Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "little options"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:18 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

I'll say this for myself Mayor111. I bought a base because my wife and I travel. I mean travel a lot! I wanted a Z06 at the time I bought the base. The ride was to rigid in tour mode, etc. on the Z06. The base fit the bill. Now let's advance in time. My son bought a 2017 Z06 and got the update to the Mag ride. Fantastic! It rides pretty much like mine in tour.....so I am soon going to buy one for myself, or a ZR1. I'll have to find a way to test drive a ZR1 one first to see how tour is with it first of all. If it rides nicely for the wife? ZR1 here I come! Otherwise the Z06 will do very nicely. Different strokes for different folks as they say. And I might say this base I have has been blast and I could live with it no problem. Best car I have ever owned.
PS. I hope the grandkids like Corvettes, because they will be part of their inheritance.

Last edited by joemessman; 09-30-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:37 PM
Allen_B
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Only one that jumped out for me was the red seat belts.
Got a call from Mike Furman that he had a car that was a 99% match to what I "thought" I wanted, the seat belts being one of the things I hadn't selected. It was an option on my car that I would not have checked the box but in reality, really like them...

Old 09-30-2018, 08:00 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Funny how this thread got ugly. Vette owners on the road are so friendly! I mean that- my wife and I always get thumbs up!

Back to Op, I didn’t read every response but I got your point.

Id say The Vette is a show car for your personality so get what you like. If you ask others who have an option, they can only give their opinion.

Mine is from your list:
Performance air intake $690 — not really worth it unless you’ve got the other “goods”
Battery protection package $100 — much better and cheaper drip chargers out there
Painted calipers $595– I have in yellow to match my car and love it
Underhood stingray liner $280– don’t have but I wouldn’t
Body color z51 spoiler $600— don’t have but I wouldn’t for the rest
Aero panel (front spoiler) $175
Molded splash guards $220
Red seat belts $395
Premium floor mats $165
Door sill plates $275
Personalized plaque $200
Cargo mat with logo $205
Storage bag for roof panel $130

other little things I would get:
front camera
ventilated seats
pdr
Color stitching — someone had great DIY for 10 bucks
car cover if keep outdoors

On a separate note, I upgraded from c7 Gs to Z so I love the Z widebody! And yellow color !

Last edited by Parcival; 09-30-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:11 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost

this the best in whatever color U want. One good turn deserves another.

Uchida 222-C-5 Marvy Deco... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018NBD90?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Last edited by Parcival; 09-30-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:17 PM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2,899 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayor111
You not only misread my the point behind my post, but I dont own a GS or a Z06...but thanks for input... Ill also add this - if you truly could afford a ZR1 (and I dont mean out $1000 down on a $139,000 loan)...then you would never just buy a base Vette. Nothing wrong with a base Vette...but dont say something stupid to justify your purchase...
Yep there is nothing wrong with a base Vette especially if that's all you can afford right?
Old 10-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Allen_B
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE
Yep there is nothing wrong with a base Vette especially if that's all you can afford right?
Passive aggressive much?
Old 10-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Vette Buddy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke-44
As a total newby to corvettes considering ordering my first vette, I have found a lot of good info with a lot of discussion centering around the big decisions - a base car or upgrade trim level, a z06, a Grand Sport etc, color, manual vs auto, etc which I have also found interesting.

But my question has more to do with the "little options", those that personalize the car but don't break the bank. I've run through my build as I'd like it, starting with a base car and then added the following, trying to keep below a $1k cost of a single option, <$5k in total.

So, setting the big questions aside, what say you all to a base car trimmed out as below ($3900 in options). Do most folks pass on these items, are they very popular no brained that everyone selects, or does it usually just fall to what the dealer chose to order for his stock?

In summary I'm curious how popular these "little options" options are, or aren't. Thanks in advance

Performance air intake $690
Battery protection package $100
Painted calipers $595
Underhood stingray liner $280
Body color z51 spoiler $600
Aero panel (front spoiler) $175
Molded splash guards $220
Red seat belts $395
Premium floor mats $165
Door sill plates $275
Personalized plaque $200
Cargo mat with logo $205
Storage bag for roof panel $130

I like my Torch red seat belts. I grin every time I see them. Sets off the black interior nicely. They came with the GS Heritage Package. 2nd set of Premium mats came with that package also.
I added molded splash guards cause I was grinding my teeth with all the sand and gravel these tires pick up and throw on your car.
I also added a rear cargo shade with logo.

Quick Reply: The "little options"