Sponsored by:

Auto

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
My wife and I are taking early retirement in 4 years time and our plan is to spend our winters in Florida every year. The Corvette is going to be the car we take with us down there and so that's another big reason why I like the MPG that it gets.

That's also the reason I chose automatic on this one, so my wife could drive the Corvette as well, as there will probably be times on the trip down there where she'll do some driving duties, and plus once we're down there if she wants to pop out to the store for something she can do that too.

If I had a huge budget, I'd have a ZR1 with a manual trans and keep my current car for long trips. There are a lot of things about manual trans cars that I like and same with auto. It'll be a sad day in the future when Corvette owners no longer have a choice and are forced to only have automatic though.
Pat. I enjoy the A8 in my C7, and even more on long trips when you get into that inevitable traffic jam. I have an old 100K mile '06 Mustang GT with a manual that I use for daily duties, so I get my fun driving a manual with that car.
The following users liked this post:
Patman (06-10-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 01:38 PM
jimmbbo
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
I'm still pretty impressed with the mileage my A8 gets,
DIC Trip info at the end of a recent 1200 mile trip from CA to CO via Utah and the Rockies in my '17 C7 M7 Stingray...
The following users liked this post:
Patman (06-10-2018)

Quick Reply: Auto