Sponsored by:

Recommendations for buying offer

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 03:21 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Below is a good article, and it may help explain why a dealer that sold 49 corvettes from Jan-June 2018 cannot offer you the same lowest price as the dealer that sold 503 corvettes in the same period. It's not a level playing field, and just like Wal-Mart ate every local mom & pop retailers lunch and grows bigger, the mega Vette dealer can go as low as you want to pay, and the local dealer will just wave good-bye as you walk away.

Car Buying myths that refuse to die.

Don't be afraid of setting foot outside of Florida to purchase. Dealers in Detroit and St. Louis have processed my Vette purchasing papers with the Florida DMV; even transferring plates to save me couple hundred bucks. And both out of state dealers did it without charging me the exorbitant "Dealer Fees" that Florida dealers are so fond of racking up on the sales invoice. I've also bought new Toyota's and Mercedes out of state, and had zero problems getting all three makes serviced at Fort Lauderdale dealerships. I've never had to stand in line at a Florida DMV, or worse, those satellite for-profit DMV juniors for a new car purchase out of state; but did experience the nightmare of doing so once for a used Porsche I bought out of state.

My wife and I enjoy the car buying trips, (mini-vacations) Big Rent a car places bow down and bless you when you request to drive a car one-way OUT of Florida. Their lots are full of tourista's rides having done the Florida destination one-way. We've never had a bad experience with an out of state dealer, 7 purchases and counting. But I was treated like an imbecile at a local dealership in Kendall in 2017; it's just hard to strike a deal with the amount of dollars showing up in suitcases from out of town and country buyers. Good luck on your buying experience!
Good article. What do you do with a trade in?
Old 08-17-2018, 06:54 AM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

I purchased mine exactly the same as yours without NPP.I paid $49,250 so with NPP your paying about right.Not sure why your going with the base but I did because I put many aftermarket stuff on mine which was A lot cheaper.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Pinchy
Thanks for all the replies and advice.

I went there today and made my offer. They responded with $51,000 is the best they could do. I replied good luck with that considering the car has been sitting over a year. When I saw the color in person I didn't really like it anyway so I didn't push harder on the price. I am going to look at 2019s and get exactly what I want.
I live in Florida (Vero Beach). You didn't say what dealer you went to. Please post. It shouldn't be some dark secret.

Bomnin down in the Miami area advertises essentially the same prices as the forum dealers. Their advertised prices on in stock cars were much lower than the other Florida dealerships that I sought prices from which were Dyer, Stingray, Rosner, Jim Browne and Carl Black. In late 2017, Bomnin didn't have any 2018 post plant upgrade cars in stock (only 2017s) so I ordered through MacMulkin (won't do that again) but that is a long story.

Bomnin has $1300 in fees but when you factor that in, the price is very close to what the forum dealerships have. Bomnin usually has over a hundred Corvettes on their lot and are a top 5 dealership in terms of volume so they must sell a lot at good discounted prices. Here is an example

http://www.bomninchevrolet.com/Vehic...-FL/3165882553

Last edited by Frosty; 08-17-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:07 PM
DrivesWithTwoFeet
Drifting

Received 892 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Frosty
I live in Florida (Vero Beach). You didn't say what dealer you went to. Please post. It shouldn't be some dark secret.

Bomnin down in the Miami area advertises essentially the same prices as the forum dealers. Their advertised prices on in stock cars were much lower than the other Florida dealerships that I sought prices from which were Dyer, Stingray, Rosner, Jim Browne and Carl Black. In late 2017, Bomnin didn't have any 2018 post plant upgrade cars in stock (only 2017s) so I ordered through MacMulkin (won't do that again) but that is a long story.

Bomnin has $1300 in fees but when you factor that in, the price is very close to what the forum dealerships have. Bomnin usually has over a hundred Corvettes on their lot and are a top 5 dealership in terms of volume so they must sell a lot at good discounted prices. Here is an example

http://www.bomninchevrolet.com/Vehic...-FL/3165882553
I contacted them a couple weeks ago. Their fees are $899 dealer fee, $399 electronic filing fee and $299 for mandatory wheel locks. So adding these to their internet price is still a good deal. However, I told them I was driving four hours to their dealership and I requested they send me an out the door signed sales contract and they refused. They assured me that was the price. I responded I didn't want any surprises on the price once I arrived. But since they have several in stock that I like I will most likely just drive down there and see what happens.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:49 PM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Pinchy
I contacted them a couple weeks ago. Their fees are $899 dealer fee, $399 electronic filing fee and $299 for mandatory wheel locks. So adding these to their internet price is still a good deal. However, I told them I was driving four hours to their dealership and I requested they send me an out the door signed sales contract and they refused. They assured me that was the price. I responded I didn't want any surprises on the price once I arrived. But since they have several in stock that I like I will most likely just drive down there and see what happens.
Interested to know what happens. I would fight them on the wheel locks as that is not listed in their ads like the other fees. Tell them to take them off the car
Old 08-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,601 Likes on 5,560 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
1LTs, are not a desirable trim level - unless you're really short of financing. I'd not buy less than a 2LT trim level. That said, -20% off MSRP.
Originally Posted by RoadVettes
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. Many of us feel that the 1LT trim is everything that we need/want without opting for other things we may not need.
You don't have to feel sorry about disagreeing with Skid Row Joe as he thrives on disagreement, why else would he continuously post such ridiculous comments.

In regard to the 1LT, it's a very popular C7 trim package and is everything many want on C7 or sportscar in general for that matter. Of course there's quite a bit of rhetoric here about 1LTs being a 'stripped down' version of the C7, however I wouldn't call the below 1LT feature listing stripped down' by any means.
1LT includes:
8” touchscreen, Bose AM-FM 9 speaker stereo, 3 month Sirius/XM,MP3, MyLink, OnStar, 4G LTE, 8” HD driver info screen, leather power GT sports seats, power break set/release, power locks/windows, active handling, dual-zone AC, keyless access/start, power tilt/telescopic, leather wrap steering w/flat bottom wheel, cruise control, tire pressure monitor, driver, passenger and side airbags, carbon fiber hood, Bremo 4-piston disc brakes, rear view camera, coup- body color painted carbon fiber roof panels, convertible- power soft-top which can be lowered remotely.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 08-18-2018 at 02:04 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kevin A Jones:
Frosty (08-18-2018), RoadVettes (08-18-2018), SuperdadZ06 (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 11:02 AM
blue max
Burning Brakes

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. Many of us feel that the 1LT trim is everything that we need/want without opting for other things we may not need.
Think resale resale the 2lt is always better. That's why there a lot of 1lt's left over now
Old 08-19-2018, 12:24 PM
RoadVettes
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blue max
Think resale resale the 2lt is always better. That's why there a lot of 1lt's left over now
I agree with you that from a resale point of view the 2LT will have more potential buyers because on the used market you can attract both the 1LT and 2LT shoppers. However I'm not sure that the $4500 +/- cost of the 2LT package will result in an additional $4500 as a used car. JMHO
Old 08-19-2018, 01:54 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

I agree with you that from a resale point of view the 2LT will have more potential buyers because on the used market you can attract both the 1LT and 2LT shoppers. However I'm not sure that the $4500 +/- cost of the 2LT package will result in an additional $4500 as a used car. JMHO
I got 12% off a new 2019 2 LT at Kerbeck. I am lucky enough to live about 90 minutes from them so it was not a hardship for me but I still had it shipped right to my detailer to prevent any road hazards prior to my XPEL going on. My local dealer could not compete.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,601 Likes on 5,560 Posts

I agree with you in that a 2LT may enjoy a bit broader market at resale, however don't expect to recoup a dime of the $4500 you paid for the package new.
The following users liked this post:
RoadVettes (08-19-2018)

Quick Reply: Recommendations for buying offer