap makes sense. Myself realizing I am in the minority I buy a drcolorchip kit and call it a day.
No point in debating the pros and cons as this subject has been beaten to death. I am just stating my position of not willing to spend in excess of 1K to protect against the possibility of rock chips.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:24 AM
flying_vette
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 140 Posts

Anyone know when this will be available at installers? I’m supposed to drop my Z later today for xpel, would rather prefer to get the new plus.

Quick Reply: New Clear Bra from XPEL