C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide body C7's need Xpel on the doors and rear quarter panels also!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 12:47 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Received 627 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowB

I have ACS splashgards on the front and with the skirts on my GS I’m not seeing any issues with rock hits anywhere on the doors. Maybe I’ve been lucky.
Nope, not lucky, good, lol - I have the same setup and at about 2k miles I have zero damage on either side of my car. With that setup the only way the side of your car is getting hit by rocks is by rocks thrown at you by other cars.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:20 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

I have splash guards and xpel on rear quarters. Rear quarters still get hit with splash guards, but its just hitting the film. The doors don't seem to get hit.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:41 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,109 Likes on 1,734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by Null Pointer
Sorry, slightly OT, but great looking car. I can understand why you want to keep as perfect as you can. Me, I am trying a less expensive way and the ACS front splash guards and the GM rear splash guards arrived today. I have the same oem side skirts. If I see issues later on, I'll look into a more expensive solution. Your car looks awesome.
Thank you for the compliment I just got my doors and rear quarters done and my trunk for $1200 all that is left is the rear end and the piece that is between my trunk lid and the tonneau cover and I will be done. Have spent $3000 all together so if another $500 completes the car it is worth it TO ME since this will be my last Corvette owned that I drive until I cant drive anymore.

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 07-20-2018 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Null Pointer (07-20-2018)

Quick Reply: Wide body C7's need Xpel on the doors and rear quarter panels also!