C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review on a couple eBay parts (X pipe and carbon flash emblems)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
chronage
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Review on a couple eBay parts (X pipe and carbon flash emblems)

I like to try out eBay parts when 20% off any item coupons come up. Most sellers are required to have favorable return policies these days so I figure they're worth a shot. Last month I bought an x-pipe and carbon flash emblems (excluding lettering/rays).

X-pipe ($180 shipped)

Finish was good. Machine welds are solid. Unfortunately fitment was not good. I think the one I got was tweaked in shipping or defective because I couldn't get the rear part to slide onto the muffler pipes completely. Messed around with it for hours before calling it quits. I've read others have installed these successfully so maybe it's hit or miss. Returned for full refund. Will go with Borla.

Carbon flash emblems ($20 shipped)

These are good replicas. The size is exact when overlayed and they have 3M VHB backing. The tiny chevy logo on the rear emblem looks off but that's the only thing wrong I could find.

The following 2 users liked this post by chronage:
Rebel Yell (02-02-2019), SilverGhost (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

Thanks for the review on the Ebay X-pipe. I was wondering what the difference really could be. I think I'll be going for the Borla as well now.
The following users liked this post:
chronage (08-24-2018)
Old 02-01-2019, 10:57 PM
JT Corvette
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chronage
I like to try out eBay parts when 20% off any item coupons come up. Most sellers are required to have favorable return policies these days so I figure they're worth a shot. Last month I bought an x-pipe and carbon flash emblems (excluding lettering/rays).
Carbon flash emblems ($20 shipped)

These are good replicas. The size is exact when overlayed and they have 3M VHB backing. The tiny chevy logo on the rear emblem looks off but that's the only thing wrong I could find.
got any pics installed? What vendor?

Get notified of new replies

To Review on a couple eBay parts (X pipe and carbon flash emblems)

Quick Reply: Review on a couple eBay parts (X pipe and carbon flash emblems)