C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Favorites Display on Radio...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Problem with Favorites Display on Radio...

Hi All,

Slight problem with displaying my favorite songs from my thumb drive with about 1200 to 1300 songs. See pictures below.

What happens is I save the songs I like to my favorites so I could just push a button and it is there. But recently it went ghosted as you see and I get the message that a device containing this favorite may not be connected. However that song and all my songs play and I can call it up by voice request. If I play that song, I can save it again on my favorites like before and it will stay there as long as the car is running, but when I shut off the car and restart it then it is ghosted again...

Think it is a memory problem. Was not a problem when I had about 500 songs on the drive, but started as my songs grew to over a 1000.

What do you guys think it is? Tried everything but still the same. Anybody know a fix for it. Thanks, Steve

Picture#1 What happens when you push a ghosted station.

Name:  radio1.jpg
Views: 1499
Size:  59.4 KB

Picture# 2 The way it was for a while with it working like it should. All buttons working to play song instantly.

Name:  radio2.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  92.0 KB

Picture#3 The way it is now. All songs ghosted out (Like a white light on it). However, if I call it up by speech, I can reset it to
work by the button until the car is shut down. As shown by the button- Gnarls Barkley - Crazy. Also notice only the
thump drive songs are whited out, not my radio stations or NAV settings or phone numbers....

Name:  radio3.jpg
Views: 1442
Size:  70.0 KB

Last edited by Formula52; 05-27-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:25 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Anybody experience this? Hoping there is a fix for this......

Last edited by Formula52; 05-29-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:03 PM
Formula52
Drifting

ttt
Old 05-31-2018, 03:21 PM
NostraD
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

I often lose my Favorite Playlist links and have to reset. I believe this happens primarily when I remove my SD and/or USB drive (I have/use both for music) and add/delete music files and/or edit playlists.

Not sure there's a fix... GM Infotainment is buggy, archaic and universally terrible, whether using Chevy MyLink in my C7 or Caddy CUE in my ELR.
The following users liked this post:
Formula52 (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Originally Posted by NostraD
I often lose my Favorite Playlist links and have to reset. I believe this happens primarily when I remove my SD and/or USB drive (I have/use both for music) and add/delete music files and/or edit playlists.

Not sure there's a fix... GM Infotainment is buggy, archaic and universally terrible, whether using Chevy MyLink in my C7 or Caddy CUE in my ELR.
Thanks for the reply NostraD. It is very buggy system. Mine too used to disappear when I removed the thumb drive and replaced it. I had to reset it, but then they would stay on after I shut the car down and restarted it. Now they don't come back on unless I set it when the car is running, then they disappear again when I startup the next day. So why bother. Not a big issue because I can get my song by request it by voice.
I will ask about it in Carlisle when I talk to the engineer that designed it.

Thanks again, Steve....

Last edited by Formula52; 06-01-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:05 PM
vettnutt
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Maybe with the addition of more song titles, the drive hasn't indexed fully? Or when you added more songs, did you change folder or file locations? Maybe the system can't find them where the favorites is looking for them. Curious to what you discover.
The following users liked this post:
Formula52 (06-02-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Originally Posted by vettnutt
Maybe with the addition of more song titles, the drive hasn't indexed fully? Or when you added more songs, did you change folder or file locations? Maybe the system can't find them where the favorites is looking for them. Curious to what you discover.
Thanks for replying. I did not index or do anything different with the thumb drive. I think it is the addition of the 200 or so songs I added over the Winter. Must be a limited amount of memory or something like that is my guess. It was quirky before by resetting every now or then, but always let me reset and it stayed on after shut down and restart. Now it does not. One day I will do an experiment and put a thumb drive in with say 50 to 100 songs and see if they stay there.
Take care. Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with Favorites Display on Radio...

Quick Reply: Problem with Favorites Display on Radio...