C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a *good* experience with "ZL1addons.com"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 09:59 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,213 Likes on 3,457 Posts

YES.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:01 AM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Kent1999

Over a week ago, I ordered one of their C7 tools for my Stingray off their website. Since then, my order has always been in "getting ready to be shipped" status when I check it on their website. My email to them late last week has also gone unanswered.

Not going to react quite yet, but I'm going to request my CC company do a chargeback on that purchase if I don't hear from them soon, and was just wondering what kind of experience anyone else had with them.

UPDATE: As of 506pm 18jun2018 (within the last hour or so), my order status has changed from its week-old status of "getting ready to be shipped" to "label created". I now have a tracking number! Progress!

Thanks to all for sharing their experience!
Glad to hear it is working out. They make terrific stuff...I have a tow hook from them. I have some local car pals who know them and speak very highly of them.

Last edited by Bimota Guy; 06-19-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:41 AM
IRMB
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

All --thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully just a temporary glitch. I'll wait a bit longer and update on any progress.

I don't wish to smear anyone without cause, but a week without any update and unanswered email doesn't make me a happy customer, even if it is NOT a high-dollar order. Hope I'm wrong and have just been spoiled by most of the other good vendor experiences I've had with Corvette parts.
Never rely on email when you want a quick response. God invented phones for a reason.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:48 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by IRMB
Never rely on email when you want a quick response. God invented phones for a reason.
"Quick".. as in "a week without a single word or update"? I don't think I am being unreasonable.

I think the real lesson here is "don't provide email support links and then leave emails sent to them totally ignored" and "If you can't ship for over a week, at least let the customer know".

God invented the internet so I no longer HAVE to spend time on the phone waiting for information.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:52 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Yeah, you're absolutely right, but it's unacceptable.

Not in reference to the company in this thread, but as a general principle:

I hate when I find a company on the Internet who advertises on the Internet and that I'd never know about if it wasn't for the Internet, but they don't take paypal and if you email them, they tell you to phone.

I've got no problem with people who can't deal with credit cards and paypal and email. But they should stick to advertising in the newspaper.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:42 PM
IRMB
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

"Quick".. as in "a week without a single word or update"? I don't think I am being unreasonable.

I think the real lesson here is "don't provide email support links and then leave emails sent to them totally ignored" and "If you can't ship for over a week, at least let the customer know".

God invented the internet so I no longer HAVE to spend time on the phone waiting for information.
Al Gore invented the interwebs and he screwed it up so bad we needed to create junk folders, spam folders, anti-x software - all of which creates spirals and eddies in the datastreams that lead to lost emails. if you want immediate response you gotta either IM - which zladdons doesn't use - or pick up the phone.

I've seen literally dozens of these threads on the interwebs complaining this or that place hasn't answered emails. If you just want to complain - keep doing what you're doing. if you want a response, change what you're doing.

Last edited by IRMB; 06-19-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:11 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Al Gore invented the interwebs and he screwed it up so bad we needed to create junk folders, spam folders, anti-x software - all of which creates spirals and eddies in the datastreams that lead to lost emails. if you want immediate response you gotta either IM - which zladdons doesn't use - or pick up the phone.

I've seen literally dozens of these threads on the interwebs complaining this or that place hasn't answered emails. If you just want to complain - keep doing what you're doing. if you want a response, change what you're doing.
I guess I've lived a charmed life. By far, most of the vendors I have used for my Corvette parts have been reasonably responsive -- sure, not always immediate, but within 24 hours. In my opinion, that's good enough, as most of the time, I do not require an immediate answer.

My goal was not simply to vent my spleen about zl1addons -- that accomplishes nothing but stress and drama.
If the outcome warrants it, I'll warn fellow CF members about my experience (as I hope they will do too) and choose a different vendor next time. No problem.

Last edited by Kent1999; 06-19-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:16 PM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Received 895 Likes on 309 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by Bob Beroza
I purchased a set of Permanent Jack Pucks last year.
The arrived quickly and the product was exceptional.
Wasn't last year, but last month for me so Too!
Old 06-19-2018, 02:19 PM
EASonBASS
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 259 Posts

Good experience here as well with the pucks.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:29 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Always a possibility. Would have been nice to get some sort of response from them if that was indeed the case.
I'm a pretty patient guy if you let me know what is going on.
Your way more patient than I could ever be. In this digital age of the 21st century, if a business (especially being run out of a house) can't return an email or phone call isn't worth a **** IMO!

If you give someone a 2nd chance all your doing is giving them a 2nd chance to ram it up your *** again! Yes this is from years of experience.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:57 AM
dfettero
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 136 Posts
Default jacking pucks & tow hook

2 seperate orders over time jacking pucks and tow hook.
No issues.

Over a week ago, I ordered one of their C7 tools for my Stingray off their website. Since then, my order has always been in "getting ready to be shipped" status when I check it on their website. My email to them late last week has also gone unanswered.

Not going to react quite yet, but I'm going to request my CC company do a chargeback on that purchase if I don't hear from them soon, and was just wondering what kind of experience anyone else had with them.

UPDATE: As of 506pm 18jun2018 (within the last hour or so), my order status has changed from its week-old status of "getting ready to be shipped" to "label created". I now have a tracking number! Progress!

Thanks to all for sharing their experience!
Old 06-20-2018, 10:32 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Placed and order yesterday and it was acknowledged immediately.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a *good* experience with "ZL1addons.com"?