Sponsored by:

Recommend Four Post Car Lift For Grand Sport Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 08:45 AM
C5_
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recommend Four Post Car Lift For Grand Sport Please

I need to locate a four post stacking car lift for a Grand Sport. I want to be sure that the extra width of the GS is not going to be a problem. My garage ceiling height is ten ft.
Would greatly appreciate any lift ideas or recommendations by company name and model number.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:35 AM
gbranham
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_
I need to locate a four post stacking car lift for a Grand Sport. I want to be sure that the extra width of the GS is not going to be a problem. My garage ceiling height is ten ft.
Would greatly appreciate any lift ideas or recommendations by company name and model number.
I had a Pro Park/Direct Lift 7 years ago to double stack a Factory Five Cobra and a daily driver. My ceilings were 11 feet, and it was close. You might consider high lifting your garage doors, so they hug the ceiliing, if you haven't already. 10 foot ceiling seems a bit short to double-stack, but it depends on the total height of both cars. Rule of thumb is to take the height of both cars, and add 7-10 inches, and if your total height is less than your ceiling, you'll probably be okay, assuming your garage doors hug the ceiling. Might have to back the top car onto the lift so the nose is under the garage door. I got my lift from derekweaver.com in Fort Worth. I live in KC, and it was shipped via freight to a local freight terminal, where I picked it up. It was probably 12 years ago that I bought it, but I paid somewhere around $2200 for it, and freight was like $2350. As far as assembly goes, it's not that hard. Suggest you have an engine hoist and chain handy to assemble. The ramp with the hydraulic ram under it is about 600 pounds, but the other pieces are easily handled by two people. Assembly took about 6 hours, but the second time (when I helped my neighbor assemble his) took just under 3 hours. You'll need a trailer to haul it home; it's about 15 feet long, and the shipping weight is like 1650 pounds.

Hope that helps,

Greg

Last edited by gbranham; 07-12-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Both garages I have installed my BendPak HD-9 (120" wide) in have had 10-ft. ceilings. In my current grarage, I had the door raised using track extensions to have the door hug the ceiling. I also used a Lift Master side-mount opener with battery backup to eliminate the interference.

Previous setup

Current setup

Old 07-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Jcrumpley
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second the bendpak HD9. The ramps should be set up on the wide setting as they can also be set up for narrow cars. The easy way to make it happen is to buy direct from Bendpak. They can also recommend a local delivery and install company. You may or may not need the longer aluminum ramps, depending on how low your car is in front.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:46 PM
proeagles
Melting Slicks

Received 2,156 Likes on 897 Posts

What Patches said in spades.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:50 PM
DD04C5
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts

Bend. PAC HD9

Get notified of new replies

To Recommend Four Post Car Lift For Grand Sport Please