New 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:31 PM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by befree2spin
They actually want 54k plus another 2.5k in fees (programs that almost no one qualifies for) so 56,500! Also, they did not come across as very customer service oriented. I'm going to keep looking, but thanks for your assistance! I'm on Orlando, where is Bryceville?
West of Jacksonville not too far out of town. Not a lot of deals around here. You have a lot of dealers near you that sell a lot of vettes, plus you have independents with great reputations to work on them. Nothing like that around here. All the best with your search. You will find what you want, although you might have to travel for it. Sounds like the one you are looking at, the dealer must be related to pt barnum who once said there is a sucker born every minute. They've been waiting 3 years for the sucker, and might wait longer.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:50 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Received 627 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
I think you're wrong about the oil. My car is 2 years old from new, and has never had it's oil changed. Warranties don't void on oil with little or no miles on it. Lol!

The battery is covered 3yr/36K from the time it sells.

Radials do not get flat spots from setting - even if it did just sit in one place. So, you're wrong about that too.

I think a lot of people are making assumptions that aren't true about oil, tires, etc. My warranty is not void, any more than this 2016 up for sale new. #LOL!

You missed the part where they're charging another $2,500.00 or so on top of the firm price too. So you got that wrong too. 😛
From the GM user manual: "The engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and the oil life system must be reset."

I hope you don't run into any engine issues skid mark, lol.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:59 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,006 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by befree2spin
They actually want 54k plus another 2.5k in fees (programs that almost no one qualifies for) so 56,500! Also, they did not come across as very customer service oriented. I'm going to keep looking, but thanks for your assistance! I'm on Orlando, where is Bryceville?
^^^^^ and this answers your question as to why a dealer has a brand new 2016 on the lot. The forum dealers are selling the same 2019 car for just about 61,600. What person in their right mind would by a 3 model year old car for a savings of just $5100?
Old 08-21-2018, 11:59 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyjames21
From the GM user manual: "The engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and the oil life system must be reset."

I hope you don't run into any engine issues skid mark, lol.
You're nuts kennykeyboard, if you think oil goes bad on day number 366. But, you're probably that delusional. Lol!
Old 08-22-2018, 12:16 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Mayor111,

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but your posts are not based on anything I've read or experienced with running vehicles for almost 50 years. Your beliefs of radial tires development of flat spots is false. They don't
My car has 2K miles on it. You say the oil is bad? That's looney.. You claim that my clutch fluid needed to be checked at 2K, miles? Again, you're sounding looney.
Your beliefs about oil going bad inside 2 years is also 100% false. It doesn't go bad in even 5+ years.
Your beliefs about warranties being null and void is also false. Not to be mean, but everything you wrote is either false or you didn't read what you think you did.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 08-22-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:47 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

You're nuts kennykeyboard, if you think oil goes bad on day number 366. But, you're probably that delusional. Lol!
I'll try to type slowly so it really sinks in...

I posted a quote from the GM USER MANUAL - GM says you should change the oil AT LEAST once per year. If you have engine issues and you go to GM for warranty service and they find out you haven't changed the oil for 2 YEARS, good luck getting them to honor your warranty...

And radial tires can develop flat spots, especially high performance tires like the ones on our cars - look it up on the internet (or have a youngster do it for you if you're not familiar...).
Old 08-22-2018, 02:48 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Originally Posted by direct007
^^^^^ and this answers your question as to why a dealer has a brand new 2016 on the lot. The forum dealers are selling the same 2019 car for just about 61,600. What person in their right mind would by a 3 model year old car for a savings of just $5100?
I think they could probably talk skid mark into buying it, lol.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:41 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

I'll try to type slowly so it really sinks in...

I posted a quote from the GM USER MANUAL - GM says you should change the oil AT LEAST once per year. If you have engine issues and you go to GM for warranty service and they find out you haven't changed the oil for 2 YEARS, good luck getting them to honor your warranty...

And radial tires can develop flat spots, especially high performance tires like the ones on our cars - look it up on the internet (or have a youngster do it for you if you're not familiar...).
kennykeyboard,

I'll type real slow so that this'll lol sink in.

Radial tires do not develop flat spots. Maybe in your little world ALL radial tires do, but not in the real World.
Synthetic oil does not self destruct on day # 366, and, no warranty is voided on that day!
Really, you should seek help.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 08-22-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Radial tires do not develop flat spots.
Wrong.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=42

From that article:

"The longer tires remain stationary, the better they remember the position in which they were last parked. Tires on vehicles stored on the ground for many months can be permanently flat-spotted."

Old 08-22-2018, 05:27 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Originally Posted by Patman
Wrong.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=42

From that article:

"The longer tires remain stationary, the better they remember the position in which they were last parked. Tires on vehicles stored on the ground for many months can be permanently flat-spotted."
Maybe skid mark should change his user name to 'Wrong', lol.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:29 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

kennykeyboard,

Radial tires do not develop flat spots. Maybe in your little world ALL radial tires do, but not in the real World.
Synthetic oil does not self destruct on day # 366, and, no warranty is voided on that day!
As the other poster pointed out, you are wrong about the flat spots and we have shown you evidence.

As for the oil, the GM Manual states that your oil must be changed at least once per year (this is irrefutable, it's in the manual, if you can't read it ask someone to help you) - that means if you have an engine issue they can deny you warranty coverage because you did not follow the simple instructions they put in your user manual. They might take pity on a senile old lady like you though, and cover you anyway, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:35 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,950 Likes on 937 Posts

kennykeyboard,

Note to Self AND everyone - Do NOT buy a Vette owned by Skid Row...

This is how his for sale ad will look:
2017 Z06 For Sale
No oil changes done - NOT NEEDED CAUSE I SAID SO
No Clutch Fluid - NOT CHECKED CAUSE I SAID SO
Tires are Flat - BUT THEY DON'T GET FLAT CAUSE I SAID SO
No Warranty - GM Wont Honor it - but just IGNORE THAT - they'll do anything I ask cause Im RICH AND I SAID SO (many times)
No Service was done on the car cause I've been driving for 50 years and maintenance isn't necessary CAUSE I SAID SO
No Owners Manual included - I threw it out - it was BS anyway - kept telling me to change my oil, but you dont need a manual CAUSE I SAID SO
Now give me top dollar for a neglected car with zero maintenance FOR TWO REASONS:
1) CAUSE I'M RICH
2) CAUSE I SAID SO

Oh wait - here comes Skid's reply - ready for it? Its going to be something like - I'M SO RICH, I DON'T SELL MY VETTE, I JUST TRADE THEM IN FOR THE NEXT MOST EXPENSIVE CAR I CAN BRAG ABOUT ONLINE TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T GIVE A $HIT. I DONT CARE ABOUT DEPRECIATION CAUSE I'M RICH...CAUSE I SAID SO

Skid - you make me laugh brother - your crazy "CAUSE I SAID SO" logic just kills me... You're like Howard Stern - even though people hate him, they listen JUST because they want to hear what crazy crap he'll say next...thank you for always being entertaining.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:36 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

To get us back on track of helping the OP....

The car should not have a $70K MSRP if the only options it has is DSOM/Auto/PDR/Nav/Exhaust. Should be closer to $64,500 or so. Based on that and assuming the car has NOT been in service, so all warranties START when you drive it off the lot, I would offer $50K OUT THE DOOR.
The minute it's titled, it's 3 model years old.

Last edited by jimmyb; 08-22-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Maybe skid mark should change his user name to 'Wrong', lol.
His advice is actually dangerous. Telling people to run 87 octane and do 25,000 mile oil changes, he's completely nuts
Old 08-23-2018, 08:22 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Radial tires do not develop flat spots.
ummm ... yes they do and as a matter of fact it is quite common with performance tires
Old 08-23-2018, 10:27 AM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

My car has 2K miles on it. You say the oil is bad? That's looney.. You claim that my clutch fluid needed to be checked at 2K, miles? Again, you're sounding looney. Your beliefs about oil going bad inside 2 years is also 100% false. It doesn't go bad in even 5+ years.
SRJ: I don't know anything about radial flat spots, so I got nada; however, the oil. You are 100% correct that synthetic oil will not go bad even in 5+ years. That is if it is sitting in the jug. Once you introduce the running engine, you're getting thermal breakdowns, environmental contaminants, short cycling (5min trips), condensation, microscopic metal (plus a bunch of other stuff I don't remember). No, SRJ, with your 2k miles on the oil, you need it changed. It's funny to read that you've been wrong for over 50 years.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:06 PM
montanaman
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

As the other poster pointed out, you are wrong about the flat spots and we have shown you evidence.

As for the oil, the GM Manual states that your oil must be changed at least once per year (this is irrefutable, it's in the manual, if you can't read it ask someone to help you) - that means if you have an engine issue they can deny you warranty coverage because you did not follow the simple instructions they put in your user manual. They might take pity on a senile old lady like you though, and cover you anyway, but I wouldn't count on it.
I bought a "new "2017 last week that had been sitting in a show room for almost 2 years. They had to replace the battery when I was looking at it since it was dead. As far as the oil and the warranty goes. No way is GM going to penalize me for buying a new car that they did not change the oil for after a year of sitting. No way. If the engine drops out of the car tomorrow they will be putting a new one in under full factory warranty. As far as flat spots go I don't know. The car drives perfect in my opinion but I'm putting A/S 3's on anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To New 2016?

Old 08-23-2018, 10:13 PM
montanaman
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie
Yes, I would have concerns...

Big concern is that the tires are likely flat spotted from sitting so long and will never feel right no matter how many time they get re-balanced.

Another is the battery. Typical life of factory crappy AC Delco batteries are not that great in the first place, much less having to hassle with it now.

And also no oil chances for several years, when the factory requires a minimum of once a year to keep your warranty valid, which is certainly for good reason.

There is 3 years of depreciation already built in the minute you buy it.

It would need to be a ton of money off compared to the amount of money you can get off a new 2019, which is 3 years newer.

At $54k from $70 I would pass big time.

Not sure but I would assume that the C7's are not going to measure out that much differently in a few years because there were almost zero changes done to the car between 2016 and 2019. Will it be worth less than a 2018 or 19 in 5 years? Sure it will but I don't think it will be that drastic. The car is still being sold as new so car fax will show original owner and in service date. It comes with a full factory 3 year warranty just like any new car. Price wise is high. 50k ish might be a fair price.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

It's going to have the warble and most likely torque convertor problems.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:35 AM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
You cannot possibly come out ahead buying this car unless it is at least ten thousand cheaper than asking. Buy it today, drive it 5,000 miles by next spring, and you will be lucky if it is worth $40,000. Most likely less. This will soon be a five year old car. You would be far ahead buying a base 2019 or a heavily discounted 2018 with the equipment you want.
This says it all - and correctly so.

Quick Reply: New 2016?