dprestidge (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Nik, I went to the website where you got the American flag decal. They have taillight black outs too. With your black C7, have you considered blacking out your tails too?
Old 08-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Roadrogue
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

How badly do they obscure the view through the window? I have a place where I really need to see through that window. Hopefully The openings will suffice.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:05 PM
NmtMev
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Nik, I went to the website where you got the American flag decal. They have taillight black outs too. With your black C7, have you considered blacking out your tails too?
I got these for West coast corvettes.. my wonderful wife gave me a gift card, so I picked out stuff that I can actually buy and not add any money to..
I don't know about anyone else. but it's a little hassle to lay overlays on the lights, I think this option (smoked acrylic double sided tape) looks better and is easier to work with. I did buy premiums tint kit for the sides and the rear/front deflectors and that was a super value. I like the overlays on the sides and back/front. but I think if your gonna do the rear taillights I would go for the abs plastic type.

The reason I did just the reverse light blackout is because I love the contrast w/ the red calipers. personally I think it looks really tasteful.

all black is okay too but I wanted to change the color scheme up a little.

all I'm missing is the black emblems, and tint ( which I said I was getting and you know... life things happen ) so I'm eventually going to get those things when funds permit.

* as for the vinyl on the reflectors thorough out the car... totally worth it at that price. very great quality. I had no issues with that or the vinyl on the windows.

you just must be careful of how you wash the American flag decals.... you can easily pull up a corner because of the nature of the product. just take it easy on the windows.!
Old 08-20-2018, 10:12 PM
NmtMev
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrogue
How badly do they obscure the view through the window? I have a place where I really need to see through that window. Hopefully The openings will suffice.
its like 50 50. i dont really use those windows because I'm a big guy. you can still see. it's not bad at all . the decals are not opaque but you can see through the slivers... Best I can describe.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:36 PM
tadda
Le Mans Master

Received 6,833 Likes on 2,639 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Just placed order with Premium Auto Styling for smoked reverse tail light overlay film

Quick Reply: New Decals! What you guys think?