C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy from Eastern PA, with questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 11:46 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by CalculatingInfinity
Hi All,

I've been lurking for some time, as I am getting my ducks in a row to purchase a 2017+ Z06 M7. I am currently in the process of privately selling my 2010 Camaro SS, but I am anxious to join the Corvette community. I have a couple of questions that I was hoping you could entertain to help me in my pursuit:
  1. I had been planning to purchase lightly used for budgetary reasons, but I've come across a new 2018 Z06 1LZ M7 that appears to be a solid deal and I'm fighting the urge to make a move on it. I had not planning on purchasing until Q1 2019 when I think the announcement of the mid-engine car is going to knock C7 prices down further. I've gotten the dealer down to $71k (MSRP is $82k) because he's sitting on a lot of inventory. Being that this is below dealer cost and the car is optioned pretty much exactly as I would build a new one, it is attractive, but it is at the top end of my budget. Should I stick with my original plan or jump on this opportunity?
  2. Do any of you have recommendations for a transporter that would deliver in PA, should I need one?
  3. Do any of you have recommendations for a detailer / installer for Xpel or Suntek in eastern PA?

Any other words of wisdom you might have for me would be greatly appreciated.....

Call Mike Furman at Criswell. He can take care of all of this for you.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by R50THC5
A friend acquired a new 2017 Z06 2lz msrp 102k for 69K..walk away and keep searching. Better deals to be had..
He must have held up the dealership with a gun for that deal. That's 33% off. There has to be a reason why a dealer would give that discount other than moving old inventory.
The following 2 users liked this post by Thunder22:
Kevin A Jones (07-15-2018), Null Pointer (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 11:49 AM
DPC57
Pro

Received 323 Likes on 141 Posts

I have noted all of the differences in the trim levels and the 1LZ suits me fine. It's not an issue of stretching the budget; it's just that the 2LZ doesn't offer anything that I would value at the increased cost, but I wouldn't be against it if I was presented with a good deal. Do the ventilated seats work well? I've heard a lot of people say they were underwhelmed by them..

I went for 2LZ when I went from a C6 to a C7 because of the front cameras. It makes parking so much simpler.

I have a "loaded" 2LZ; basically everything except the interior trim upgrades, though I do have the sueded seat inserts and steering wheel, which I really like.

With the nice weather we've been having n SEPA for the last few weeks I've been doing a lot of top off driving; the seat ventilation is immediately noticeable and worth it.

And if you're in eastern PA Criswell isn't that far away either and should be worth a look.
The following users liked this post:
Null Pointer (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 12:43 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Welcome to the forum (as a non-lurker)!

Check out this:
https://kerbeck.com/corvettes/2019-c...lz-new-g19582/

$72,600 for a 2019 as opposed to $71,000 on a 2018. Not only is it a year newer, but it's painted in the new paint shop. Plus, since you can drive to Atlantic City from Eastern PA, you save the cost of shipping. Also, our rate of 2.14% for 72 months (if you qualify) would probably make the payment on this less than the 2018 and maybe even some used 2017s since the rate goes up on used. I have that same car is Arctic White, Torch Red and Black all at the same price.

Reach out and let me know if you have any questions. I'll be back in the office on Monday!

Dave
^^^ No brainer deal at Kerbeck. It won't get any better than that price. Plus you get the outstanding service they offer from start to finish.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:50 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

I have noted all of the differences in the trim levels and the 1LZ suits me fine. It's not an issue of stretching the budget; it's just that the 2LZ doesn't offer anything that I would value at the increased cost, but I wouldn't be against it if I was presented with a good deal. Do the ventilated seats work well? I've heard a lot of people say they were underwhelmed by them..
Stick to your guns. You have posters here that impose what they like on to potential buyers. They don't recognize that all people have different needs and wants. If you would use and enjoy the features in a 2LT car then they are an absolute bargain.
And the ventilated seats do not work well. Again I'll get pounded into pavement for saying that, but it is an opinion shared by most drivers that have those seats where I am from. And I have experienced them myself.

Last edited by joemessman; 07-15-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Kevin A Jones (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 07:09 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I tend to agree w. joemessman's #25 post. People ARE analytical, like you, but don't always come to the same conclusions you would on options, and certainly not the color! You decide what you want, and don't want, unless there's some compelling logic that makes you rethink your decision.

As to "cooled" (which actually use ambient interior air and ventilate) seats, it depends. I've read the same things that some/many don't think it works very well at all. I recall being given a rental Lexus that had it in the TX heat and it worked very well. Then, a few months later, I had another one, and it hardly worked at all. Maybe it depends not only on brand or make, but model as well. I don't know. But given my preferences, I'd rather have it unless it comes along with all the other stuff I don't want (and don't want to pay for).
Old 07-15-2018, 07:49 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

^^^
As I stated in my post #15, and recalled a recent post where a forum member with a 1LT said was difficulty getting in and out. The OP may look at a spec sheet and say "I don't need memory seats" and having not driven the car realize getting in and out is a PIA from a driving postilion! As I said, I occasionally do that when I get the mail out of my mailbox! Even there I usually move the seat to my exit position by pushing one button. That seats then are fully back and fully up both front and rear as is the steering wheel! Can't see that from a spec sheet!

Same with auto dimming mirrors-who needs that? In a low car like the Vette lights from behind would be a PIA without it!

Not sure why folks bring up seat cooling as it, IMO is a minor issue! In fact in SC it works fine and because it is there it does delay the seat heating in the winter! Not a big deal for me and I list that benefit about last! However having lived "Up North" before moving South 35 years ago even though the seat heat takes 3 times longer than in my C6 (about 7 to 10 minutes to turn down from 3 bars to 1 when it's 40F) sure feels good!

Since this issue with seat heat cooling has been brought up several times, perhaps these pics will explain why they are what they are! The C6 had no cooling and had the same seat heating element and worked fine! However, to get cooling, which is just three fans that blow cabin air at your rear and back, they use a ~3/8 inch thick open mesh to get the air over much of the seat leather. However that open mesh reduces the heat conduction rate to get the heating element temp to the leather. I find my seats get hot but it takes 3 times longer than my C6. I start with 3 bars and in ~7 to 10 minutes turn down to 1 bar or it burns my rear! IF the cabin is cool the seat fans work fine, IMO! If folks were expecting a refrigerant cooling system that is not the case. These seats were designed by Lear i\n Italy and are similar to what Ferrari uses. It's a sports car not a Rolls-Royce!

Last edited by JerryU; 07-15-2018 at 07:56 PM.
NA FURY (07-15-2018)

Quick Reply: New guy from Eastern PA, with questions...