C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Do C7 Coupes Out Sell Verts By Big Margin?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 01:06 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
More buy the coupe because it also is a convertible hard top. You can run solid top, clear top, or no top.
It's still a hard top, and it is still not a convertible. It's 80% a convertible. Don't get me wrong, I wish my Z06 had a removable roof., but...

Funny thing in this (or any other Vert thread) is I've never seen a former Vert owner saying how he (or she) bought a Coupe and saying how it's "JUST THE SAME!"
Old 05-29-2018, 01:11 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

And with a real good imagination you could buy a car with a moon roof and call it a convertible. Particularly if your hair is carefully coifed.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:48 AM
ColoradoGS
Racer

Received 347 Likes on 148 Posts

This thread needs to die or be shut down by Mr. Bell.

The question asked by the OP has been answered. There are fewer verts than coupes because fewer people want one. The rest of the thread has been vert lovers insulting coupe owners and coupe lovers doing likewise to vert owners. What's the point? No one is going to read a post here and go "OMG, you are right. Verts are awesome! I'm selling my coupe tomorrow at a huge loss to make the switch." It certainly isn't going to happen given the insulting tone of half the posts in this thread.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:58 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by ColoradoGS

The question asked by the OP has been answered. There are fewer verts than coupes because fewer people want one. The rest of the thread has been vert lovers insulting coupe owners and coupe lovers doing likewise to vert owners. What's the point? No one is going to read a post here and go "OMG, you are right. Verts are awesome! I'm selling my coupe tomorrow at a huge loss to make the switch." It certainly isn't going to happen given the insulting tone of half the posts in this thread.
You're kinda new here so I understand your thoughts.

However, much of the fun here consists of simple BS'n around with these kinds of topics. Verts/Coupes, A8/M7, Black wheels/Chrome wheels, Wide body/Narrow body, Stripes/No Stripes, Remove fender badges/Keep fender badges, Chrome emblems/Carbon Flash emblems, etc. etc. etc. Nobody is going to sell what they have and get anything else; it's just the nature of CF C7 section to trumpet loudly what we have and why we think it's the best.

Take it in good fun. Just don't get any black wheels; chrome is the best.

Last edited by ExRedRacer; 05-29-2018 at 02:33 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ExRedRacer:
Corgidog1 (05-29-2018), pdiddy972 (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 02:10 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

I haven't seen any insults or PAs so I hope TPTB don't shut it down.

It's a fun opinion thread which pays for this site via threads viewed. There is no right or wrong opinion , and I'm pretty sure we all understand this.
The following 2 users liked this post by owc6:
Foosh (05-29-2018), Skid Row Joe (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 02:57 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Says: "shut down thread," then proceeds to write an op-ed piece.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:05 AM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,828 Posts

"OMG, you are right. Verts are awesome! I'm selling my coupe
RIGHT ON MAN
When Frustrated..Heed Oddball's Advice
Old 05-29-2018, 09:13 AM
ShadowB
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_
I'm in the market for a new C7 Grand Sport.

I like the idea of a convertible but it bothers me that there is a much larger number of coupes sold than convertibles.

What am I missing?
You’re going to get replies here where responders think they made the superior choice because they're special. Doesn’t matter what they think or what they theorize. If you want a Vert get it. Pick the car the “you” want, there’s no right answer.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:20 AM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
You're kinda new here so I understand your thoughts.

However, much of the fun here consists of simple BS'n around with these kinds of topics. Verts/Coupes, A8/M7, Black wheels/Chrome wheels, Wide body/Narrow body, Stripes/No Stripes, Remove fender badges/Keep fender badges, Chrome emblems/Carbon Flash emblems, etc. etc. etc. Nobody is going to sell what they have and get anything else; it's just the nature of CF C7 section to trumpet loudly what we have and why we think it's the best.

Take it in good fun. Just don't get any black wheels; chrome is the best.
Exactly - it can't be all be discussion of actual real questions. Sometimes we just want to debate BS like this. Some people act like they're being forced to visit these threads...
The following users liked this post:
Foosh (05-29-2018)

Quick Reply: Why Do C7 Coupes Out Sell Verts By Big Margin?