Seat Covers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 12:26 PM
murtro
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Seat Covers?

Anyone have some nice seat covers? I'm petrified of the normal bolster wear on the drivers side. Yes, I've read the threads about proper entry, etc and I'm as careful as possible however it's still a concern. So I'm wondering if anyone has found seat covers that look decent?

Old 04-22-2018, 12:58 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

I can't help with a product, but something to keep in mind is that whatever kind you choose need to be compatible with the side impact airbags.
The following users liked this post:
murtro (04-22-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 04:01 AM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

Relax, take a xanax and rest assured the aftermarket has a prophylactic solution for you to avoid ever to having touch any part of you corvertte unprotected. You can have the second best used car interior ever traded in. My brother has the best.

My brother just ordered these for his Z06/Z07 with 3LZ competition seats with the Midnight blue interior, sigh

link:

https://www.carid.com/2017-chevy-corvette-seat-covers/coverking-cr-grade-neoprene-custom-seat-covers-248571917.html?parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|Coupe

He likes them, said it took about 2 hours to install both.

You might also note his seat armour towel protectant for the armrest and the door kick panel protectors. Not shown is the door sill protectors, the mirror covers, the dash mat, the aftermarket carpets with the attachment grommet holes (no logo, too gaudy), ordered two sets, one for later, and the custom license plate holders front and rear.

You may guess correctly that I call dibs on this car when he goes to trade it. It will look new, with low mileage to match. Sigh.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:58 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by murtro
Anyone have some nice seat covers? I'm petrified of the normal bolster wear on the drivers side. Yes, I've read the threads about proper entry, etc and I'm as careful as possible however it's still a concern. So I'm wondering if anyone has found seat covers that look decent?

I have interior color matching towel (gray) draped over the driver seat (bottom) and bolster. Saves bolster from possible wear, easy to sit on, easy to remove. Even leaving it in place when you exit car, you'll only see it if you cup your hands to the driver window and look inside.

Should you choose to, upon exit you can move it from the seat to the driver side floor pushed against the seat for complete invisibility.

Easiest way I found to keep the seat looking pristine w/o changing the car's interior.

Suggest you give it a try for a week or two before deciding on seat covers.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:03 AM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

I'll be the one to come right out and say it.

LET IT GO!!

These are cars, not statues. Use them and enjoy them! There will always be normal wear and tear but don't ruin the looks of these cars with every protective product they make.....
The following 3 users liked this post by ssidekickbp:
Boiler_81 (04-23-2018), CandyRed77 (04-23-2018), DWS44 (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 10:15 AM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Relax, take a xanax and rest assured the aftermarket has a prophylactic solution for you to avoid ever to having touch any part of you corvertte unprotected...Sigh.

The phrase "cure is worse than the disease" comes to mind with those covers.
SRQ Vette (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 10:20 AM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by murtro

Web search should find a lot. Check forum vendors.

Also, it's not all that expensive to reskin the seats with OE materials if you actually managed to destroy the originals.

Kevin A Jones (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 10:42 AM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

They used to make plastic couch covers in the 1970's. Perhaps you could bring that back.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Covers?

Quick Reply: Seat Covers?