Various Types of Fasteners, Clips, and Do Jobbies

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 07:47 AM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Various Types of Fasteners, Clips, and Do Jobbies

Hey Guys,

Looking to get educated on the types of clips, fasteners, and other dohickies that help keep the corvette’s bodywork, panels, and trim together. I need a few of the parts, and I’m not sure that you can just pick them up at your local autozone. Here are a few of the specific items I’m looking for.

1) The white christmas tree looking fasteners that connect the door trim to the bodywork? They have a circular recepticle that goes into the bodywork, and then the interior panel has the white tree part that’s inserted into the bodywork?

2) I need one of the red clips that allows the rear bumper to clip in place - there’s 6 in total - 3 on each side. They’re red and on the bigger side as far as clips go...I’d say about the size of a silver dollar. Each 3 are on the sides of the car and line up with the rear quarter panels.

3) The type of clip I think I need the most of are the receivers for the bolts for a lot of the trim work. Like on the underside of the bumper, they have a clip that goes over a metal tab w/ a hole through the center. The clip wraps around the tab like a “U”, and then you use one of the trim bolts to connect the bodywork through both the tab and “U” shaped threaded receiver.

4) Lastly, I think some of the ones that have the clip or zip tie on the opposite side of the ‘tree’ that’s inserted into holes in the bodywork. Typically used to cleanly route wires rather than secure anything.

I’d LOVE a kit that just has a couple of each clip/fastener type included in it that you could use as a backup. I’m always either punting them across the garage or gremlins seem to like them. Would also like to know the name of each type of clip just to educate myself.

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2018, 11:50 AM
RedTRex
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 78 Posts

Look here: clipsandfasteners.com
The following users liked this post:
SSTG (07-13-2018)

Quick Reply: Various Types of Fasteners, Clips, and Do Jobbies