Sponsored by:

1LT or 3LT

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 06:37 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
The factory nav, like any nav will get you from A to B. It will not route you effectively around real-time, traffic tie-ups. Since my C7 is my nearly daily commuter, and since multiple traffic tie-ups happen each and every day in both directions, it does not work for me. I know how to get to work, but the factory nav can't help me with traffic. What traffic info it does have is way behind real time. Google Maps and Waze produce instant info.

In light traffic areas or light times of day, or if your car is a garage queen that only comes out for weekend cruises, it's fine. I'm sure it's great in places like Montana.
I don't not agree (in tribute to Helsinki).

Truely, my C7 is really a garage queen. But when I do need to get somewhere in a hurry, I use Waze on my iphone (sitting in the cupholder)...which is why I can't wait for iOS12.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:28 PM
Jpiatchek
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Navigation

Originally Posted by Foosh
You're welcome.

Like everyone who tries to maintain objectivity around here and pass on useful info, I was sharing my personal experience. I had nav in my 2014, and I conducted numerous trials of running Waze on smartphone and the factory nav simultaneously in the densely congested DC metro region. The factory nav was so ineffective, that I simply stopped using it, and I did not order it in my 2018 because I considered it a useless option to the 2LT package. Other than supposedly better leather, it is also the only thing that 3LT provides standard that 2LT does not. Those are simple facts.

I didn't use the word "dangerous," but I don't think it's debatable that one's eyes should remain on the road, and my opinion that using nav screen size as a reason to utilize an inferior product is silly. That is also a fact.

I am looking forward to the September release of OS12, which will make Waze compatible w/ Apple CarPlay, so if I can have a bigger screen AND a better nav system, I'll certainly use that instead. But, that also makes the 3LT choice for an extra $4K even less desirable, unless the so-called better leather and PDR are worth that much money to someone.
we drove Rt66 from Mo to Santa Monica in the c7 a few weeks ago. Not being a big fan of the nav in the C7, We bought a tablet for the extra detail for the trip. After a day or so we went back to nav since it was simpler, less hassle, easier to see and made the trip more enjoyable. It actually worked pretty well. Fact. Silly me.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:04 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

what you don't know you will not miss
the 3LT is nicer inside - heated/cooled seats, HUD, better radio, all leather, etc. etc.

my first was the 3LT - so hard to go back to basic - if not going to track why the GS?

Quick Reply: 1LT or 3LT