The dreaded GS brake dust problem - Page 4 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The dreaded GS brake dust problem

Old 10-11-2018, 01:07 PM
MMD
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
I would recommend trying the OEM pads on your car before switching. Doesn't cost anything to try them. I found that the brake dust problem is essentially a non issue on the Z51 (same pads). I used to get a little dust on the Miata but just wiped it every couple weeks. No corrosion, no staining. With the Z51, same thing. Just drove 80 miles city/highway mix and I couldn't notice any dust on the wheels (painted silver color). If wipe my finger, some dust is there. Just not objectionable at all (to me).

I love the way the OEM brakes stop the car. Not worth it for me at this point to switch. Your mileage may vary.
I am vert familiar with Brembos. No thanj you. They do perform very well but the dust problem is just not worth the effort. You'll change you mind some day.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:13 PM
Flh Den
Chief of Security
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by MMD View Post

I am vert familiar with Brembos. No thanj you. They do perform very well but the dust problem is just not worth the effort. You'll change you mind some day.
Loved the way they stopped and I thought I could easily keep up with the dust issue. After a 650-mile weekend getaway, I realized they had to go. Chrome wheels were black and the barrels looked like they were painted black. I am a cleaning freak but this was ridiculous .
Old 10-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Submerge
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Flh Den View Post
Loved the way they stopped and I thought I could easily keep up with the dust issue. After a 650-mile weekend getaway, I realized they had to go. Chrome wheels were black and the barrels looked like they were painted black. I am a cleaning freak but this was ridiculous .
I'll change them if it becomes an issue. Not an issue yet. Like I said YMMV :-)
Old 10-11-2018, 01:30 PM
jimjimsC7
CF Senior Member

Really happy I checked the Z07 option...

Old 10-11-2018, 01:35 PM
MMD
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimjimsC7 View Post
Really happy I checked the Z07 option...
Let me see, do I want to go on a trip with my family to Hawaii, or do I want a set of ceramic brakes??? Hmmmm....tough decision. 🤔🤔🤔

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: