Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight cotton / flannel INDOOR Dust Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 12:26 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 544 Likes on 332 Posts

I have been looking for a loose fitting custom cotton dust cover forever. Had one years ago for my 78 and 79's. I think that it came from Ecklers. I have a wolf out door cover from my C6 that fits but it is just to heavy for a " dust cover" so I am just using sheets. FWIW...

Last edited by jimmie jam; 06-15-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:53 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Strake
I'm having a hard time finding an INEXPENSIVE, lightweight cotton/flannel dust cover for our GS.

I already have a high quality outdoor, heavier duty CoverCraft Evolution for use on road trips, but I want a LOOSE fitting, NON STRETCH dust cover to use in the garage.

In yesteryear, I used to have a "California Car Cover" I used on StreetRods that was just like what I want, but I can't seem to find anything that sounds like that anywhere.

Anyone know of something, besides sewing some bed sheets together? It can be a "generic" type cover, not specific for the Vette.

Thanks,
Go to the largest fabric store you can find and they have super soft cotton flannel
120 inches wide on a 50ft roll just buy about 19 ft. About 25 dollars or so works perfect to keep the dust off in the garage. I have a couple of them . But when I sell a car they want the cover too . So I get another one. Plus you can wash it in the wash machine.
The following users liked this post:
ONEBADZ (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,596 Likes on 5,559 Posts

I use a gray flannel bed sheet to just cover the passenger compartment when top is down in the garage. Fast and easy and help keeps the interior dust free.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:41 PM
CptCvMan
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Go to the largest fabric store you can find and they have super soft cotton flannel
120 inches wide on a 50ft roll just buy about 19 ft. About 25 dollars or so works perfect to keep the dust off in the garage. I have a couple of them . But when I sell a car they want the cover too . So I get another one. Plus you can wash it in the wash machine.
How far down the sides does it hang?
Old 04-29-2021, 12:04 PM
Chevy-SS
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I know, I know, this is an old thread.... BUT ... I have same issue as OP. I am looking for a super-lightweight indoor dust cover with NO stretch, basically I want a 'drape' style cover. I had one, and it worked wonderfully for years, but it literally just fell apart from old age. Has anyone found a basic, simple drape style dust cover... anywhere? You'd think they would be popular for indoor storage, I don't understand why so hard to find.

Last edited by Chevy-SS; 04-29-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:14 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 544 Likes on 332 Posts

[QUOTE=Chevy-SS;1603378274]I know, I know, this is an old thread.... BUT ... I have same issue as OP. I am looking for a super-lightweight indoor dust cover with NO stretch, basically I want a 'drape' style cover. I had one, and it worked wonderfully for years, but it literally just fell apart from old age. Has anyone found a basic, simple drape style dust cover... anywhere? You'd think they would be popular for indoor storage, I don't understand why so hard to find.[/QUOTE

Been looking for years...just a plain, light cotton fitted cover that I used on my C3's for years. Used to buy them at Ecklers...

Quick Reply: Lightweight cotton / flannel INDOOR Dust Cover