Sponsored by:

Instrument Display Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 127 Posts

Default Instrument Display Question

I have noticed some pics of the dash instrumentation displaying "Sport Mode" instrumentation, however the Mode is in "Touring". How do you set this up?
Old 08-28-2018, 08:20 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Turn the mode select button. See page 197 in the owners manual.

See also Link to Drive mode on page 101.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:23 PM
Sixgun95
Drifting

How do I get this display? Using mode select I can only get this instrumentation display in "Sport Mode". Notice this one has the "T".
Old 08-28-2018, 09:42 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,046 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

That setup and locking it in was the first thing I did to our then-new 2017, now a year ago and I forget how I did it.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:51 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sixgun95

How do I get this display? Using mode select I can only get this instrumentation display in "Sport Mode". Notice this one has the "T".
Did you bother to read the section about Link to Drive Mode? Apparently not. What you are showing is called Sports Mode. It's active in Tour Mode because Link to Drive Mode is not set. When you set Link to Drive Mode and then go to Tour (or Eco or Weather mode) you'll see the Tour Mode display. When you go to Sport Mode you'll see this mode displayed and when you go to Track Mode you'll see Track Mode displayed. That's what "Link to Drive Mode" means and apparently you have that set.

If instead you turn that off then you can select one "scene" (Tour, Sport or Track) which is displayed in all Drive Modes.

Next time read more thoroughly and do some experimentation. Teaching a man to fish and all...
The following users liked this post:
speedlink (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 01:18 AM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Originally Posted by defaria
Did you bother to read the section about Link to Drive Mode? Apparently not. What you are showing is called Sports Mode. It's active in Tour Mode because Link to Drive Mode is not set. When you set Link to Drive Mode and then go to Tour (or Eco or Weather mode) you'll see the Tour Mode display. When you go to Sport Mode you'll see this mode displayed and when you go to Track Mode you'll see Track Mode displayed. That's what "Link to Drive Mode" means and apparently you have that set.

If instead you turn that off then you can select one "scene" (Tour, Sport or Track) which is displayed in all Drive Modes.

Next time read more thoroughly and do some experimentation. Teaching a man to fish and all...
I did actually, p.99. Still can't find where it describes where in the menu the selection is located, but will figure it out. Appreciate the reply, could of lived without the sarcasm. Not sure why you wasted your time answering. Evidently you know it all! Sometimes its good to give a man a fish....satisfying their hunger.....and then teach them to fish. Think about it!
The following 2 users liked this post by Sixgun95:
Corgidog1 (09-01-2018), rogergcam (08-31-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 03:44 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

I'm confused too, with what does what in the center round display. I use the MSRC, (Magnetic Ride Control) round selector on the console for Eco/Sport/Tour/Track/Weather, but know nothing else about it. I'll read the Owners Manual someday if I want to learn about it, but, sometimes folks can quickly zero in and answer Qs, on the forum better than trying to understand the stupid manual written by an idiot in a cubicle somewhere. Besides, not one person here that preaches reading and following approved recommendations contained in the Owners Manual, actually follows or believes in the Owners Manual anyway. Yes, I have an example. 😊
Sixgun95 (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 04:01 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

That "T" is the driving mode he is in. As in Economy, Weather, Tour, Sport, Track. Anyway, do the following to link the style you prefer by doing the following. Use the left arrow and go to settings (bottom option).
Then scroll down to Display and choose the right arrow.
You should then have a selection for Auto, Sport, Tour and Track. Or something like that.
Pick the mode you want.
Now go back to the menu on the left (Left arrow twice I believe).
Now arrow up to PERF and select it.
You should have the display looking like you prefer.

Last edited by joemessman; 08-29-2018 at 04:02 AM.
Sixgun95 (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 08:46 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,810 Likes on 2,058 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

On the steering wheel, press the left arrow to get the menu, arrow down to display, press center button, look at selections select track or sport or whatever you want, select it. Arrow out of menu.

Elmer
The following 2 users liked this post by eboggs_jkvl:
beaversstonehaven (08-31-2018), Sixgun95 (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 08:48 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,810 Likes on 2,058 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

These buttons
Old 08-29-2018, 10:08 AM
defaria
Safety Car

I did actually, p.99. Still can't find where it describes where in the menu the selection is located, but will figure it out. Appreciate the reply, could of lived without the sarcasm.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Not sure why you wasted your time answering.
I'm beginning to wonder that myself... Since even you think it's wasting my time I'll stop helping. There, feel better?

Evidently you know it all!
Now that doesn't follow at all. I never said I know it all nor do I think that. Why would you say that? Probably some weird kind of saving face or whatever. In any event it's your problem to deal with because I didn't say it nor do I think it. It's in your mind only.

Sometimes its good to give a man a fish....satisfying their hunger.....and then teach them to fish. Think about it!
I'm not here to satisfy your hunger.

Good luck fishing for the answer on your own.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:12 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
I'm confused too, with what does what in the center round display. I use the MSRC, (Magnetic Ride Control) round selector on the console for Eco/Sport/Tour/Track/Weather, but know nothing else about it. I'll read the Owners Manual someday if I want to learn about it, but, sometimes folks can quickly zero in and answer Qs, on the forum better than trying to understand the stupid manual written by an idiot in a cubicle somewhere.
Pretty damn judgmental about somebody and something you really don't know anything about.

Besides, not one person here that preaches reading and following approved recommendations contained in the Owners Manual, actually follows or believes in the Owners Manual anyway. Yes, I have an example. 😊
When you say "not one person" you're gonna need a lot more than an example. I actually follow and believe in what the Owners Manual says and just being one person who does kills your "not one person" qualification.
speedlink (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 10:25 AM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

I have noticed some pics of the dash instrumentation displaying "Sport Mode" instrumentation, however the Mode is in "Touring". How do you set this up?
Others have helped. Get familiar with that 4-way arrow on the right side of the steering wheel. Basically it’s “push the left arrow to access the menu”. Then up/down to different menus (Info, Performance, Audio, etc). Choose a menu with center button (middle of 4-way). Up/down through the options on that menu; sometimes there’s stuff to the right which you can access by pressing the right button.

For example to drive in Tour but use Sport display, as others said go to menu for options I think it’s called and divorce drive mode from display mode. You can then choose Weather, Eco, Tour, Sport or Track but have whichever display mode you like regardless.

Similar to the above you can also go into the radio Settings from the home page, and find the ability to set the exhaust as you like (if you have the NPP upgraded exhaust) so for example you can have track mode all the time like me. :-). Then you can also divorce the steering effort level from the drive mode as well, so say you have can have a stiffer wheel (Track) while driving in softer suspension (Tour) mode.

Hope that helps!
Sixgun95 (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 03:46 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Thanks to my elders here, eboggs and joemessman, I'm willing to try getting familiar with the steering wheel functions on the C7.

I'm new to steering wheel functions every time I drive my various vehicles. My Mercedes Benz, is still a mystery every time I drive it with all it's various functions located on either side of the steering wheel.
The C7's cruise control - I pretty much have got it down, but it doesn't have the 'Coast' function. Every car/truck I've ever owned since 1979 has had the Coast function. Doesn't make sense not to have the button to Coast.

It's not making sense as to why the same function selections are duplicated by the console selector, and steering wheel switches controlling ride. That's confusing.

I came to the conclusion of idiots in cubicles writing product usage instructions as being detached from the process. I'm rather certain none of them own C7s. I'm also rather certain that some professional fishermen, fail miserably as Internet instructors.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 08-29-2018 at 03:49 PM.
joemessman (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 04:01 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Pushing and holding the bottom cruise set button doesn’t result in coasting?
Old 08-29-2018, 04:07 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Thanks to my elders here, eboggs and joemessman, I'm willing to try getting familiar with the steering wheel functions on the C7.

I'm new to steering wheel functions every time I drive my various vehicles. My Mercedes Benz, is still a mystery every time I drive it with all it's various functions located on either side of the steering wheel.
The C7's cruise control - I pretty much have got it down, but it doesn't have the 'Coast' function. Every car/truck I've ever owned since 1979 has had the Coast function. Doesn't make sense not to have the button to Coast.

It's not making sense as to why the same function selections are duplicated by the console selector, and steering wheel switches controlling ride. That's confusing.

I came to the conclusion of idiots in cubicles writing product usage instructions as being detached from the process. I'm rather certain none of them own C7s. I'm also rather certain that some professional fishermen, fail miserably as Internet instructors.
If I understand your definition of coast button, it is right in the middle of the Resume and Set buttons. Push it and cruise control is off until you press resume, or set at another speed. So if you press that button between both of those you will be coasting and slowing down.
About this subject:
"It's not making sense as to why the same function selections are duplicated by the console selector, and steering wheel switches controlling ride. That's confusing."
The console selector puts you in one of five driving modes as in: economy, weather, tour, sport, and track. That effects your magnetic ride, throttle progression, steering, etc.
The buttons on the steering wheel are for how your driver information center appears, or looks. For Auto, Sport, Tour and Track. Auto will tie you to different display looks in when you are in Sport, Tour and Track. You can change as I stated in an earlier post to default to one those views regardless of what mode you are in. Confused enough? Just kidding.

Last edited by joemessman; 08-29-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:07 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

If you push the right wheel selector left and go down to setting and then thumb down you're see a selection for 'mode' or 'display' or scenes, something like that. Select Right and you'll see a dropdown of selections. Top one is Link to Driving Mode. You can select another mode to lock that mode in so whatever driving mode you select you'll have the same instrument cluster. 'Viola!

Get notified of new replies

To Instrument Display Question

Old 08-29-2018, 04:18 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

^^^^
OK.......thanks for the help Pdiddy.👍

Coast, to me, and all my other than Mercedes' going back to and including my new 1977 C3, should coast as you hold the button in. Then, upon release Sets at that lower speed. The C7, doesn't work that way - it cancels the cruise control. Resume, should reinstate your previous speed setting. I'm going to have to re-work the C7 cruise control buttons. Resume, with an M7, may be a disaster recovering the previous speed setting. I'm pensive about using cruise. Yes,, I realize that tapping the brake pedal disables, but doesn't turn Off, the cruise control module.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 08-29-2018 at 04:20 PM.
pdiddy972 (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 04:29 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by defaria
Pretty damn judgmental about somebody and something you really don't know anything about.

When you say "not one person" you're gonna need a lot more than an example. I actually follow and believe in what the Owners Manual says and just being one person who does kills your "not one person" qualification.
There's not one person that doesn't override the C7's Owners
Manual in one thread, then uses the Owners manual as Gospel in the next thread. In one thread, it's Religion, then thrown out the window in the next thread. If you haven't noticed that, you're not very observant.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:01 PM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Thanks to all of you in assisting. Had this car 5 mo. now and had no idea. The manual is vague at best, you would think it would clearly walk you through the steps to change the display. I thought the Mode Select was the only means of controlling the display. All figured out now, very happy to have figured this out. Great forum!

Quick Reply: Instrument Display Question