C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Our prayers have been answered - CD player

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 10:44 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
Watch a concert on that little screen?
seriously, I've already watched them many, many times at my 60" TV. It's all about the music my friend...you can't beat live concerts. The video in the car is a no-no unless the engine is off..... more than one way to be entertained ....as they used to say about 45s, it's what's in the grooves that matters.

Last edited by $$$frumnuttin'; 09-12-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:00 AM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
way too much time...did that once with over 200 CDS which took me several days....then the damn stick would not play in the Vette!!! but it does play in my puter....never again....plus I can watch the concert if I choose.
So you already converted the CDs to MP3?

Great so that work is done. You won't have to do that again.

So instead of copying them to a USB stick, put them on a Bluetooth Mp3 player like your phone and there you have it.

Be sure and back them up of course, preferably to the cloud.

That way you can easily download them to other music playing devices.

Another option is Spotify.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:04 AM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Except for where you don't have access to the Internet.....which is why a USB stick is used by many.
You use the cloud as the storage repository - your "master library".

Then you can copy some of them to Bluetooth or USB devices to play disconnected from the Internet.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:16 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----

Originally Posted by rsvette12
Did you get cd player ? what nav unit do you have that you want it to play on - does it ?
just got it...by NAV I meant the screen in the dash...still trying to get the included app (which is on a disc) to run in the car. the unit lights up, the disc goes in, then pops out after a few seconds. engine not running, I just hit the start button to light up the dash...will try with engine running tomorrow, maybe that is the issue...
Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

just got it...by NAV I meant the screen in the dash...still trying to get the included app (which is on a disc) to run in the car. the unit lights up, the disc goes in, then pops out after a few seconds. engine not running, I just hit the start button to light up the dash...will try with engine running tomorrow, maybe that is the issue...
Ah ok no it wont play videos in GM screen - they are not designed to play video - you can only play cds or burned mp3's on that unit
Old 09-14-2018, 01:02 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Ah ok no it wont play videos in GM screen - they are not designed to play video - you can only play cds or burned mp3's on that unit
I think I'll head to the local Chinese restaurant to find out what the app is all about....LMAO!.
The following users liked this post:
rsvette12 (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 01:52 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

I think I'll head to the local Chinese restaurant to find out what the app is all about....LMAO!.
That wont work they only serve #9's with fried rice
Old 09-15-2018, 10:00 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

That wont work they only serve #9's with fried rice

lol...I got it to work, sounds good without the engine on. Once I get on the road and experience all that road noise those bits and bites won't mean a thing.....

I did mange to extract the files list off the included disc, nothing there of any consequence...just the read/write Android files which don't open with any program. had to rename the files with a .zip program.

Not sure if I am going to give the seller + feedback because he stated the unit will play music videos.......
Old 09-20-2018, 03:54 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Any updates from those who purchased one of these how well you like it now that you have had it a while? The sound quality? Does it skip going over normal bumps in the road?

Where did you mount it? How do you change tracks and go to the next song? Does it work properly through the C7 stereo controls and the steering wheel controls? Etc, etc.

Thanks

Old 09-20-2018, 01:00 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie
Any updates from those who purchased one of these how well you like it now that you have had it a while? The sound quality? Does it skip going over normal bumps in the road?

Where did you mount it? How do you change tracks and go to the next song? Does it work properly through the C7 stereo controls and the steering wheel controls? Etc, etc.

Thanks

very nice addition...sound quality is great...no skips, I just keep it on the passenger seat next to the console...the cord is short, so you almost have to. yes, you can skip using the fast forward button on the dash...click media to start it...media button is on your stock unit, if you've never used it, like me! lol not a big deal that it won't play videos...I will test a standard player too later on...if it also works, the chinese one is going back....my standard unit was $10.....
Old 09-20-2018, 01:34 PM
fourmat
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Why?

You can just put your content on a USB stick and play it. Why would you want some spinning disc somewhere in your car?
Exactly or an Iphone or a droid or a Ipod
Old 09-20-2018, 05:00 PM
rogergcam
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
The OP offers up a solution for a problem he had, and graciously offers it up to others who might have the same problem, and just like ringing the bell, the pavlov's dogs of the C7 forum appear with their bullshit, comments.

and you wonder why people think of you as arrogant ********????

Let me fill you in, it's a reputation you earn every single day....
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by rogergcam:
$$$frumnuttin' (09-22-2018), SRQ Vette (09-30-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 05:38 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 716 Likes on 484 Posts

Old 09-20-2018, 05:39 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 716 Likes on 484 Posts

I velcroed mine to the transmission tunnel. Sounds great, works fine and no skips. Cord reaches USB port in console. Discrete.

Pleased with purchase.

Last edited by NashvilleGrandSport; 09-20-2018 at 05:40 PM.
AORoads (09-23-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 06:01 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by fourmat
Exactly or an Iphone or a droid or a Ipod
here we go again...the "just put your content on....." is an absolute pain in the *** when you have hundreds of CDs....how many times do I have to say it? LMAO!
ptalar (09-30-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 06:03 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport

I velcroed mine to the transmission tunnel. Sounds great, works fine and no skips. Cord reaches USB port in console. Discrete.

Pleased with purchase.
cool idea, I like that better....gonna copy your clever approach....
AORoads (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 12:45 AM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

here we go again...the "just put your content on....." is an absolute pain in the *** when you have hundreds of CDs....how many times do I have to say it? LMAO!
You carry hundreds of CDs in your car?

Get notified of new replies

To Our prayers have been answered - CD player

Old 09-23-2018, 03:22 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by JGarland
You carry hundreds of CDs in your car?
I listen to the same one for months....

If you must know, I keep about 5 in the trap door....as I said many times, the C7 environment while driving down the road is not musically suitable for listening....too much road noise etc. the bits and bites do not matter unless you are at home on your audio system. but, you already knew that, correct?
Old 09-23-2018, 04:19 PM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

If you must know, I keep about 5 in the trap door....as I said many times, the C7 environment while driving down the road is not musically suitable for listening....too much road noise etc. the bits and bites do not matter unless you are at home on your audio system. but, you already knew that, correct?
Well there you go. Just copy those 5 CDs to whatever. You don't need to do the other 195.

If you do that, you wont even have to switch out the disk to change songs.

Woodson (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:52 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Not going to take forever to rip 5 cd’s.

Quick Reply: Our prayers have been answered - CD player