Sponsored by:

Vitesse = WOW

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 11:20 AM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by theplatinumog
I don't get it. WOT is WOT. It doesn't make the car any faster, does it?
Not questioning your opinion, until you try one its hard for someone to make a good decision on it, to each his own best mod so far imo until I get a supercharger nice upgrade for the money
Old 06-16-2018, 11:20 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

No, as I note in post #13. Max pedal in max throttle body opening at all settings. It just eliminates the "old man" slow tip-in many manufacturers use.

Funny Tip-In Story

Youngest Granddaughter was a Freshman in college this year, inherited her older sisters SUV with a "hemi." She mentioned that when she drivers her car it seems much faster that when she drivers one of her parents cars.

I made a sketch of a hemi combustion chamber and like many form members when I go into tech details their eyes rolled! Thought nothing more of it but when we were visiting I had to take her car to the dealer to be serviced. The throttle was so sensitive I was having trouble controlling my take-off. Turns out the dealer said, yep we have had problems with the throttle actuator!

Last edited by JerryU; 06-16-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:23 AM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

No doesnt make car faster full throttle its the response from a dead stop and as you are rolling along the response is instant thats whats great to me - turn it back off and you think what the hell is going on

Last edited by rsvette12; 06-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:24 AM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

You can lead a horse to water Jerry
The following users liked this post:
JerryU (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 11:41 AM
fugly1
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by rsvette12
Your car manual ? may be different than in an automatic

Aha. Yes, M7 here. I assume yours is auto.

Been meaning to call vitesse about the lurching. I called the guy before about installment (on a Saturday, as I recall), and he was great.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:45 AM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 154 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

I guess I just don't get it. My car is in track 100% of the time.

Can't you just press the gas pedal down another half inch?

Originally Posted by rb185afm
I have mine set at 5. I’ve found more advanced induced oversteer to quick on the track.
Rob, can you explain to me exactly what is happening with this thing? I looked at the graphics but still don't get it.

Let me try yours sometime? What is the advantage? Feels faster in a parking lot?

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 06-17-2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 06-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
No, as I note in post #13. Max pedal in max throttle body opening at all settings. It just eliminates the "old man" slow tip-in many manufacturers use.

Funny Tip-In Story

Youngest Granddaughter was a Freshman in college this year, inherited her older sisters SUV with a "hemi." She mentioned that when she drivers her car it seems much faster that when she drivers one of her parents cars.

I made a sketch of a hemi combustion chamber and like many form members when I go into tech details their eyes rolled! Thought nothing more of it but when we were visiting I had to take her car to the dealer to be serviced. The throttle was so sensitive I was having trouble controlling my take-off. Turns out the dealer said, yep we have had problems with the throttle actuator!
Correct. All Vitesse does is make you press less to get more throttle opening, but WOT is the same whether Vitesse-equipped or not. As I said, it's purely a difference in feel, and if you like a more sensitive throttle with minimal foot movement by all means buy one.

To those who feel like they were "pulling a trailer" pre-Vitesse, you weren't pressing hard enough. I've driven a car with one, and I can see how it fools some folks into thinking they have more throttle. They don't.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-16-2018 at 12:00 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Foosh:
ImpliedConsent (06-18-2018), NSC5 (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 11:58 AM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by fugly1
Aha. Yes, M7 here. I assume yours is auto.

Been meaning to call vitesse about the lurching. I called the guy before about installment (on a Saturday, as I recall), and he was great.
Yes auto here
Old 06-16-2018, 11:59 AM
65fastback
Burning Brakes

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Wondering if anyone has tried a 0-60 timer with and with out one of these? My guess would be 0 difference

Anyone?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:10 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Your guess would be correct, all other things being equal.

That's a tough thing to accurately test though, because almost never are all other things equal between runs. The difference could have been driver RT, tire or pavement temp, engine temp, atmospheric temp, DA, wind direction, and any number of other variables.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-16-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:17 PM
65fastback
Burning Brakes

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Your guess would be correct, all other things being equal.

That's a tough thing to accurately test though, because rarely are all other things equal between runs. The difference could have been driver RT, tire or pavement temp, engine temp, atmospheric temp, DA, wind direction, and any number of other variables.

Totally!
Only way to get a somewhat accurate answer is multiple hits at the drag strip / same day / good DR tires NOT oem. ect ect...
Old 06-16-2018, 12:20 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

I guess I just don't get it. My car is in track 100% of the time.

Can't you just press the gas pedal down another half inch?
Rob, can you explain to me exactly what is happening with this thing? I looked at the graphics but still don't get it.

Let me try yours sometime? What is the advantage? Feels faster in a parking lot?
Guess some of us just like graphs! If you are in Track all the time and Not in wet Track you have the fastest the OEM offers. My observation that is 25% pedal = 25% throttle opening. That is where I set my Vitesse at 4 or 5. Driving in Track Mode with MRC rattlesyour teeth for normal driving. If you don’t have MRC, ride is a none issue.

Set at what I call “Boy Racer,”. A 25% pedal=50% throttle opening.

Whatever floats you boat.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:30 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

My racing days are over but what I find is the driver experience that this product provides - way more enjoyable to hit the gas and get instant feedback - try it nothing to loose - 30 day return policy but you wont be returning it
Speedfreaq (08-02-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:32 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Most folks can modulate the throttle better to avoid losing grip with the OEM settings. However, if losing grip and burning rubber is your thing, you do have to press harder without Vitesse.

I've always been one of those "if your wheels are spinning, you're not going fast" folks.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:42 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 65fastback
Totally!
Only way to get a somewhat accurate answer is multiple hits at the drag strip / same day / good DR tires NOT oem. ect ect...
You're making an assumption that throttle opening = transient air flow at the start! Transient flow is something I measure all the time (not in a car!) Not the way it works! The transient air velocity through the throttle body takes a finite time to develop.

The intake manifold vaccum (LT1) in essence sends a signal to the other side of the throttle body (at atmospheric pressure) to "say" it's lower! That pressure wave can only travel at the speed of sound! Same reason you see lightening before you hear thunder! Recall when going over "coked flow" (which Bernoulli would understand in the 1700's) I could not comprehend why a lower downstream pressure through an opening would not be a factor in controlling flow. Remember the Prof saying, "It would if it knew the pressure was lower but that signal can only travel at the speed of sound!" Not scientific but sticks in my mind! Suggest you google "coked flow."

Took the pic below from an SAE paper that discussions transient starting flow through a throttle body. It probably makes no difference in the milliseconds we're talking about in throttle response.

In addition the C7 be it Base or GS is traction limited off the line. Not sure that extra very short time would be useful IF it exists!

In addition, the errors in 0 to 60 time measurements IF you had identical conditions and a driver like Erica Enders would not allow a valid comparison, IMO!

Using this graph from the SAE Tech Paper on the subject of starting transient flow through a throttle body and putting in OEM and Vitesse opening rate would provide this kind of result, IMO. The inherent transient rate could be slower than the throttle opening.

Last edited by JerryU; 06-16-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:47 PM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 154 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Most folks can modulate the throttle better to avoid losing grip with the OEM settings. However, if losing grip and burning rubber is your thing, you do have to press harder without Vitesse.

I've always been one of those "if your wheels are spinning, you're not going fast" folks.
My z51 is sketchy enough rolling into it as-is. Obviously, I am talking about while being on the edge or maybe slightly beyond the grip threshold.

I am fighting over-steer rolling into it after turn in and even more so on corner exit. The last thing I want is there to be 1 more variable. Sounds like driving my other car, which is turbo charged to the moon with some noticeable lag. Sometimes I ask for 50% throttle and get 80% in that car.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

All Vitesse does is make you press less to get more throttle opening, but WOT is the same whether Vitesse-equipped or not. As I said, it's purely a difference in feel, and if you like a more sensitive throttle with minimal foot movement by all means buy one.

That is EXACTLY what this device is about, and the reason I ordered it. Best explanation yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse = WOW

Old 06-16-2018, 01:12 PM
SD_Dave
Dr. Dave
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 218 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by fugly1
I like it -- except when I am barely touching the accelerator, like in a parking lot, or alley, or heavy traffic. Then it lurches. Anybody else experience this?
Yeah, that's right. Especially with a manual trans.

The new VTC model has a **** on it so you can control the amount of sensitivity. You can even push the **** to set it less than stock. Great for your Z06 in the church parking lot!

You need to mount it where its easy to adjust. The best mount is from Sandyeggo Designs. Check their website.

I love the VTC in my car!
rsvette12 (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 01:30 PM
SD_Dave
Dr. Dave
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 218 Likes on 93 Posts

Correct. All Vitesse does is make you press less to get more throttle opening, but WOT is the same whether Vitesse-equipped or not. As I said, it's purely a difference in feel, and if you like a more sensitive throttle with minimal foot movement by all means buy one.

To those who feel like they were "pulling a trailer" pre-Vitesse, you weren't pressing hard enough. I've driven a car with one, and I can see how it fools some folks into thinking they have more throttle. They don't.
I don't believe its about "thinking they have more throttle". If they do, they're wrong. Its about having a more *sensitive* throttle.

I've used this kind of product on three Porsche cars and now my C7. I can say from personal experience using the VTC, that a more sensitive throttle is a satisfying feeling. And (for me) having it adjustable and mounted at my finger tips makes it a more engaging experience when I drive. Us sports car fighter pilots like lots of ***** and buttons.

Your mileage may vary...
Speedfreaq (08-02-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 05:00 PM
rb185afm
Drifting

Received 551 Likes on 327 Posts

Not faster at all. Just more responsive. Which is worth its weight in gold. Syncs the pedal to rear tire drive. Stock the system has lag that drives me crazy.

Last edited by rb185afm; 06-16-2018 at 05:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rb185afm:
rsvette12 (06-16-2018), Speedfreaq (08-02-2018)

Quick Reply: Vitesse = WOW