Sponsored by:

Two bent wheels -- is this the norm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 08:11 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
True, but if GM decided to put forged mono-block wheels on every C7, folks would be screaming about the $5K+ price increase. It's important to keep in perspective that what GM is offering in the Corvette line is a car that far undercuts the price of it's competition. That involves trade-offs.

Personally, I prefer it that way. I'd rather make the choice myself to pay $5K for a set of wheels if I need the light weight and strength of forged mono-blocks, and I'd rather choose my own design rather than what GM decides my expensive wheels should look like. The average Corvette owner does not want or need forged mono-blocks.
I know they would more than not charge that much, but even if they bought them from like a vendor in here could get one big deal on that many sets of wheels

Much less if they would make a good set up for a so called track car from the show room... Robert
Old 04-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
Obviously bending/breaking C7 wheels is not the norm, however it does happen on occasion.
Z51, GS, Z06 and ZR1 suspension, brakes, tires and wheels seem more designed for tract performance as opposed to running around town hitting potholes and speed bumps.
You are so right!
Old 04-23-2018, 10:34 AM
Italianfox
Burning Brakes

Received 811 Likes on 375 Posts

Can't help wondering if the new MRC calibration update is partly to address the bent wheel issues by being more compliant.

Last edited by Italianfox; 04-23-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Two bent wheels -- is this the norm?