Lightweight cotton / flannel INDOOR Dust Cover - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Lightweight cotton / flannel INDOOR Dust Cover

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight cotton / flannel INDOOR Dust Cover

Old 06-15-2018, 12:26 AM
jimmie jam
CF Senior Member

I have been looking for a loose fitting custom cotton dust cover forever. Had one years ago for my 78 and 79's. I think that it came from Ecklers. I have a wolf out door cover from my C6 that fits but it is just to heavy for a " dust cover" so I am just using sheets. FWIW...

Last edited by jimmie jam; 06-15-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:53 PM
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Strake View Post
I'm having a hard time finding an INEXPENSIVE, lightweight cotton/flannel dust cover for our GS.

I already have a high quality outdoor, heavier duty CoverCraft Evolution for use on road trips, but I want a LOOSE fitting, NON STRETCH dust cover to use in the garage.

In yesteryear, I used to have a "California Car Cover" I used on StreetRods that was just like what I want, but I can't seem to find anything that sounds like that anywhere.

Anyone know of something, besides sewing some bed sheets together? It can be a "generic" type cover, not specific for the Vette.

Thanks,
Go to the largest fabric store you can find and they have super soft cotton flannel
120 inches wide on a 50ft roll just buy about 19 ft. About 25 dollars or so works perfect to keep the dust off in the garage. I have a couple of them . But when I sell a car they want the cover too . So I get another one. Plus you can wash it in the wash machine.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Z06ZR1 For This Useful Post:
ONEBADZ (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Kevin A Jones
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,027 Times in 604 Posts

I use a gray flannel bed sheet to just cover the passenger compartment when top is down in the garage. Fast and easy and help keeps the interior dust free.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:41 PM
CptCvMan
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Go to the largest fabric store you can find and they have super soft cotton flannel
120 inches wide on a 50ft roll just buy about 19 ft. About 25 dollars or so works perfect to keep the dust off in the garage. I have a couple of them . But when I sell a car they want the cover too . So I get another one. Plus you can wash it in the wash machine.
How far down the sides does it hang?