C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need 3-4 Beta Testers for Targa Top Roof Latch Warning System & Sun Visor Eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 04:53 PM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Need 3-4 Beta Testers for Targa Top Roof Latch Warning System & Sun Visor Eliminator

Hi Guys,

So a few months back, I made what was luckily only a $1k mistake when I put my targa top on top of my C7 Z06, and forgot to latch it down. As you can guess, as soon as I hit about 35mph...whoosh...there goes the top. I say I was lucky because it didn’t hit the car after it flew off, it happened with no one behind me, and a guy on the board gave me a good price on a replacement roof since they’re usually $13-1400 bucks!

I’m also 6’3”, so the sun visors really did me absolutely not good and I thought they looked like crap with the targa top off and them flapping in the wind, so I’ve been looking for a way to just get rid of them without just leaving a hole. I’ll also need to figure out what the ramifications could be for installing an aftermarket part and removing the ridiculous air bag warning that’s on the underside of the sun visor.

Nothing with the latch system is structurally altered, so there are no safety concerns w/ the targa top sensor. Anyone who is interested can PM here on the board w/ their name, address, and cell. Expecting the parts to come in over the next week, so figure early august for them to ship out.

I’m interested in general feedback on what folks would pay for such a sensor that would prevent the issues with forgetting to latch the roof down as well as a sun visor elimination kit. Testers would let me know their thoughts on ease of installation, any bugs, or include any suggestions on what they think could improve the product.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-21-2018, 05:14 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 430 Likes on 251 Posts

Is yours anything like this?

https://www.flyingroofs.com/
Old 07-21-2018, 05:31 PM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepdiver
Is yours anything like this?

https://www.flyingroofs.com/
No. It’s totally different. I liked the flying roof tag idea, but thought I might end up losing the tag or not see it since you have to remember to put the sun visor down (which I already hate), so I’d be back to square one. I will say that where the flying roof design shines is its global application. You can use it in anything with a targa roof. The thing I designed is only applicable to the C7.

Get notified of new replies

To Need 3-4 Beta Testers for Targa Top Roof Latch Warning System & Sun Visor Eliminator

Quick Reply: Need 3-4 Beta Testers for Targa Top Roof Latch Warning System & Sun Visor Eliminator