Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1LT or 3LT

Old 07-21-2018, 05:58 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
In general, the only people that will tell you to buy a 1LT, are 1LT owners.
Well duh! No **** Sherlock! The people who chose 2LT and 3LT did so for their own reasons and they are obviously the ones most likely to recommend 2LT and 3LT to others as well, they won't be the ones recommending 1LT for the most part.

I own a 1LT and I always tell people that the 1LT is a great bargain if you find that you really don't need the extra stuff that comes with 2LT and 3LT. For people coming from older generations of Corvettes, they will find the 1LT is already well equipped with the things they are used to having. Before I ordered my C7 I thought for sure that I was going to go with the 2LT, but when I sat down and took a real hard look at the options that I absolutely had to have, vs the ones that weren't really that important (TO ME) I found the 1LT was right for me. And here I am 7 months and 6100 miles later and I'd still choose 1LT all over again.

The following 2 users liked this post by Patman:
Rebel Yell (07-22-2018), RoadVettes (07-24-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 06:20 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,977 Likes on 2,879 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
You can't seem to comprehend that the only piece of optional "equipment" you have over a 2LT is factory nav/PDR. Since most folks aren't silly enough to use the factory nav as it's so inferior to any smart phone app, that boils it down to the PDR, and you don't seem like the track/PDR type . . . LOL.
LOL! Still trolling 3LTs, eh?! Relax, silly boy. This thread's about 1LT or 3LT. Your 2LT doesn't count here.

OP, FWIW, my 3LT option was part of a -17% off MSRP discount I got on my new 2017 IN 2017. It's a Stingray LOADED-UP, with exactly the equipment I wanted, so, like your potential 3LT, the package of trim goodies are free!!

Old 07-21-2018, 06:24 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Well duh! No **** Sherlock! The people who chose 2LT and 3LT did so for their own reasons and they are obviously the ones most likely to recommend 2LT and 3LT to others as well, they won't be the ones recommending 1LT for the most part.

I own a 1LT and I always tell people that the 1LT is a great bargain if you find that you really don't need the extra stuff that comes with 2LT and 3LT. For people coming from older generations of Corvettes, they will find the 1LT is already well equipped with the things they are used to having. Before I ordered my C7 I thought for sure that I was going to go with the 2LT, but when I sat down and took a real hard look at the options that I absolutely had to have, vs the ones that weren't really that important (TO ME) I found the 1LT was right for me. And here I am 7 months and 6100 miles later and I'd still choose 1LT all over again.
I agree with you in regard to that. I chose the 1LT because the only options of the 2LT I would use was the parking camera. All the other options I have on my current Ford Escape and my previous Yukon and never used them. But I think you and I are outliers. Most folks I think enjoy those features. But there is no rational logic to order those options if you aren't going to use them. I have almost 72,000 on mine and have no regrets.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:25 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Your 1LT was ordered to keep the price down. You said as much, since you've ordered it!

No one's going to make fun of you for ramming your front spoiler into curbs, because you couldn't afford front cameras - that's all on you, Son.

Don't begrudge those of us with 2LTs/3LTs THAT ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! Because they're loaded-up to the hilt with goodies.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 2016C7.paul
Assuming both cars are in pristine condition, I'd get the 3LT, and this is coming from a guy with a base model.

Bottom line is that between those two cars, the year newer 3LT should be worth significantly more, even with the extra miles.
Other than the inevitable ramming of curbs with your base model. You're exactly correct! 3LT ALL day!

Old 07-21-2018, 06:31 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Other than the inevitable ramming of curbs with your base model. You're exactly correct! 3LT ALL day!
Joe I have 72K on mine and haven't rammed the front. (yet)
My son has rammed the front of his and he has a 2LT. Go figure.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:33 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

My car is a15 3 LT and it still has a very strong leather smell- which I love. So if you have any hound in you get the 3LT.
The following users liked this post:
Skid Row Joe (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 06:35 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by joemessman
Joe I have 72K on mine and haven't rammed the front. (yet)
My son has rammed the front of his and he has a 2LT. Go figure.
Are you sure you didn't ram those curbs while driving his ZO6???

Old 07-21-2018, 06:36 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Are you sure you didn't ram those curbs while driving his ZO6???
Shhhh!
The following users liked this post:
Skid Row Joe (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Old 07-21-2018, 06:54 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Well, I have a 3LT, but I would recommend a 2LT. All the 2LT's I looked at came with the NAV/PDR as an extra anyway, for which you pay, but it's not as much as the difference for a 3LT. This last year they added a swath of leather to the 2LT so that it has the same color combo as the 3LT except for the glove box, so there's not a whole lot of difference there, either.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:23 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

mschyuler:
Mike, to amplify your dash description, they did change it (3LT) dash up for 17 or 18. It went 2-tone, which on any color but JET BLK interior. Then, there wasn't any coloration clash.

But as far as the OP's Q - the consensus is going with the 2015 3LT - on-thread. 👍👍👍

The 2LT, is a whole 'nother topic.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:30 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,560 Likes on 5,546 Posts

Same here, I specifically purchased a 1LT because I didn't want any of the 2LT features, however I see why the 2LT appeals to some. On the other hand, I didn't even consider a 3LT because that trim level make no sense to me.
I used the same $$ I could have used for items I didn't want to get something I did want, a Convertible.

You don't get to the point where you can purchase anything you want, by purchasing things you don't want.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kevin A Jones:
ladder13 (07-22-2018), Patman (07-21-2018), Rebel Yell (07-22-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 07:35 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Your 1LT was ordered to keep the price down. You said as much, since you've ordered it!

No one's going to make fun of you for ramming your front spoiler into curbs, because you couldn't afford front cameras - that's all on you, Son.
I've driven all kinds of low to the ground cars in my life, long before front cameras became a thing and I have never rammed my front end on any of them into a curb. For one, I prefer to back into parking spaces, but even if I went in nose first, I'm smart enough not to try to pull in way too far. Just because your eyesight is failing you in your old age and you can't figure out where the nose of your car is without a camera, doesn't mean others are like that.

And yes, I did order 1LT to keep the price down, I've made no bones about that. But that doesn't mean that every time I drive my car I wish I had all the missing options, because I don't. It's got the most important thing in it, the LT1 engine.

Last edited by Patman; 07-21-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:44 PM
2016C7.paul
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Its only inevitable if you are incapable of backing into a parking space, which has the added benefit of being able to leave without backing out which is useful for a variety of reasons, including emergency situations.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:06 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,188 Likes on 3,440 Posts

Even the 1LT has way toooooo much crappola for my taste... since you asked.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:35 PM
Tasml
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are tracking the car, the Z51 may be a consideration, but since not; I would consider the year newer 3LT. This is mostly because a year newer is usually better than a few extra miles in my experience. Also, 2 LT and 3 LT’s provides someuseful options over the 1LT’s. The HUD and NAV systems work quite well and I use them every time I drive my 2019 Stingray 3LT. The NAV system is right there at your fingertips and is great for road trips. People tend to criticize the GM NAV systems and I’m not sure why, my experience is that a dedicated NAV works better than the various small screen smart phone apps once you get accustomed to them. Also once you get accustomed to the HUD, it’s much easier than taking your eyes off the road to look at the instrument cluster. Finally let your instincts guide you, maybe there is something about one of the other that sways you. Maybe you can sense if one car had better care than the other, or one color scheme speaks to you more. This is as much about emotion as hard comparisons. Good luck.

Last edited by Tasml; 07-21-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1LT or 3LT

Old 07-21-2018, 10:58 PM
LeyingEZ
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally chose the 2LT, from the list of items the package inclueds, the 2LT seems to have the best value..
Old 07-21-2018, 11:37 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 2016C7.paul
Its only inevitable if you are incapable of backing into a parking space, which has the added benefit of being able to leave without backing out which is useful for a variety of reasons, including emergency situations.
It's totally inevitable. If you don't have front cameras, you're as good as slammed, splintered & fractured front splitter. Don't know why you're not grasping that?? 😁
Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LeyingEZ
I personally chose the 2LT, from the list of items the package inclueds, the 2LT seems to have the best value..
That's not the OPs Q.....

The Q is; 1LT OR 3LT. No other choice. 😛

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1LT or 3LT