C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum Family Help ?! Please Dealer Damaged my Akrapovic Exhaust !

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 12:17 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Arnold,
Hope all turns out in your favor...... but please, remove the Porsche license frame!
The following users liked this post:
vdavenp802 (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:24 AM
zergi06
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

You took it to a car wash??? What????? Never take a corvette to one of those automated scratch machines.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:13 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ArnoldZO6

these are pictures of the day after the exhaust was installed and never removed until the dealer touched it. I know for a FACT that my exhaust was in 10/10 perfect condition beforehand. I do know the tips are separate but are not sold separately. I have searched all over the web and have contacted akrapovic about the situation. If it was a simple 1000$ exhaust I would replace it and avoid conflict since the advisor has been nothing but good to me, but that is not the case. I shouldn’t have the short end up the stick due to some negligence of a tech who doesn’t care about the parts he is R/I to complete the job.
That's too bad Akrapovic doesn't sell replacement tips. Pretty poor support for a so called premium product. Definitely off my buy list, that''s for sure.

Last edited by DWillys; 06-16-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:02 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Wait till Monday, you may be surprised by your dealer. Is it just 1 tip or all of them? From the pics it looks like just one tip. I have fixed a bunch of carbon fiber and it really isn’t that hard to do. Good luck!
Old 06-16-2018, 04:56 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack

I do not see this as worshiping a car, but more of expecting a dealership to take care of a customer's car that is in their possession. I'd be upset too if damage was done to my car. But without positive proof (i.e., pics or a written statement on the R/O that no damage was noted before repairs), it may be hard to get the dealer to accept responsibility. I really hope things work out for you on this.
Originally Posted by John Ulrich
Arnold,
Hope all turns out in your favor...... but please, remove the Porsche license frame!
Originally Posted by zergi06
You took it to a car wash??? What????? Never take a corvette to one of those automated scratch machines.
Originally Posted by chefcg1
Wait till Monday, you may be surprised by your dealer. Is it just 1 tip or all of them? From the pics it looks like just one tip. I have fixed a bunch of carbon fiber and it really isn’t that hard to do. Good luck!
the advisor does know how well I keep my vehicle and there was no damages noted when I dropped off the vehicle because it was in perfect condition. I do have that frame off as I purchased it from a Porsche dealer, and never a car wash . Hand wash only where I usually do it myself but it was just so filthy from the time sitting at the dealer
Old 06-16-2018, 05:46 PM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

This appears to me as normal wear. I see no real 'damage'
Old 06-16-2018, 05:51 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Best of luck OP. Keep us posted!
Old 06-16-2018, 05:57 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I would have went ape ****. Especially for the price of those.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:02 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by cyi1
I would have went ape ****. Especially for the price of those.
lol I did go ape **** on them with my eyes almost bulging out of my face. It’s not a random exhaust for me to replace for $1000 and avoid conflict, that’s a big chunk of cash...
Old 06-16-2018, 08:19 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts

I try to inspect my car every time I pick it up from the dealer, for this exact reason. If it's dirty like you said, that can be tough to do. Recently the dealer lost my jacking pucks. I am quite certain they took them out to use their own pucks and never put them back in. This dealer is the only location that has ever jacked this car up except for myself. I find it highly unlikely anybody would crawl under my car and steal these pucks in any other circumstance. As others stated, I was a bit SOL in proving it and had to buy new ones unfortunately. A bit difference in price of what we are talking about here, obviously.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:20 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vdavenp802
This appears to me as normal wear. I see no real 'damage'
Are you kidding me? There is no wear and tear on exhaust tips except maybe getting dirty/darker over time from the smog. They don't chip under normal use.
ArnoldZO6 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 08:23 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
Arnold,
Didn't notice that at first... wow. Just lost a lot of sympathy. That is sacrilegious
Old 06-16-2018, 08:36 PM
Mister Big
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 198 Posts

The service tech working on your car was probably careless finishing the job because he had a couple of Sparks to get out of the shop before the end of the day.
ArnoldZO6 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 08:45 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

idk man. i can't wait to hear what they come back with. like others have said keep the $5k thing to yourself when dealing with them..

Did you mention that there's a really REALLY expensive exhaust on the car to please be careful with it when they remove it to work on the trans? If you didn't? whatever tech probably saw no harm standing it up against the wall so nobody tripped over it and it didn't take up a lot of space...

I really hope they do the right thing but i have a feeling they aren't going to make you whole and you're gonna end up in a compromise...
ArnoldZO6 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 09:14 PM
gavinvr4
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

is going to be a battle against the dealer to be responsible for the damage unless you have pictures to proof.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:34 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

thanks all for the info, i will keep you posted forum fam!... spoke to a company who may be able to sell just the 4x exhaust tips to save whoever is going to be paying for this alot of money... hopefully the dealership takes fault of their mistake to be honest and true and resolve this issue.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:35 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by gavinvr4
is going to be a battle against the dealer to be responsible for the damage unless you have pictures to proof.
i have posted some pictures of the tips beforehand with no damage when i had installed it.

Get notified of new replies

To Forum Family Help ?! Please Dealer Damaged my Akrapovic Exhaust !

Old 06-18-2018, 09:53 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Default Update on situation *

So the dealership Community Chevrolet of Burbank, CA is now saying that my exhaust system was like that and it is probably from the heat that it has been “chipped” when clearly it wasn’t that way before. Also there is scuffs and it is not smooth as if it was from heat. Apparently Akrapovic is cheap quality and chips in 10k miles from what their manager has to say. They refuse to accept the fact that they messed up. On the other note, my vehicle has a exhaust leak I’m guessing from x-pipe to axleback and is still making a clicking noise from the wheels which they said “unable to hear”. After arguing with this Service Manager of theirs as he smirks and tells me oh our cameras are “48hr” which makes me wonder why they left it and had me wait until Monday, when I was told he was out for vacation, he tells me I was here Thursday Friday... long story short, he refused to service my vehicle today for the exhaust leak(which they left loose) and the clicking noise which they clearly heard on the last service and said “was able to make noise less” return if heard again. He said,” I will not service your vehicle, it is a liability, get out of here and go find a different dealership”. To fix their mistakes. BEWARE of this dealer !
Old 06-19-2018, 07:31 AM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

I just went to their website and they have FIVE 2017 Corvettes for sale ranging from $16,000 to $20,000 off MSRP.......just saying.

I can't see how they still have five Corvettes that are 3 years old left on their lot
Old 06-19-2018, 08:48 AM
FCento
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would get them repaired too! I've had several cf pieces repaired on my sportbikes including a akro exhaust! They get beat up at the track. If it's done right, you'll never see it! GL

Quick Reply: Forum Family Help ?! Please Dealer Damaged my Akrapovic Exhaust !