Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost to a Tesla

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 02:04 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

These days, you never know who will clean your clock. Honestly, battery powered everything is the future. If we can go green on power generation, and can somehow make the manufacturing process for batteries also green, I'm all for it.

The gas infrastructure is everywhere, charging, or a charging solution, needs to be available and just as convenient, or more so. If we cant get 600 miles a charge in a car, why not come up with a way to quickly swap batteries?
Old 06-01-2018, 02:21 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by spinkick
These days, you never know who will clean your clock. Honestly, battery powered everything is the future. If we can go green on power generation, and can somehow make the manufacturing process for batteries also green, I'm all for it.
Hopefully a TSLA owner will stand up and clean my clock. An 8 hour head start is more than fair. Where you at on this one HPT ?? Its time for you to come put me in my place …
Old 06-01-2018, 02:42 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by plmmd
Well Im a yokel who is actually working in the confines of NYC and was born there as well. I guess I dont have the west coast perspective. I see many more teslas a day than I do vettes- Most owners are elitists who traded up from their priuses and want to show how global and environmental they are. BTW they hire a crowd of gardeners who weekly use gallons of gas to blow the leaves off their property as well as plenty of natural gas (likely fracked) to heat their pools. Typical hypocrites

Yep - Teslas are mostly about being a hispter, eco-conscious virtue-signaller...
Old 06-01-2018, 02:45 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Originally Posted by jeffs64
I'm not a Tesla fan I'm a Corvette fan. Although I wouldn't mind having one as a family car. And so it beat you but You are in a sports car first and not a four door sedan that's good to get groceries. Smile your Vette looks great.
Exactly - it's not like a Ferrari or McLaren wouldn't lose to a drag with that windup toy, too. But which would you rather be seen in, and which is more fun?
Old 06-01-2018, 02:46 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
I like the vert part of the vette. I wouldn't want a tesla vert; apparently they were so bad that the builder had to ship them off-planet, to Marsico.

Hehe That was back when all a Tesla Roadster was, was a gutted Lotus body with batteries and electric engine.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:27 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by HPT
LOL. Problem with all "TSLA" cars? People who actually can afford these cars have no need to travel 300+ miles by car in one day. That's what airplanes are for. I can't recall the last time I had to make such a trip, but if the situation does arise...I'll take my Range Rover or Mercedes instead of the Tesla.

BTW, there's no need to refer to a company by its ticker. Tesla is a company. TSLA is a stock...one which paid for my ZR1 in 4 days, I might add.
Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
Hopefully a TSLA owner will stand up and clean my clock. An 8 hour head start is more than fair. Where you at on this one HPT ?? Its time for you to come put me in my place …
Seems pretty clear HPT already won this race. >300 miles = airplane. /race over.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:34 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Hell, forget the cross country race, just race him for 3 laps at VIR.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Mercury (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 04:41 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
Seems pretty clear HPT already won this race. >300 miles = airplane. /race over.
Except that wouldn't actually have anything to do with TSLA which if you have been following the thread, is exactly what this is all about.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:54 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972

Yep - Teslas are mostly about being a hispter, eco-conscious virtue-signaller...
Corvette owners are generally about mid life crisis, gold chain wearing, jabronies.

See how generalizations work?

Teslas are cool cars. So are Porches, so are lots of other cars. No reason to discriminate.
The following 3 users liked this post by spinkick:
65fastback (06-01-2018), beilwing (06-16-2018), JimNeedsC7 (06-10-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 06:01 PM
BenCasey
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrc100
I went to a Dyno event this past weekend and a few GTRs were putting down over 900 to the wheels. A lot of these are modified so you never know what your going to get.
Ohhh.. I gotta tell you.. I have never seen acceleration like that.. at freeway speeds. We did a few pulls. Caught up with him at 80, and then he floored it again. It was like I was standing still.

I love car people.

Many nice experiences with 'competitors'
Old 06-01-2018, 06:05 PM
BenCasey
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by spinkick
Corvette owners are generally about mid life crisis, gold chain wearing, jabronies.

See how generalizations work?

Teslas are cool cars. So are Porches, so are lots of other cars. No reason to discriminate.
I'm with you.. teslas in the bay area aren't virtue signaling, they're just people trying to get into the carpool lane who can't afford a house, but can easily afford 120,000 on a car (first world problems).

Now if pdiddy wants to slam other car owners.. who are liberals out virtual signaling, let's start with the richard simmons of cars: the Prius (no offense to Mr Simmons).

I still say Teslas have no souls. It's rare I ever see a tesla owner actually drive.. they really do treat them like 40 second quarter mile econo boxes.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:19 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Originally Posted by BenCasey
I'm with you.. teslas in the bay area aren't virtue signaling, they're just people trying to get into the carpool lane who can't afford a house, but can easily afford 120,000 on a car (first world problems).

Now if pdiddy wants to slam other car owners.. who are liberals out virtual signaling, let's start with the richard simmons of cars: the Prius (no offense to Mr Simmons).

I still say Teslas have no souls. It's rare I ever see a tesla owner actually drive.. they really do treat them like 40 second quarter mile econo boxes.
Im trying to locate one presently …
Old 06-01-2018, 07:40 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Except that wouldn't actually have anything to do with TSLA which if you have been following the thread, is exactly what this is all about.
I’m just trying to figure out who would be dumb enough to race a car from coast to coast on public roads...any car...particularly when they simply aren’t a rational choice for covering long distances. A horse vs bicycle race across the state would be equally relevant to the discussion.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:05 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

I’m just trying to figure out who would be dumb enough to race a car from coast to coast on public roads...any car...particularly when they simply aren’t a rational choice for covering long distances. A horse vs bicycle race across the state would be equally relevant to the discussion.
Since this seems to be a total mystery to you. I suggest you refer back to post #74.
As far as your implied bologna message about racing on a public street, who says anyone is going to break the posted limit ?
All I am saying is that due to the inherent shortcomings of the TSLA cars, due to the overall inferiority, I am willing to give you, or anyone else who may feel like a TSLA can compare, an 8 hour head start. This should compensate for the general inability of the TSLA to compete with a normal car. So be a man … come and show me just how awesome the TSLA shitwaggon really is.

Last edited by PatternDayTrader; 06-02-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Xvoyager
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE=Aerovette;1597311823]I would seriously look at a Tesla if:

It could cover 1000 miles including a few (10) bullet launches.

Every gas station had a charging station or battery swap location

Keep living. Just a matter of time...the future may be sooner than you perceive.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:52 PM
zorasdream
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Closer then you think

Old 06-01-2018, 08:59 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Since this seems to be a total mystery to you. I suggest you refer back to post #74.
As far as your implied bologna message about racing on a public street, who says anyone is going to break the posted limit ?
All I am saying is that due to the inherent shortcomings of the TSLA cars because of the overall inferiority, I am willing to give you, or anyone else who may feel like a TSLA can compare, an 8 hour head start. This should compensate for the general inability of the TSLA to compete with a normal car. So be a man … come and show me just how awesome the TSLA shitwaggon really is.
Well, it I had a Tesla, I’d accept your 8 hour head start, and drive to the airport. I’ll see you in a few days once you arrive.

Simply not a relevant argument. No one with any financial resources chooses to drive cross country.

Get notified of new replies

To Lost to a Tesla

Old 06-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Xvoyager
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I see no reason you can't have both!
Old 06-01-2018, 09:00 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Ya know what …. The TSLA is just plain inferior.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:04 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Well, it I had a Tesla, I’d accept your 8 hour head start, and drive to the airport. I’ll see you in a few days once you arrive.

Simply not a relevant argument. No one with any financial resources chooses to drive cross country.
Bullschitt.
For practical purposes, I have basically infinite financial resources. Meaning I can buy anything I want at basically anytime I want. I also have free flight benefits with Southwest Airlines. I still avoid airports whenever possible. I have explained why earlier in this thread. You are right to decline my challenge though. I would demolish your ego then take your car.
The following users liked this post:
ls7plus (05-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Lost to a Tesla