Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse = WOW

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 03:37 PM
65fastback
Burning Brakes

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Welp...i just ordered one. only one way to know if ill like it...Life is all about experiences!

My last car was a 2013 BMW M3 e92 these car's have something ( built into them ) i think might act similar to the vitesse. and i liked how that worked on the M3

The 5 drive modes in my base stingray M7 dont really do a whole lot, the only thing i can tell is going from "tour" to "sport" the shocks tighten up / dampen a bit and the steering gets slightly tighter and Thats about it. Not any difference from sport to track that i can tell.
Also i dont have the NPP exhaust so even thought i can change the exhaust in setting's it doesn't actually change sound since there are no valves opening and closing. The car sounds the same all the time. wish i had NPP

So really my car feels like it has only 2 settings "SOFT" and "LESS SOFT " Perhaps this vitesse thing will spice things up?!
The following users liked this post:
rsvette12 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 03:45 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by fugly1
I think the OEM tune/mapping is somewhat arbitrary, or at least it's not set to optimize the driving experience. My guess is that it's set to aid MPG ratings. Just a guess. In any event, it would be surprising if that setting turned out to be the preferred setting for a driver. That is, if the controller were installed on a car, I would be surprised if anyone's preferred setting would be 0 (OEM).
It may be a standard GM tip-in when in Touring Mode. If driving a big heavy car or a truck perhaps fine as it's acceleration is slow anyway. And just like skip shift is designed for the EPA mpg fixed cycle so might a slow tip-in!
Old 06-18-2018, 03:49 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by 65fastback
Welp...i just ordered one. only one way to know if ill like it...Life is all about experiences!

The 5 drive modes in my base stingray M7 dont really do a whole lot, the only thing i can tell is going from "tour" to "sport" the shocks tighten up / dampen a bit and the steering gets slightly tighter and Thats about it!
Thats what I am seeing before Vitesse - doesnt matter what drive mode I was in lag in all modes - now it wants to launch like it should - its a fun new different car - its day and night now - promise

Ok off to take it home now
Old 06-18-2018, 04:07 PM
SD_Dave
Dr. Dave
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 218 Likes on 93 Posts

...Perhaps this vitesse thing will spice things up?!
Oh, it will. Guaranteed.

Lets not forget that using the VTC combined with the car's mode settings gives you more options to get the feel you like.

Quick survey:
1. I like having options!
2. Nah, I like my options limited.

Duh...
rsvette12 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 04:15 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

My last car was a 2013 BMW M3 e92 these car's have something ( built into them ) i think might act similar to the vitesse. and i liked how that worked on the M3

The 5 drive modes in my base stingray M7 dont really do a whole lot, the only thing i can tell is going from "tour" to "sport" the shocks tighten up / dampen a bit and the steering gets slightly tighter and Thats about it. Not any difference from sport to track that i can tell.
Also i dont have the NPP exhaust so even thought i can change the exhaust in setting's it doesn't actually change sound since there are no valves opening and closing. The car sounds the same all the time. wish i had NPP

So really my car feels like it has only 2 settings "SOFT" and "LESS SOFT " Perhaps this vitesse thing will spice things up?!
You're right the E93 M3 did have a setting that did exactly the same thing. I didn't like the most sensitive setting, and kept it off in my 08. However, if you liked it, you'll probably like the Vitesse.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-18-2018 at 04:18 PM.
rsvette12 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 04:17 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by JerryU
It may be a standard GM tip-in when in Touring Mode. If driving a big heavy car or a truck perhaps fine as it's acceleration is slow anyway. And just like skip shift is designed for the EPA mpg fixed cycle so might a slow tip-in!
I think slow tip-in is for mileage but I also think it's dangerous. First time I needed to step on my 2008 A6 to merge there was this big lag!
I had crossed a large parking lot and the car had probably shifted itself into 5th.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

I don't think you can call any of the OEM settings either "slow tip in" or "dangerous" by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-18-2018 at 04:30 PM.
rsvette12 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by Foosh
I don't think you can call the OEM setting either "slow tip in" or "dangerous" by any stretch of the imagination.
I did learn how to blip the throttle to downshift but that first time I need it to go was an eye opener. I thought something was wrong with the car.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:31 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

I like gradual in the first half of throttle position.
It makes part throttle situations (where traction isn't perfect) easier to manage.
The flat out approach is cool and all, but lets face it here, you need quarter and half throttle solutions in most turns if you expect to put down a fast lap time.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:33 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Carvin
I did learn how to blip the throttle to downshift but that first time I need it to go was an eye opener. I thought something was wrong with the car.
That sounds more like being in the wrong gear as I take it you have an M7 given your throttle blipping comment. A Vitesse won't help you with that.

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
I like gradual in the first half of throttle position.
It makes part throttle situations (where traction isn't perfect) easier to manage.
The flat out approach is cool and all, but lets face it here, you need quarter and half throttle solutions in most turns if you expect to put down a fast lap time.
Or get a fast launch without burning rubber and losing time.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-18-2018 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Quote added due to intervening post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:06 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

That sounds more like being in the wrong gear as I take it you have an M7 given your throttle blipping comment. A Vitesse won't help you with that.
See post 106
Old 06-18-2018, 05:10 PM
65fastback
Burning Brakes

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

You're right the E93 M3 did have a setting that did exactly the same thing. I didn't like the most sensitive setting, and kept it off in my 08. However, if you liked it, you'll probably like the Vitesse.

I like having as much control over how a car sounds & responds to my input as possible, maybe the GS or Z cars are a bit more noticeable between drive modes? my base car not so much. I prolly should have held out for a z51.

Old 06-18-2018, 05:59 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

I think I am noticing better gas mileage and after doing a widebody conversion car felt heavier for sure not now feels light - great ride home in traffic lol guy I work with pulled up next to me and said man that thing looks like it wants launch - funny he said that - car is acting much more to my liking now - did I mention I hate Boston traffic lol
Old 06-18-2018, 06:19 PM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 154 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by JerryU
IF folks understand the GM proves 4 different Throttle Resppnse Rates so what you have is dependent on what Drive Mode you use.

If .
I am in track mode 100% of the time. Still worth while you think?

Does being in PTMdry in this case count as track mode? Can't remember what the ptm chart said about throttle.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:34 PM
driver9
Drifting

Received 109 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by theplatinumog
It's worth it to me. I have an M7 without MRC and I like Track mode a lot. The extra sensitivity of the throttle with Vitesse set to 9 (V9) makes the car a whole lot more fun. Sometimes I have to back off to Sport mode because I'm just not quite up to being on top of the car as much as it takes with Track and V9.

Because of all the ongoing advocacy of other-than-V9 in this thread, I just took my car for a ride and tried V0 and V5. It has been a long time since I bothered with anything but V9 and using V0 and V5 reminded me why.

Yes, you can get the same power out of the engine by pushing the pedal farther in V0 and V5 modes, but the sensitivity of the pedal in V9 is much more enjoyable. The extra pedal travel seems distracting, like it takes attention away from other activities like steering, braking and watching for hazards, etc.

For me. YMMV.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:42 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by theplatinumog

Does being in PTMdry in this case count as track mode? Can't remember what the ptm chart said about throttle.
Have not seen the Throttle response listed for PTMdry. Assume it would be like Track that from my experience is ~linear, i.e. 25% pedal = 25% throttle; 50% pedal = 50% throttle etc.

Would think that is fine for Tracking but as noted "driver 9" likes the max 9 setting. It is adjustable from = to OEM to very aggressive in 9 steps.

Last edited by JerryU; 06-18-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:49 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

I think each vette may like a certain setting - not one fits all

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse = WOW

Old 06-19-2018, 02:17 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

LOL, I forgot to mention I'm driving an M7, which never goes into V4 mode unless you select Economy mode.

Only time mine sees ECO is on a long boring interstate drive. Other wise I am in sport Some sections of interstate need sport, like I-40 though the smokey mountains, all curves
Old 06-19-2018, 02:50 AM
EASonBASS
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 259 Posts

I just recently installed. Very much like the "improvement" to throttle response and how I can adjust to taste. Going slow in the 'hood or in heavy SoCA traffic SP1 works well. And, I can dial it up to 4 or 5 when on unimpeded roads.

Here's something that may help some of you struggling to "get it". When I'd drive my other daily drive, a Range Roller Sport Supercharged I'd be way over modulating the accelerator as I had this muscle memory of needing to press in more from driving the Vette. With the Vitesse on SP4, the Vette pedal modulation feels similar the RR and I can transition between the 2 without giving my wife whiplash.

Also, I think this would be the perfect mount. Can some of you clever CF folks come up with a way to make this work? Bonus if it could close.

​​​​​​​
rsvette12 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 09:23 AM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Glad you like it - loving mine

Great holder for it here 9$ no brainer

https://www.sandyeggodesigns.com/pro...esse-tc-mount/

By the way sorry numbers are not changing when accelerating on Vitesse to an "R" - its an "A" must stand for acceleration

Quick Reply: Vitesse = WOW