Old 06-19-2018, 11:45 AM
EASonBASS
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by rsvette12
Glad you like it - loving mine

Great holder for it here 9$ no brainer

https://www.sandyeggodesigns.com/pro...esse-tc-mount/

By the way sorry numbers are not changing when accelerating on Vitesse to an "R" - its an "A" must stand for acceleration
On order. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
rsvette12 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 12:32 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by EASonBASS
I just recently installed. Very much like the "improvement" to throttle response and how I can adjust to taste. Going slow in the 'hood or in heavy SoCA traffic SP1 works well. And, I can dial it up to 4 or 5 when on unimpeded roads.

Here's something that may help some of you struggling to "get it". When I'd drive my other daily drive, a Range Roller Sport Supercharged I'd be way over modulating the accelerator as I had this muscle memory of needing to press in more from driving the Vette. With the Vitesse on SP4, the Vette pedal modulation feels similar the RR and I can transition between the 2 without giving my wife whiplash.

Also, I think this would be the perfect mount. Can some of you clever CF folks come up with a way to make this work? Bonus if it could close.

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by EASonBASS

On order. Thanks
Welcome
Old 06-19-2018, 12:42 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by Carvin
See post 106
How the hell are you blipping the throttle on a downshift in an automatic? Yes, the A6 does have a lag, but that's a transmission issue, not the throttle.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:54 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Foosh
How the hell are you blipping the throttle on a downshift in an automatic? Yes, the A6 does have a lag, but that's a transmission issue, not the throttle.
What is blipping Foosh

Also my car is shifting on down shift much smoother since adding Vitesse
upshift was never a problem - throttle can transmission IMO if they are not synced properly you may have hard down shift or upshift

Thanks
Old 06-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

See post 108.

"Blipping" the throttle is done to rev-match when downshifting a manual transmission, and of course the M7 has auto-rev-match that can be turned on and off. Poster referred to learning how to blip the throttle on a downshift, and to me that means you're driving a manual.

Then he said he had an A6 in post 106. You can't do that in an automatic.
rsvette12 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Ah thanks Buddy
Old 06-19-2018, 04:39 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Mine arrived today and I will get it installed on Friday when I have the day off and a chance to play with this thing. Found this video about installation that pretty much shows it all.

rsvette12 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 06:26 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,605 Likes on 6,618 Posts

^^

Good video. But it does not show where to mount the Control. You can mount the Remote Control where you would like but an easy place to put the Control is tucked in behind the carpet.

That is what I did BUT Vitesse saw my post and said DON"T! Could cause overheating, tie to a wire bundle under the dash. I did BUT be careful to NOT attach in such a way that it pulls on the two connectors. They are not very robust and could pull out. My first attempt!

I then used a plastic wire tie and attached a large stiff "O" Ring to the controller. They used a plastic wire tie to attach the "O" Ring to a heavy wire bundle above the pedal under the dash. Has worked for a year. A little practice and you can do with one hand! You'll see why!

Last edited by JerryU; 06-19-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:40 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^

Good video. But it does not show where to mount the Control. You can mount the Remote Control where you would like but an easy place to put the Control is tucked in behind the carpet.

That is what I did BUT Vitesse saw my post and said DON"T! Could cause overheating, tie to a wire bundle under the dash. I did BUT be careful to NOT attach in such a way that it pulls on the two connectors. They are not very robust and could pull out. My first attempt!

I then used a plastic wire tie and attached a large stiff "O" Ring to the controller. They used a plastic wire tie to attach the "O" Ring to a heavy wire bundle above the pedal under the dash. Has worked for a year. A little practice and you can do with one hand! You'll see why!
You are a wealth of information Jerry whats wrong with pulling out wires you didnt mean to lol - you rock
Old 06-19-2018, 07:11 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

^^

Overheating? This is the first I've heard of that.

For those who have this unit, does it generate heat, and if so, how much? I intended to mount the remote dial control unit in the console between the seats where I have access to it.

Any problem with this location?
Old 06-19-2018, 07:21 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Overheating - interesting - I thought they meant the controller with **** - not the black box - I will move it under dash this weekend - heating is probably only in the winter maybe if your using your heater anyway I will feel it lol tomorrow after I get home from work to see if it does get hot - good info guys

Placing in console should be fine - but actually it does get hot in there - so I would just get a holder from link above and be done with it

Last edited by rsvette12; 06-19-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:43 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mcrider
Overheating? This is the first I've heard of that.

For those who have this unit, does it generate heat, and if so, how much? I intended to mount the remote dial control unit in the console between the seats where I have access to it.

Any problem with this location?
Overheating - interesting - I thought they meant the controller with **** - not the black box - I will move it under dash this weekend - heating is probably only in the winter maybe if your using your heater anyway I will feel it lol tomorrow after I get home from work to see if it does get hot - good info guys

Placing in console should be fine - but actually it does get hot in there - so I would just get a holder from link above and be done with it
The remote doesn't get hot but putting the control behind the carpet is easy as the wires come out from behind the carpet. But that location is next to the firewall and yes in the winter the heater would add to whatever heat it generates and the firewall.

I had read something about heat so left a bit exposed above the carpet. But as I said, Vitesse saw my post I made with a pic responding to a forum member and he posted the suggestion to put under the dash fastened to a wire bundle. So I did.

Last edited by JerryU; 06-19-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:56 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

The remote doesn't get hot but putting the control behind the carpet is easy as the wires come out from behind the carpet. But that location is next to the firewall and yes in the winter the heater would add to whatever heat it generates and the firewall.

I had read something about heat so left a bit exposed above the carpet. But as I said, Vitesse saw my post I made with a pic responding to a forum member and he posted the suggestion to put under the dash fastened to a wire bundle. So I did.
Thanks Jerry will sleep better if I get it back out of carpet - do you think its ok in summer - I can move it tomorrow night after work but thought I ask
Old 06-19-2018, 10:21 PM
Skidplate
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 122 Posts

Ordered up - on its way.
The following 2 users liked this post by Skidplate:
rsvette12 (06-19-2018), Wgg2017 (06-20-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 10:37 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Jerry will sleep better if I get it back out of carpet - do you think its ok in summer - I can move it tomorrow night after work but thought I ask
Well I'm blowing lots of cold air with 100F here this week! Be interested to see what you feel after driving!

One note, it's a bit hard to reach under the dash with two hands. In fact I'd say not possible even though I do 10 minutes of stretching before exercising every day! I used one hand to insert the tail of a plastic wire tie and pull it tight. Had done a lot of that when I wired my Street Rod! Not hard just need to practice.

I used long wire ties than pulled the tail to get it tired to a wire bundle under the dash. Then clipped the tail with side cutters. This is a pic of the "O" ring I attached to the controller to keep all strain off of the wires and plugs.

Attached Heavy Duty "O" Ring to Controller and Looped Plastic Tie Through "O" Ring and Wire Bundle Under Dash

Last edited by JerryU; 06-19-2018 at 10:39 PM.
rsvette12 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 11:05 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Very nice Jerry I have o-rings and wire tires I will have at this tomorrow night - yes it is a bit of a pain getting under without wiping out ground effects thanks much
Old 06-19-2018, 11:27 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Oh Jerry I have black wire ties they work better lol
JerryU (06-19-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse = WOW

Old 06-20-2018, 05:48 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 868 Likes on 433 Posts

Put mine inside the back ledge of the steering column.
As far back to the firewall as I could is the best way to describe it..
Felt around, plenty of space, set it in with the other wires & stuff in there..
Hasn't moved...

Control box is in same location as post # 119/122
Old 06-20-2018, 09:17 AM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

^^

You'll see why!
Yup Jerry got to work and box is warm have to move it tonight for sure - thanks for heads up

Have you ever had to re set unit periodically ? seems a little off after stopping at a store last night - think I will reset it at later today
Old 06-20-2018, 09:35 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Yup Jerry got to work and box is warm have to move it tonight for sure - thanks for heads up

Have you ever had to re set unit periodically ? seems a little off after stopping at a store last night - think I will reset it at later today
Thanks for the input! Did not want to lay down on the sill and reach up under the dash! Sounds like Vitesse knows what's he's talking about! As you would expect!

I have not recalibrated since installing it after the plug pulled out! Easy enough to do. Might record that high and low number to see if it changes. It's the resistance or relative resistance with the pedal fully depressed and not.

Just practice that one hand install of a plastic tie and you'll be fine!
rsvette12 (06-20-2018)

Quick Reply: Vitesse = WOW