Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

As the saga continues...

Old 08-08-2018, 03:00 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
Wow … keep digging yourself deeper. Attorneys now too.
You are going to screw yourself, you just don't know it.

In closing: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
The following users liked this post:
pdiddy972 (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 01:39 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

He has a reasonable chance of recovering some amount of money from someone.
The issue he is overlooking is the way he has presented this to the public leaves him in a very risky position. He is just saying "Ed Bozarth trashes Corvette rim", and that's just plain not true. In fact you could say its an outright lie. Ed did not damage this wheel, and its still unclear which dealer did. There is one in Topeka, and one in Grand Junction. Both of those entities are being painted with the same tainted brush. I can all but guarantee he will have to identify the proper party on the court documents, but for some reason he is not doing that in the public domain. The way this is being handled is stupid, and all its going to take is for one person over on the counter party side to get pissed off, and the op could be in for some serious, self inflicted damage. Is that likely to happen ? Probably not, but you never know who is going to take offense to something like this. One thing I do know, is with a phone call, the Bozarth organization can punish the op with process, if nothing else.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:03 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Pricelesss!
The following users liked this post:
///ADMAN (08-13-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 08:53 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Nice.
Looks like airing out your dirty laundry in such a public fashion didn't hurt you to bad.
Are you going to take the video down ?
Old 08-12-2018, 12:42 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Nice.
Looks like airing out your dirty laundry in such a public fashion didn't hurt you to bad.
Are you going to take the video down ?

Last edited by VETTE-NV; 08-12-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:21 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Lol .. Don't get pissed at me. I'm not the one who was overwhelmed with butthurt and just had to make a video about it.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:08 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Lol .. Don't get pissed at me. I'm not the one who was overwhelmed with butthurt and just had to make a video about it.

Not pissed at all. You came across as an overbearing know-it-all who chose to tell someone how to behave according to your set of ridiculous rules. He proved you completely wrong and you ended up looking like an absolute idiot. Are we clear now?
Old 08-12-2018, 02:40 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Not pissed at all. You came across as an overbearing know-it-all who chose to tell someone how to behave according to your set of ridiculous rules. He proved you completely wrong and you ended up looking like an absolute idiot. Are we clear now?
I don't see it that way at all. You and your partner come across as whiney little girls that cant stand it when something doesn't go your way. Worse than that your pal smeared the wrong person. Moreover, your upset that on a public forum, not everyone agrees with your petty school girl behavior, and now you have resorted to direct insults in an effort to make yourself feel better. You know what else ? Your pal has now posted additional videos and still has failed to make the proper distinctions between which dealer, or person, he blames. So yeah, I'm clear. I'm clear that for the OP this was never about resolving this issue. This is about hurting Bozarth. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Last edited by PatternDayTrader; 08-12-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:04 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

I don't see it that way at all. You and your partner come across as whiney little girls that cant stand it when something doesn't go your way. Worse than that your pal smeared the wrong person. Moreover, your upset that on a public forum, not everyone agrees with your petty school girl behavior, and now you have resorted to direct insults in an effort to make yourself feel better. You know what else ? Your pal has now posted additional videos and still has failed to make the proper distinctions between which dealer, or person, he blames. So yeah, I'm clear. I'm clear that for the OP this was never about resolving this issue. This is about hurting Bozarth. Nothing more. Nothing less.
At least you're entertaining, Not much else.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:18 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

This is not an issue about warranty. Its about damage. Cars get damaged on tracks because track cars frequently get the snot beat out of them. Saying the dealer damaged your vehicle, then admitting you just left the track, while simultaneously disparaging them in such a public way, is a dumb idea. Even if you don't agree with that, it is certainly a reflection of the persons character who is doing it. This entire issue is now just as much about defamation, as it is about reparation. The only reason he is getting away with this is because the dealer is letting him, for now. Two hundred and forty views so far and the video is still up....
How is telling a true story, with evidence to back it up, defamation?
Old 08-12-2018, 04:19 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

In my opinion it has to do with one thing. Bringing harm to the dealer in question.

It serves a second purpose, in informing the rest of us of the level of work quality we can expect from said dealer. The dealer has no right to privacy on how their work is perceived by their customers, or who they share that with. We still have free speech in this country, mostly...

This is the very essence of the problem. After reviewing the video, you are admitting that you are now more likely to go somewhere besides the dealer in question.
Whatever though. Personally I don't much care what happens next. I just think what's happening is very unfair to the dealer. Especially since the Op actually acknowledged he thought he might be taking more of a risk by going to dealer for tires in the first place. Now that the risk he knew was there has come back to haunt him, he's blaming someone else.
Problem with the above, is that if he kept silent simply because he caught their attempt to give him back a damaged wheel, hoping he wouldn't notice, is that if you don't alert others and/or punish the dealer publicly, they'll likely continue to do the same to others who aren't as observant. They'll drive off the service center and even if they spot the issue 5 minutes later, the dealer can deny it and suggest they hit something after leaving.

Last edited by pdiddy972; 08-12-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:49 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pdiddy972

It serves a second purpose, in informing the rest of us of the level of work quality we can expect from said dealer. The dealer has no right to privacy on how their work is perceived by their customers, gor who they share that with. We still have free speech in this country, mostly...

Problem with the above, is that if he kept silent simply because he caught their attempt to give him back a damaged wheel, hoping he wouldn't notice, is that if you don't alert others and/or punish the dealer publicly, they'll likely continue to do the same to others who aren't as observant. They'll drive off the service center and even if they spot the issue 5 minutes later, the dealer can deny it and suggest they hit something after leaving.
These completely intelligent and logical responses have no effect on PDT. He cannot comprehend them in the bizarro world.

Last edited by VETTE-NV; 08-12-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:00 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Originally Posted by pdiddy972

How is telling a true story, with evidence to back it up, defamation?
Go to youtube and find the videos. He is only saying Ed Bozarth. He is not making the distinction between Ed Bozarth the person and Ed Bozarth Chevrolet the dealership. Making the assumption that he must mean Ed Bozarth Chevrolet still fails because there's more than one, and no way to know which one he's talking about. So instead of being accurate with his accusations, he's thrown a blanket over the individual and all the other dealers sharing the name Bozarth. This is wrong.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:04 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51
Or the dealer might see this acknowledge their mistake and quickly remedy it. Then the OP will tell us if they did the right thing. I'd be very unhappy if I was the OP.
I agree 100%. I have had bad experiences with my dealership doing damage to my car, which is not tracked or otherwise damaged. They do not have the decency to own up to their mistakes. My only advice is take pictures and video when taking the car in for ANYTHING.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:04 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

The only thing I am truly upset about is the fact that they ruined what could have been a very good vlog for my channel.
As for the videos: I have no intension on taking down anything. If they don't like it, they can sue me. But first, ask yourself:

Who is they? I never said who Ed Bozarth was. Is it a person? A dealership? If so, which one? Where at?

Moderators: You can CLOSE this thread now.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:06 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

These completely intelligent and logical responses have no effect on PDT. He cannot comprehend them in the bizarro world.
You just don't understand the issue here. You still think I want the dealer to get away with damaging a customers property. I don't.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:09 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
The only thing I am truly upset about is the fact that they ruined what could have been a very good vlog for my channel.
As for the videos: I have no intension on taking down anything. If they don't like it, they can sue me. But first, ask yourself:

Who is they? I never said who Ed Bozarth was. Is it a person? A dealership? If so, which one? Where at?

Moderators: You can CLOSE this thread now.
And that is exactly why what you have done is absolutely wrong.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Thread Closed.

Quick Reply: Dealership Trashed Front Rim