C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone had a problem with A/C blowing warm air only on the passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 01:48 AM
jellsworth19
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone had a problem with A/C blowing warm air only on the passenger side?

Hello, I have a 2015 Z06 that's blowing warm air on the passenger side while the driver side blows cold. Could this be a faulty blend actuator? If so, does it require removing the dash to replace?

Any hep would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-11-2018, 10:12 AM
BELVIN20
Burning Brakes

Received 516 Likes on 304 Posts

In the past Corvetts, when that issue has happened it has been a low refrigerant issue, how ever if you have temp setting for passenger side a blend door for the passenger side could be failed in the heat mode,
Old 08-12-2018, 07:53 AM
jellsworth19
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by BELVIN20
In the past Corvetts, when that issue has happened it has been a low refrigerant issue, how ever if you have temp setting for passenger side a blend door for the passenger side could be failed in the heat mode,
Thanks for your response BELVIN20. So in your opinion, a malfunctioning blend door only effects "heat" mode?
Old 08-12-2018, 10:12 AM
tim32311
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

As stated above many Corvettes in the past (and other GM vehicles also) experienced same symptoms when the refrigerant was low OR when the blend door malfunctioned. I wrestled with the blend door on my C5 vette and when that didn't fix it recharged the a/c refrigerant and voila! Cold a/c. In hindsight it would have been cheaper and easier to just recharge refrigerant from the start.

Tim
Old 08-12-2018, 12:03 PM
jellsworth19
Heel & Toe

Ok thanks guys! I'll try recharging the a/c.

Anyone try this themselves or just take to dealer? The re-charge port is buried between the firewall, valve cover & dry sump!
Old 08-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

This is obvious but you don't have the thermo up high on the right with the duel zone climate control?
Old 08-12-2018, 03:58 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by jellsworth19
Ok thanks guys! I'll try recharging the a/c.

Anyone try this themselves or just take to dealer? The re-charge port is buried between the firewall, valve cover & dry sump!
Could be low refrigerant or blend door malfunction or control malfunction. I would suggest simply letting the dealer repair, particularly if you're still under warranty.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:53 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

(16 Z). Just had this fixed 2 wks. ago at dealer. Mine was driver side (all vents) at random begin to blow warm to hot air while driving & the pax. side vents continuing to blow ice cold air. I swung into dealers one day while it was doing this, cause we all know the "can't duplicate" dodge. Service Manager jumped in driver seat, put his hand to those vents-then pax. side. Yep, he says, blend door problem. There are 2 blend doors (each side, I believe), one for A/C coil, one for heater coil. When the heater coil blend door sticks or moves to open while driving with A/C on you get either a "blend of cold/heat or all heat". They kept it for 4 hrs & all has been great since. Looked up several sites on web concerning "blend door malfunctions" before going to dealer to educate myself so I knew what I was talking about. This was not the one where the plastic cog's teeth break off & cause noise & malfunction. Should be an easy fix. If it was refrigerant you would get warm/hot air from both sides. As one poster said, make sure pax. side is synced & if not synced, make sure it's not set to a much higher temp than driver side-how embarrassing that would be at dealer! Good luck & come back with results from dealer.

Last edited by madrob2020; 08-12-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:32 PM
jellsworth19
Heel & Toe

Thanks madrob2020! I will most definitely take it to the dealer and have them check those blend doors. You mentioned 4 hrs... did they have to pull the dash apart?

And no, the pass side is NOT set to a higher (warmer) temp. Thanks again!
Old 08-12-2018, 09:46 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by jellsworth19
You mentioned 4 hrs... did they have to pull the dash apart?
I let them give me a ride home, so didn't watch & didn't ask either-sorry. Damn-just checked my service record from that visit & it says it was HVAC/Radio controls malfunction & was replaced. I would never have guessed that! But I guess that malfunction still caused the blend doors to not operate properly.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:07 AM
jellsworth19
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by madrob2020
I let them give me a ride home, so didn't watch & didn't ask either-sorry. Damn-just checked my service record from that visit & it says it was HVAC/Radio controls malfunction & was replaced. I would never have guessed that! But I guess that malfunction still caused the blend doors to not operate properly.
Ok wow! I'll have them check the controls.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone had a problem with A/C blowing warm air only on the passenger side?

Quick Reply: Anyone had a problem with A/C blowing warm air only on the passenger side?