MRC Update Glitch

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 02:13 PM
shiv.nandak
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default MRC Update Glitch

Hello everyone, i originally asked this in the ask tadge section but received no replies so far. So i thought i could get some information/advise here.

I got the MRC update ($350). Ever since then i have noticed the issues below:

- When i select the steering to stay in tour mode (via touch screen selection) - it does not stay in tour mode when i select track mode via the drive selector. The steering in track also feels a lot stiffer than before.

- My exhaust has become significantly quieter since the update (even though its set to track mode via touch screen). It's almost like it's stuck in sport mode instead of track.

- I also noticed that the suspension is very stiff in tour mode, it feels like i am in track mode the entire time (i am not sure if this is normal for the update). The impact/bump absorption appears to be similar (if not slightly better) than the previous tour mode.

I noticed in the bulletin that it says 2014/2015 vehicles will also require MRC module software and utility file updates along with calibration files. My vehicle is a 2015 z06, could these issues have been caused by the failure to update the files mentioned above? or could it be due to an improperly performed update?
Old 04-29-2018, 02:58 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

My 2015 Z06 update which also included the track upgrade has less harshness going over bumps in Touring Mode and seems to perform better in Track Mode (after a lot of laps at VIR it seems to have helped me knock about 1.5 seconds off my lap times).

There was no affect on the exhaust settings since they aren't affected by an update to the MRC module which is located behind the driver's side front fender and is visible through the fender vent. In track mode my exhaust is just as loud as it has been. Steering hasn't changed.

The MRC update is only an update to the calibrations of the MRC module not to a lot of other things.

Bill
Old 04-29-2018, 03:43 PM
shiv.nandak
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '17

After extensive testing this morning I've confirmed that the suspension is stuck in either sport/track mode in every mode. My best guess is that it is stuck in track mode ( it feels similar to the non-updated track mode).
Old 04-29-2018, 03:56 PM
falcon5619
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 192 Posts

Sounds like instead of an MRC calibration update you got an MRC removal.

Maybe resetting the settings to default from the touch screen and then restart the car. If not, maybe disconnect battery for a few minutes to reset the systems. Otherwise, back to the dealer.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:28 PM
shiv.nandak
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by falcon5619
Sounds like instead of an MRC calibration update you got an MRC removal.

Maybe resetting the settings to default from the touch screen and then restart the car. If not, maybe disconnect battery for a few minutes to reset the systems. Otherwise, back to the dealer.
i reset the settings to default from the touch screen - the exhaust sounds like it's back to normal (track mode) now. I will try disconnecting the battery next

Last edited by shiv.nandak; 04-29-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:59 PM
shiv.nandak
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '17

I tried disconnecting the battery, but unfortunately this did not fix the issue.

Update: The car is pretty much nauseating to drive on bumpy Pennsylvania roads. It bounces around like it doesn't have a suspension, it does absorb bumps the same it did before though. I wish the dealer will be able to fix it asap because i am afraid to crack a wheel or blow a tire. I never drive in sport/track due to the terrible roads here.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Wow! This sounds awful! Hope your Chev. dealer can get it resolved quick!

Get notified of new replies

To MRC Update Glitch

Quick Reply: MRC Update Glitch