Sponsored by:

Looking to buy new/leftover coupe 1LT GS with the 7MT

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 09:13 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1
Some people are saying to wait until the fall as that's when GM starts coming out with their heavier incentives. I admit i would love to get a few additional % points off to sweeten the deal a bit.
In most years that is true because the new model year came out in mid-August and there was pressure to move the last of the prior model year cars. Since the 2019's came out in late January, this fall likely won't see the traditional deals as 2020's can't be sold before 1/1/19. If you want a better deal, look for a 2018 - although none of the big forum dealers have any of those left.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:49 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

The 1LTs are dirt cheap to begin with. Do yourself a favor and shop cars.com.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:42 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,596 Likes on 5,559 Posts

Originally Posted by JJLAI724
I'd go with a 2LT option instead. You'll be happier.
He will only be happier if the additional features are worth $4500 to him.
Often purchases end up rarely using the features they pay dearly for.

My wife for example purchased an expensive option package which included HUD, retractable moon-roof and navigation among the more costly features and she hasn't used any of the three past the first few weeks of ownership.

In her case, the $$ she paid for that option package for which she probably uses less than 25% would have more than paid the insurance on her SUV for the entire period she will own the vehicle.

I simply consider each item in a option package weighing it's cost against need and anticipated use and it's an easy decision which to go with. I expect the OP did this since he specifically stated he was looking for a 1LT.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (06-08-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 09:00 AM
JJLAI724
Pro

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Just the stereo upgrade is worth the $4500 alone for the 2LT package.
Skid Row Joe (06-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,596 Likes on 5,559 Posts

Originally Posted by JJLAI724
Just the stereo upgrade is worth the $4500 alone for the 2LT package.
Again, you are assuming that what's important to you is important to everyone. Personally, (even though I 'may' be among the minority) I rarely listen to my stereo, other than just low volume background music.
I prefer to hear the engine as I'm enjoying my GS.

Beside have you listened to both systems?, I have and neither are that good, granted the 10 speaker is slightly better than the standard 9, however worth $4500, you are being a bit .
Rebel Yell (06-08-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 10:16 AM
VaydorVette1
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Lawrence1, I'm on the same path right now.
I'm using Autotempest.com to track the market.

I agree with your observation about the used prices being just shy of the new prices.
Suddenly last week there was a dealer in PA that seemed to have gotten a boat load of 2019 GS's and priced 'em just over the mean Used price. Makes it kooky not buy New.

Almost all of the used Grandsports I've seen on the market have had LOW low miles on 'em (like 1K - 7K).. I'm waiting to see sales of these cars with ~20K.
Like this one on VROOM. It's the first one I've seen w/20K after watching the market for a few months now.

Also keep an eye out for the new-old 2017's still sitting on dealer lots.. those gotta go by the end of the year/early next year.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:31 AM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
Again, you are assuming that what's important to you is important to everyone. Personally, (even though I 'may' be among the minority) I rarely listen to my stereo, other than just low volume background music.
I prefer to hear the engine as I'm enjoying my GS.

Beside have you listened to both systems?, I have and neither are that good, granted the 10 speaker is slightly better than the standard 9, however worth $4500, you are being a bit .
agreed. As i stated above, the 2LT features are not important enough to me to spend the extra money. I do have many of those gadgets in my other cars and i honestly rarely use them. The stereo is fine in the 1LT i listened to. The HUD would be nice to have but it's not a must but it's not a must have.

As for cars.com, there is not a lot of inventory remaining in the spec that i'm looking for. I also do not want yellow, silver or the rose/burgundy color. There are a lot of Automatic cars out there but 7MTs are few and far in between. The discounts for a 2017 and 2018 are $2K or less cheaper than a ordered 2019 that i can get drop shipped (courtesy delivery) to a nearby dealer for around $500. The few cars I found are all 2000+ miles away and would cost at least $1500-$2000 to ship to NorCal. The ones I inquired on did not want to budge further on the price, even though these cars have been in inventory for 440 to 600+ days. One dealer had one closer and it was what i was looking for but they do not deal with out of state buyers as they've had too many issues in the past. They also want the same money for the car (2018) as you can get a 2019 for. You have to wonder how they expect to move these, as I assume at some point they'll want to sell them. One dealer told me that my offer was below invoice ... on a 2017, as if it was unheard of to pay less than invoice on a 2 year old leftover car.

It looks like incentives will not be as prevalent this year either so as of right now i am inclined to just order a new one. It's a bummer that WGG can no longer be ordered.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

other than HUD, i find little to no value in those features. This will be a third car for me and aside from the 2 tone dash, which i strongly dislike since I plan to get the red interior, the 2LT package adds features that i really don't need. I mean, it's a slippery slope ... I started off looking for a Z51 and now i'm shopping for a GS.

If the HUD was offered as a stand-alone option, there is no way I'd pay $4000 for the 2LT option. I know we all have different tastes, but I personally don't care one bit about anything else in the 2LT/3LT packages.

For me, the HUD is absolutely required, and would be a deal-breaker if not equipped (not to mention very difficult to retrofit), so I have to put up with the additional cost have 2LT or better. A waste of money, but that's the way it is.

Last edited by Kent1999; 06-07-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:09 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VaydorVette1
Lawrence1, I'm on the same path right now.
I'm using Autotempest.com to track the market.

I agree with your observation about the used prices being just shy of the new prices.
Suddenly last week there was a dealer in PA that seemed to have gotten a boat load of 2019 GS's and priced 'em just over the mean Used price. Makes it kooky not buy New.

Almost all of the used Grandsports I've seen on the market have had LOW low miles on 'em (like 1K - 7K).. I'm waiting to see sales of these cars with ~20K.
Like this one on VROOM. It's the first one I've seen w/20K after watching the market for a few months now.

Also keep an eye out for the new-old 2017's still sitting on dealer lots.. those gotta go by the end of the year/early next year.
can you share which OH dealer you're referring to?
Old 06-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

agreed. As i stated above, the 2LT features are not important enough to me to spend the extra money. I do have many of those gadgets in my other cars and i honestly rarely use them. The stereo is fine in the 1LT i listened to. The HUD would be nice to have but it's not a must but it's not a must have.

As for cars.com, there is not a lot of inventory remaining in the spec that i'm looking for. I also do not want yellow, silver or the rose/burgundy color. There are a lot of Automatic cars out there but 7MTs are few and far in between. The discounts for a 2017 and 2018 are $2K or less cheaper than a ordered 2019 that i can get drop shipped (courtesy delivery) to a nearby dealer for around $500. The few cars I found are all 2000+ miles away and would cost at least $1500-$2000 to ship to NorCal. The ones I inquired on did not want to budge further on the price, even though these cars have been in inventory for 440 to 600+ days. One dealer had one closer and it was what i was looking for but they do not deal with out of state buyers as they've had too many issues in the past. They also want the same money for the car (2018) as you can get a 2019 for. You have to wonder how they expect to move these, as I assume at some point they'll want to sell them. One dealer told me that my offer was below invoice ... on a 2017, as if it was unheard of to pay less than invoice on a 2 year old leftover car.

It looks like incentives will not be as prevalent this year either so as of right now i am inclined to just order a new one. It's a bummer that WGG can no longer be ordered.
Lawrence, I went from a 3LT C6 to a 1LT C7 for reasons different from the obvious. I thought losing the HUD would be devastating, but it just didn't matter in the end. I've been quite happy with my (Lowly) 1LT, and don't think I'll ever order anything else in the future. Good luck in finding the right car for you.
Kevin A Jones (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 08:38 PM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 154 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Well I'm in Northern CA so the weather is not much of a factor fortunately. I spoke with Tommy Jr. today and he was saying he isn't aware of anything coming down the pipeline in the near future from GM as far as additional incentives. I'll probably end up going with them and just ordering one as it seems like the best way to go.

Some people are saying to wait until the fall as that's when GM starts coming out with their heavier incentives. I admit i would love to get a few additional % points off to sweeten the deal a bit.
Get over to Abel chevy right away!

I ordered from Kerbeck last time but will definitely order my next one from Abel. There service department is the best around.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Dave Hrejsa
Instructor

Received 198 Likes on 40 Posts

Hello,

i'm new to the C7 section but i've owned and sold my C5 FRC here many years ago.

Looking to get into a new or leftover 208 or 2019 1LT 7MT Grand Sport coupe. The prices on the used ones don't seem to incentivize going that route as apparently new ones can be had for the same money or only $3-$5K more (comparing 1LT to 1LT to keep it apples to apples).

I looked at MacMulkin, Criswell and some of the other supporting mega dealers and they seem to be very comparable when it comes to pricing.

This would be my first new car, and obviously my first new Corvette, although i've owned close to 40 cars since i've started driving 20 years ago.

Any pointers from those of you who've been through the process on when the best time of the year is to buy one? Also, what is a good number (% off MSRP) to shoot for? I've seen discounts of 15-18% mentioned here before but is that realistic anymore? I'm not seeing that advertised anywhere now.

Currently the best discounts i'm finding are about 12.5% off MSRP.

I am not in a hurry to buy as i have 2 other cars to drive so if i need to wait until the fall to save a few grand, that's OK with me. I would be ok with taking an in-stock car if it meets my needs and i'm not picky on color (would like to avoid silver, crystal red and white).

Appreciate your input and looking forward to joining the C7 family.

I was in a similar position to you last year, looking for a 2017 Grand Sport manual 1LT. I ended up getting a 2LT in May of 2017 and am really glad I did. I would think it would be very tough to find much in the way of left over 2018 cars since the 2018 model year was so short and 2019 models came out much earlier than normal. My understanding is that the 2019 model year will run the normal time frame which would mean they would run all the way to next May. If you can find a reasonable deal - get the car and enjoy driving it. After you own it for a few months you won't care if you paid a few hundred or $1000 more - you will be enjoying the car!

Quick Reply: Looking to buy new/leftover coupe 1LT GS with the 7MT