Looking for maintenance/repair shop in Phoenix area

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:51 PM
BrakeDust
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking for maintenance/repair shop in Phoenix area

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone in the Phoenix, AZ area can recommend a shop that can do (or specializes in) working on corvettes? I'm just looking for basic maintenance now. I recently tried to have a local Pep Boys perform a differential fluid flush which they said they could do and quoted 1 hour, but once they took a look at it they said they'd have to remove several parts such as the sway bar just to get at the differential and bumped that labor estimate to 5 hours! I'm hopeful to get all the maintenance done before the next track day in October. The car is a 2014 Stingray Z51.

I very much appreciate any suggestions you might have.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:00 PM
Harris
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Classic Gold, CPR and Bromleys are in Tempe and do good work
The following users liked this post:
BrakeDust (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 08:20 PM
JacksAO
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Harris
Classic Gold, CPR and Bromleys are in Tempe and do good work
I’ve used the first two and do recommend them. I have not used Bromleys but, I’ve never heard anything bad/negative about them.
BrakeDust (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 08:31 PM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

For a Corvette specialty shop, VetteCulture in Mesa has never done me wrong. For standard maintenance; brakes, oil changes and warranty work, I have been pleased with Freeway Chevrolet in Chandler.
BrakeDust (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 09:29 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

I live relatively close to VetteCulture in Mesa. I dropped by their location and they were closed with a sign that said "By Appointment Only". Appeared to be a reseller and a performance place. Not really sure. I have had an oil change at AutoNation Chevrolet In Mesa by their Corvette mechanic Paul. So my experience was limited. However, they seemed like good people. However, they have a policy against repairing tires. Had to take it to Discount Tire for that.

Last edited by SingleTrackMinded; 06-19-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:44 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Don't know what others above think of them, but couple places recommended in January were AZ Motorhead*, Kerry's Auto**, Xtreme Motorsports, Cordes Performance.

*recommended by HOXXOH for gen repair on Corvette. ** recommended by flyercatz77 for gen repair on Corvette.

Last edited by AORoads; 06-19-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:36 AM
AZav8r
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

What part of the Valley are you located BrakeDust?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:51 AM
Speeddog
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Service one you might not think of: North Scottsdale Auto Service (near Scottsdale airport).

Not a "corvette" shop but one that is a hub for care of all sorts of high end cars: Bentley, Ferrari, Porsche, Vette, whatever. They do pretty much whatever is needed though are NOT a performance/mod shop.

They've cared for my several generations of Zs and my wife's M4.

Really good folks

Originally Posted by BrakeDust
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone in the Phoenix, AZ area can recommend a shop that can do (or specializes in) working on corvettes? I'm just looking for basic maintenance now. I recently tried to have a local Pep Boys perform a differential fluid flush which they said they could do and quoted 1 hour, but once they took a look at it they said they'd have to remove several parts such as the sway bar just to get at the differential and bumped that labor estimate to 5 hours! I'm hopeful to get all the maintenance done before the next track day in October. The car is a 2014 Stingray Z51.

I very much appreciate any suggestions you might have.
SingleTrackMinded (06-21-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 08:39 PM
gooddog
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SingleTrackMinded
I live relatively close to VetteCulture in Mesa. I dropped by their location and they were closed with a sign that said "By Appointment Only". Appeared to be a reseller and a performance place. Not really sure. I have had an oil change at AutoNation Chevrolet In Mesa by their Corvette mechanic Paul. So my experience was limited. However, they seemed like good people. However, they have a policy against repairing tires. Had to take it to Discount Tire for that.
Not to change the subject, but which Discount did you use??
Old 06-20-2018, 09:01 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

I had Joe, owner of Cordes Performance change my Trans oil-filter, diff fluid. They work on C7's all day long so this was nothing out of their ordinary day vs even a GM dealership which might only see a C7 ...who knows when!
The following 2 users liked this post by John Ulrich:
BrakeDust (07-17-2018), SingleTrackMinded (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 11:39 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by gooddog
Not to change the subject, but which Discount did you use??
Power and McKellips
gooddog (06-22-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 04:53 PM
BrakeDust
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So here's an update. I ended up going to Classic Gold. They performed the M7 trans drain/fill (and also flushed the oil out of the cooler) as well as the differential. They used factory fluids and in the process upgraded the trans fluid to the new spec which if I recall was dexron 6 or something like that. The job was super easy for them and they had it done in just a few hours. Their price makes it IMO better than the cost/effort of the DIY as they only charged me $215 OTD. Gear shifting is definitely smoother after the flush.

For comparison here are the quotes from a couple other shops suggested in this thread:

North Scottsdale Auto Service: $478
Cordes Performance: $278 (this was my first choice, but they never had any availability)
Classic Gold: $215
Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

If you're in Scottsdale or Mesa- give a shout to AUTOMOBILE DETECTIVES on Saguaro in Fountain Hills. 11819 N Saguaro Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 Phone: (480) 586-4043

They've been taking car of our Corvettes and family cars for more than 10 years and were a great help on a C3 restoration a few years ago.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:31 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by BrakeDust
So here's an update. I ended up going to Classic Gold. They performed the M7 trans drain/fill (and also flushed the oil out of the cooler) as well as the differential. They used factory fluids and in the process upgraded the trans fluid to the new spec which if I recall was dexron 6 or something like that. The job was super easy for them and they had it done in just a few hours. Their price makes it IMO better than the cost/effort of the DIY as they only charged me $215 OTD. Gear shifting is definitely smoother after the flush.

For comparison here are the quotes from a couple other shops suggested in this thread:

North Scottsdale Auto Service: $478
Cordes Performance: $278 (this was my first choice, but they never had any availability)
Classic Gold: $215
sorry sir we are typically a week or two out on that job but sometimes we have sooner pockets.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for maintenance/repair shop in Phoenix area

Quick Reply: Looking for maintenance/repair shop in Phoenix area