Why My SiriusXM channels stop at ch 225 ??? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Why My SiriusXM channels stop at ch 225 ???

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why My SiriusXM channels stop at ch 225 ???

Reply

 
 
 
Old 07-15-2018, 03:12 AM
  #1  
Stew24
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stew24's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Maumelle AR
Posts: 363
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default Why My SiriusXM channels stop at ch 225 ???

Would like to know why my SiriusXM channels only go to 225, or maybe 235?, ..not sure which. Anyways, the Satellite channels in my wife 2015 Genesis go all the way to channel 330 and more! My friends 2016 Grand Cherokee's SiriusXM also goes at least through channel 330! And yes, I have the "All Access" package!. I called SiriusXM and asked, and all the foreign speaking lady could tell me was that she thinks some radios don't go that far! ... duh! Very unhappy my new Corvette can't get channels my wifes' 3 years older, and $20,000 less expensive car, gets! ... I had hoped to listen to Silk, Channel 330 in my new Corvette.
Stew24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:34 AM
  #2  
Corgidog1
CF Senior Member
 
Corgidog1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,056
Thanked 849 Times in 582 Posts
Default

My 2017 Subaru gets channels in the 300s-my c7 can’t. Same package was wondering why like you
Corgidog1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:38 AM
  #3  
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member
 
dmaxx3500's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 21,774
Thanked 324 Times in 266 Posts
Default

because that's how many channels gm built-in
dmaxx3500 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:08 AM
  #4  
c54u
CF Senior Member
 
c54u's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,931
Thanked 295 Times in 223 Posts
Default

You can listen to the channels through your phone if you want through your infotainment system.

Already have a SiriusXM All Access trial or paid subscription in your car? Streaming is included in your trial, FREE.

Channel list goes to 994.

You can also get a channel compatible standalone Sirius radio. Should save you the data rates if you were streaming using smartphone.

Last edited by c54u; 07-15-2018 at 09:18 AM.
c54u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:11 AM
  #5  
chefcg1
CF Senior Member
 
chefcg1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Mount Airy NC
Posts: 1,621
Thanked 332 Times in 260 Posts
Default

Because GM put a sub par radio in our vettes. My girlfriends GTI goes into 900’s
chefcg1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:15 AM
  #6  
Black18Z06
Junior Member
 
Black18Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Castle Pines, CO
Posts: 32
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
because that's how many channels gm built-in
Sirius-ly?

Couldn't resist.
Black18Z06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Black18Z06 For This Useful Post:
DAC17 (07-16-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 10:44 AM
  #7  
proeagles
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Covington LA
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 37 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chefcg1 View Post
Because GM put a sub par radio in our vettes. My girlfriends GTI goes into 900’s
It is not a sub par radio (actually it is), it is all about the particular subscription that GM paid for during the trial. You can contact Sirius and they will be happy to hook you up with more channels..
proeagles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:38 PM
  #8  
Eppieguy
CF Senior Member
 
Eppieguy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Somerville New Jersey
Posts: 2,120
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Even after the trail you can’t get all the stations since the radio doesn’t go that high.
Eppieguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:56 PM
  #9  
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 3,894
Thanked 568 Times in 498 Posts
Default

I have all access on my 2015 AMG which is a Sirius radio and on my 2015 C7 which is a XM receiver , both of my cars only go to 235 so I am not sure what you are picking up in the 900's

A simple search for the channel guides will show you that XM/SIRRUS channels go up to 235 , the rest of the channel lineup is available only thru STREAMING or the Sirius app …but still only a few go that high up in the 900's

Sirius Lineup
https://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/sir...annelguide.pdf

and then there is XM ,
https://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/xm/channelguide.pdf

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 07-15-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Dcasole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:49 PM
  #10  
Stew24
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stew24's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Maumelle AR
Posts: 363
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
I have all access on my 2015 AMG which is a Sirius radio and on my 2015 C7 which is a XM receiver , both of my cars only go to 235 so I am not sure what you are picking up in the 900's

A simple search for the channel guides will show you that XM/SIRRUS channels go up to 235 , the rest of the channel lineup is available only thru STREAMING or the Sirius app …but still only a few go that high up in the 900's

Sirius Lineup
https://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/sir...annelguide.pdf

and then there is XM ,
https://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/xm/channelguide.pdf

Dave
You have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA ...what you are talking about! You have several people on here telling you that the channels go well past 235, yet you make a statement like above, which is 100% WRONG! My Genesis is NOT streaming channels, it's receiving them by satellite delivery just as the others who are receiving them! Even the link you posted , when I clicked on it, it gave me a clickable list asking what your car was? When I put in my vehicle it showed that it receives channels thru 700! The "Streaming Only" channels start at 700 and go thru 900. My car has ability to receive channels all the way through 700. Many other manufacturers make radios that are fully able to get all that Sirius XM provides, ... but our crappy GM radios do not!
Stew24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:05 PM
  #11  
z28lt1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2000
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 1,437
Thanked 185 Times in 131 Posts
Default

There are 3 types of hardware out there now, all getting service form the same company. The HARDWARE version will be either XM, Sirius, and SiriusXM. I believe the C7 uses XM, so you would get the XM packages and channels. Those go up to 235 on the radio, and additional on-line, and the XM based packages can't get anything else anyway.
z28lt1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:41 PM
  #12  
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 3,894
Thanked 568 Times in 498 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stew24 View Post
You have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA ...what you are talking about! You have several people on here telling you that the channels go well past 235, yet you make a statement like above, which is 100% WRONG! My Genesis is NOT streaming channels, it's receiving them by satellite delivery just as the others who are receiving them! Even the link you posted , when I clicked on it, it gave me a clickable list asking what your car was? When I put in my vehicle it showed that it receives channels thru 700! The "Streaming Only" channels start at 700 and go thru 900. My car has ability to receive channels all the way through 700. Many other manufacturers make radios that are fully able to get all that Sirius XM provides, ... but our crappy GM radios do not!
easy there Simba .......no need to attack ......

Dave
Dcasole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:19 AM
  #13  
Stew24
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stew24's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Maumelle AR
Posts: 363
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
There are 3 types of hardware out there now, all getting service form the same company. The HARDWARE version will be either XM, Sirius, and SiriusXM. I believe the C7 uses XM, so you would get the XM packages and channels. Those go up to 235 on the radio, and additional on-line, and the XM based packages can't get anything else anyway.
Then, .. if what you say is correct, then the posters who say we have crappy radios from GM are all true! Why, .. why .. would we have a radio in a $100,000 car, (In some cases), .. that will only get 30% of the channels that SiriusXM offers!??? If GM is sending out XM only radios, ...why the heck is this? Why aren't our radios SiriusXM radios? It sure says SXM all over the face and icons on the screen. Pathetic, I say! I just checked a bunch of cars on the pull down menu "Edit my Cars/Radio", and interestingly ... Even a 2015 Hyundai Elantra can pick up SiriusXM channels up to channel 700, ... but no Corvette, or even a $110,000 2018 Cadillac Escalade, ....can go any higher than channel 235! ... That sucks BIG TIME ... GM!
Stew24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:40 AM
  #14  
Stew24
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stew24's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Maumelle AR
Posts: 363
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
I have all access on my 2015 AMG which is a Sirius radio and on my 2015 C7 which is a XM receiver , both of my cars only go to 235 so I am not sure what you are picking up in the 900's

A simple search for the channel guides will show you that XM/SIRRUS channels go up to 235 , the rest of the channel lineup is available only thru STREAMING or the Sirius app …but still only a few go that high up in the 900's

Sirius Lineup
https://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/sir...annelguide.pdf

and then there is XM ,
https://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/xm/channelguide.pdf

Dave
Aw man, ... It's even worse for you! ... Just checked the site and your Mercedes AMG won't get the 700's like so many of our friends, .. in fact, yours will only go to 219 instead of 235! ... LOL , but relax, the newer Benz's can go up into the 700's just like BMW!
Stew24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:13 AM
  #15  
Avanti
CF Senior Member
 
Avanti's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Bonneville Salt Flats, 223mph Aug. '04
Posts: 4,889
Thanked 400 Times in 272 Posts
Default

Well, I guess it's time to trade cars, then.
Avanti is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:08 AM
  #16  
Stew24
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stew24's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Maumelle AR
Posts: 363
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
Well, I guess it's time to trade cars, then.
Well, I can honestly say that had I known this beforehand, it could have possibly impacted my decision to buy the car! I had definitely planned to enjoy a few channels above ch.235 as I had been used to whenever in my wife's car. This and the almost 5 second delay, between command, and action when changing channels from the steering wheel controls is just unacceptable in my opinion. I'm sure I sound like a whiner, but these are the type things that drove me away from American made cars for 25 years back in the late Eighties, There are other lacking features too, like not being able to skip backward several selections and replay previously listened to satellite tracks. How difficult is this to do when even Hyundai radios have this ability?

Last edited by Stew24; 07-16-2018 at 04:17 AM.
Stew24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:30 AM
  #17  
1bdvet
CF Senior Member
 
1bdvet's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: Plantation Florida USAF(Retired) 1966-1990
Posts: 33,491
Thanked 1,205 Times in 1,114 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default

My suggestions, call them, and ask them your questions, and get the best package you would like it, a phone call is your best bet!

Last edited by 1bdvet; 07-16-2018 at 07:30 AM.
1bdvet is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:33 AM
  #18  
z28lt1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2000
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 1,437
Thanked 185 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stew24 View Post
Then, .. if what you say is correct, then the posters who say we have crappy radios from GM are all true! Why, .. why .. would we have a radio in a $100,000 car, (In some cases), .. that will only get 30% of the channels that SiriusXM offers!??? If GM is sending out XM only radios, ...why the heck is this? Why aren't our radios SiriusXM radios? It sure says SXM all over the face and icons on the screen. Pathetic, I say! I just checked a bunch of cars on the pull down menu "Edit my Cars/Radio", and interestingly ... Even a 2015 Hyundai Elantra can pick up SiriusXM channels up to channel 700, ... but no Corvette, or even a $110,000 2018 Cadillac Escalade, ....can go any higher than channel 235! ... That sucks BIG TIME ... GM!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely trying to defend GM here, just trying to throw some facts out there.

When the first C7 arrived, just about no cars had the combined SiriusXM radio, as it was pretty much new. I didn't check every car, but just looked at 30 or so, and the only car out of that bunch that had the SiriusXM hardware was the 2014 Hyundai Equus (added to the Elentra in 2015) Now, as we've seen over and over, GM is slow on the take to update hardware if the car itself dopesn't undergo a refresh. It seems they would rather save costs than put the dollars into new hardware that needs to be tested just for a few more radio channels (see below). It's fair to argue that they should update the tech in Chevrolet's flagship, but they don't seem to take that approach always.

That said, the current radio doesn't actually get only 30% of the channels, despite what channel numbers go to. From a quick glance at the guide (so might not be 100% accurate) the new hardware gives you additional: 12 music stations, 5 sports stations, 3 news/talk stations, and 2 Spanish Language stations. That's not trivial and I could see why people want them, but it isn't like it's every stations between 225 and 700.

Finally, and i didn't mention before, there is a new generation of radio just coming out, the 360L, which has access to some of the previous on-line only stations, as well as on-demand listening of previous shows. It uses a combination of satellite, and LTE to provide this content. I know it debuted on the 2018 RAM, not sure what other vehicles have it. Even then, it still only has a little over 200 live channels, again despite the channel numbers.
z28lt1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:11 AM
  #19  
Stew24
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stew24's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Maumelle AR
Posts: 363
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1bdvet View Post
My suggestions, call them, and ask them your questions, and get the best package you would like it, a phone call is your best bet!
Sure, I can call GM, and ask them my questions. A lot of good that would do for me right now, I'm sure! ... As for getting the best package I would like?, .... I ALREADY have and pay for the top package SiriusXM offers! The problem is not the service, the problem is the "yesterdays tech" receiver they are still using!
Stew24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:58 AM
  #20  
Stew24
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stew24's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Maumelle AR
Posts: 363
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely trying to defend GM here, just trying to throw some facts out there.

When the first C7 arrived, just about no cars had the combined SiriusXM radio, as it was pretty much new. I didn't check every car, but just looked at 30 or so, and the only car out of that bunch that had the SiriusXM hardware was the 2014 Hyundai Equus (added to the Elentra in 2015) Now, as we've seen over and over, GM is slow on the take to update hardware if the car itself dopesn't undergo a refresh. It seems they would rather save costs than put the dollars into new hardware that needs to be tested just for a few more radio channels (see below). It's fair to argue that they should update the tech in Chevrolet's flagship, but they don't seem to take that approach always.

That said, the current radio doesn't actually get only 30% of the channels, despite what channel numbers go to. From a quick glance at the guide (so might not be 100% accurate) the new hardware gives you additional: 12 music stations, 5 sports stations, 3 news/talk stations, and 2 Spanish Language stations. That's not trivial and I could see why people want them, but it isn't like it's every stations between 225 and 700.

Finally, and i didn't mention before, there is a new generation of radio just coming out, the 360L, which has access to some of the previous on-line only stations, as well as on-demand listening of previous shows. It uses a combination of satellite, and LTE to provide this content. I know it debuted on the 2018 RAM, not sure what other vehicles have it. Even then, it still only has a little over 200 live channels, again despite the channel numbers.
Ok, most of what you said is correct, but not all. in 2014 The Hyundai Equus and Genesis were both offering the newest tech satellite radios, and this was 1 year "before" the Genesis was restyled into it's 2nd generation car in 2015! So, you DON'T have to wait until a new restyle/generation to add updated tech to your infotainment systems.(all of GM's, including Corvette & Escalade, and all of Ford's stuff including Navigator, all dragging up the rear!, ... While Chrysler & Jeep have been offering the newest tech since 2015!) Not sure what you counted, but I counted 39 channels offered between GM's channel 235 cap, and the ch. 470 that most others offer. And as for the SiriusXM 360L radio, ... that's HOT, and look who's out front with that ..., the only American car manufacturer who added the last latest greatest in the U.S., .. Chrysler/Dodge/Ram. C'mon GM!, .. I ain't buying that it's new hardware that has to be tested just for a few more channels as you say! I say it's more of a culture around GM, that believes they can slide under the radar on a few things and save some money in doing so! Again, ..that kinda thinking lost them hordes of customers to the foreign competition back in the 80's and 90's, and apparently they still haven't learned!
Stew24 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why My SiriusXM channels stop at ch 225 ???


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: