Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music sounds bad 😣

Old 07-21-2018, 05:14 PM
PrinceJamesI

Default Music sounds bad 😣

I bought the least exspensive 2019 C7 Corvette Stingray. The one with the most basic bose sound system. Theres only 3 settings to change on the equalizer. Mid, treble and bass. Nothing else but moving sound forward or back or left or right of center. No preset equalizer settings like most cars have. Bottomline the sound is horrible. I cant find anyone on these forums who has the most basic sound system like i have. If anyone does, has anyone found the best settings to make the music sound good? Help me get better sound out this basic sound system.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:19 PM
DWillys
CF Senior Member

I have the same sound system. I'm planning on fixing it but it won't be cheap.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:31 PM
rsvette12
CF Senior Member

Anyway to make it sound good - Ah Nope - will need to throw some money at it thats for sure - dont get me started lol
Old 07-21-2018, 06:46 PM
c54u
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PrinceJamesI View Post
I bought the least exspensive 2019 C7 Corvette Stingray. The one with the most basic bose sound system. Theres only 3 settings to change on the equalizer. Mid, treble and bass. Nothing else but moving sound forward or back or left or right of center. No preset equalizer settings like most cars have. Bottomline the sound is horrible. I cant find anyone on these forums who has the most basic sound system like i have. If anyone does, has anyone found the best settings to make the music sound good? Help me get better sound out this basic sound system.
You can make your own preset equalizer settings by using the tone controls and save them to a favorite button...go into tone controls and move them to where you want, now bring up the favorite buttons from the bottom of the tone screen, press and hold the favorite button you want to save the tone settings to....done. Now you can go into radio setting and under manage favorites, you can rename the favorite buttons from tone 1, tone 2 to whatever you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to c54u For This Useful Post:
Tom760 (07-22-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 06:54 PM
65fastback
CF Senior Member

I have the same car and base stereo as you...

EVERYONE hears things differently...and will describe "sound" differently Please tell us what your car you had where the audio system sounded good to you??
Old 07-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Kevin A Jones
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,210 Times in 735 Posts

If it makes you feel any better the upgraded Bose (2LT-3LT, 10 speaker) is not much better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin A Jones For This Useful Post:
rsvette12 (07-21-2018), Steve Carter (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 07:22 PM
65fastback
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones View Post
If it makes you feel any better the upgraded Bose (2LT-3LT, 10 speaker) is not much better.

I really dislike these audio threads because there will always be a guy saying something sounds like crap and another guy say the same thing sounds great. ALWAYS!!!!!
Its like what color car should i get or what are the best wheels.... sheesh

The truth is....these bose systems are better than average but our car is a horrible listening environment.
I ve been a musician and recording engineer for way longer than id like to admit and i am very picky about audio in the cars i drive. This bose system lacks the low end but its not bad for door speakers... all in all it has very good imaging and good mid and high end. You need a good sound source.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 65fastback For This Useful Post:
blkvet6 (07-21-2018), ftrusty (07-22-2018), Kent1999 (07-23-2018), NSC5 (07-23-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 07:37 PM
Kevin A Jones
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,210 Times in 735 Posts

^ Having said the above, the C7 sound system doesn't bother me as I didn't purchase my GS to listen to music. The C7 excels in many areas resulting in making it one of the finest sportscars in the world, sound systems just isn't one of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin A Jones For This Useful Post:
tonysz06 (07-24-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 07:40 PM
PrinceJamesI

Originally Posted by DWillys View Post
I have the same sound system. I'm planning on fixing it but it won't be cheap.
Thanks for the comment.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:41 PM
PrinceJamesI

Originally Posted by rsvette12 View Post
Anyway to make it sound good - Ah Nope - will need to throw some money at it thats for sure - dont get me started lol
Thanks for the headsup
The Following User Says Thank You to PrinceJamesI For This Useful Post:
rsvette12 (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 07:42 PM
PrinceJamesI

Originally Posted by c54u View Post
You can make your own preset equalizer settings by using the tone controls and save them to a favorite button...go into tone controls and move them to where you want, now bring up the favorite buttons from the bottom of the tone screen, press and hold the favorite button you want to save the tone settings to....done. Now you can go into radio setting and under manage favorites, you can rename the favorite buttons from tone 1, tone 2 to whatever you want.

Thanks for the info, i will try to do that.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:50 PM
Deweyox
CF Senior Member

agreed, not bad but not as good as I'd like. Of course I'm half deaf from cranking every speaker, head phone and car stereo...
Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 PM
65fastback
CF Senior Member

Ill try again....WHAT car have you had that the factory stereo sounded good to you? Trying to get a point of reference to help.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:05 PM
rsvette12
CF Senior Member

Great comments all - drummer for 35 years and guitar for 10 years I know a little something about music and the louder the better for me - hearing is still fine guess I am lucky

I was thinking for a quick fix you can tap into current system and add a powered sub or a sub box with a separate amp - turn down the lows in Bose unit and use your bass amp with a controller - that might be livable for the time being eventually I will replace everything, I have a pro who does nice work and will be doing both scenarios for me, I have a head unit and the rest has to be purchased at some point - just hoping I have the room to install a din head unit

This is my last vette after 10 of them so not worried about the next guy because this ones going to be around a long time - C8 would be nice but car payments not on my to do list anymore

There are some threads on how to tap in a sub box in the CF stereo section - not a lot of stuff but enough to be dangerous

My last C6 had a $5,000 system in it thats how serious I am about my music hence my attitude on Bose may be great for some just not up to my quality standards

Last edited by rsvette12; 07-21-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:06 PM
jimmbbo
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by c54u View Post

Programming the favorites provides improved sound
Old 07-21-2018, 08:07 PM
PrinceJamesI

^ Having said the above, the C7 sound system doesn't bother me as I didn't purchase my GS to listen to music. The C7 excels in many areas resulting in making it one of the finest sportscars in the world, sound systems just isn't one of them.
True.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:09 PM
PrinceJamesI

Originally Posted by rsvette12 View Post
Great comments all - drummer for 35 years and guitar for 10 years I know a little something about music and the louder the better for me - hearing is still fine guess I am lucky

I was thinking for a quick fix you can tap into current system and add a powered sub or a sub box with a separate amp - turn down the lows in Bose unit and use your bass amp with a controller - that might be livable for the time being eventually I will replace everything, I have a pro who does nice work and will be doing both scenarios for me, I have a head unit and the rest has to be purchased at some point - just hoping I have the room to install a din head unit

This is my last vette after 10 of them so not worried about the next guy because this ones going to be around a long time - C8 would be nice but car payments not on my to do list anymore

There are some threads on how to tap in a sub box in the CF stereo section - not a lot of stuff but enough to be dangerous
Thanks for the comment. Great info.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:12 PM
rsvette12
CF Senior Member

Welcome Buddy some may think I am nuts - you know what I am lol - I wont be spending that kind of money this time thats for sure but something has to be done asap
Old 07-21-2018, 08:15 PM
PrinceJamesI

Thats crazy. I thought those ones would sound good for everyone.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:21 PM
PrinceJamesI

Thanks for everyones comments. Much appreciated. 🙏 👍
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrinceJamesI For This Useful Post:
Kevin A Jones (07-21-2018), rsvette12 (07-21-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Music sounds bad 😣

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: