Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 01:14 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 917 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival

Dude u sound positively clueless:
1. If you knew better, you wouldn’t choose a guy’s retirement thread to spout sour grapes. Shows a lack of corporate EQ for sure;
2. Whatever you think happened at ZF, it sounds like it was presumed or communicated to GM that whoever you are were no bueno. Sorry. Maybe it was political. Maybe not. That’s the breaks;
3. I’ve heard of Mero, no idea who you are. Who wants to be the guy writing the code ? I’d rather be Niki Lauda driving and getting name recognition for Ferrari (Gm in this case) than the mechanic. You should have learned a thing or two from Mero instead of bashing him. That explains why you are who are...
I love when people don't read down before responding. Yay!
Old 09-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
I love when people don't read down before responding. Yay!
I'm good at what I do, so people don't care that I'm arrogant about it. When you are good at a task you can be arrogant, that's how life works. It's basically an earned privilege. When you are arrogant and are bad at something, that's when it's a problem. I'm highly critical of the automotive industry because....If that's a problem in your mind, you should reassess your values.
I did read- more silly stuff. You’re not arrogant - you’re just not very good ... maybe at pushing a few buttons but not clearly at life I guess u r ignored too much at work or home and thought you’d impress an anonymous forum!

Yay, Z51! :sarcasticcheer:

go Jim Mero!

Last edited by Parcival; 09-10-2018 at 01:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Crossed Flags Fan (09-14-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 01:49 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Received 975 Likes on 531 Posts

I'm good at what I do, so people don't care that I'm arrogant about it. When you are good at a task you can be arrogant, that's how life works. It's basically an earned privilege. When you are arrogant and are bad at something, that's when it's a problem. I'm highly critical of the automotive industry because I think it can, and should be better. If that's a problem in your mind, you should reassess your values.

I made a comment that was offhand, and people took it down this rabbit hole. No one had to say anything to me, it could have just been ignored. To use a cliche quote, don't hate the player, hate the game.
Your comments are not offhanded they're quite slyly calculated. Earned privilege, what a joke! It's very apparent you've moved on from arrogance to full blown narcissism. Oh and it doesn't matter how good you are at something (if you are??) people will avoid you. Speaking of being ignored, you now are.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:52 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Received 975 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Chance,

Do a search on DSC. There's enough material to keep you busy for quite some time.
That's "better". When someone says something's "better" and offers no explanation...
Old 09-10-2018, 02:51 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

I did read- more silly stuff. You’re not arrogant - you’re just not very good ... maybe at pushing a few buttons but not clearly at life I guess u r ignored too much at work or home and thought you’d impress an anonymous forum!

Yay, Z51! :sarcasticcheer:

go Jim Mero!
I don't think we are at all looking at the same conversation. Because you're conclusions don't make sense.

Whatever, I can't fix everyone. At some point you gotta want to improve as a person.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:54 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 2cnd Chance
Your comments are not offhanded they're quite slyly calculated. Earned privilege, what a joke! It's very apparent you've moved on from arrogance to full blown narcissism. Oh and it doesn't matter how good you are at something (if you are??) people will avoid you. Speaking of being ignored, you now are.
Ah I see, can't win the argument or even participate constructively, give up (after insulting the person) and ignore the opposing side. I'm actually quite OK with that, as you only miss out.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:58 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Chance,

Do a search on DSC. There's enough material to keep you busy for quite some time.
You're wasting your time. He doesn't want to learn things. He's here to rah rah GM and anything counter to that is egregious misconduct which should be silenced.

I'm constantly amazed at how people don't want to learn things, engage in constructive arguments, or even be criticized so they can become better as a person. It's quite shocking and actually poignantly explains our current society woes.

Oh well, back to our regularly scheduled Corvette Forum musings.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

I'm good at what I do, so people don't care that I'm arrogant about it. When you are good at a task you can be arrogant, that's how life works. It's basically an earned privilege. When you are arrogant and are bad at something, that's when it's a problem. I'm highly critical of the automotive industry because I think it can, and should be better. If that's a problem in your mind, you should reassess your values.

I made a comment that was offhand, and people took it down this rabbit hole. No one had to say anything to me, it could have just been ignored. To use a cliche quote, don't hate the player, hate the game.
Originally Posted by 2cnd Chance
I don't think we are at all looking at the same conversation. Because you're conclusions don't make sense.

Whatever, I can't fix everyone. At some point you gotta want to improve as a person.
Definitely in the right thread!

Hope Jim is enjoying himself, whereever he is!

Old 09-10-2018, 03:14 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Definitely in the right thread!

Hope Jim is enjoying himself, whereever he is!
So you're trying to insult me by complimenting me? I think you've got some projection issue with that demotivator. Perfectly functional here. Not afraid to be honest about myself, not perfect sure, but that's just because I'm comfortable with who I am.

I don't think people understand that arrogance and confidence are really the same thing presented from a different point of view. But confidence is good and arrogance is bad. It's actually a bit mind boggling how just a point of view change causes a behavior to have a different connotation and associated societal stimulus.

For the peanut gallery a classic example is the attraction phenomenon. When a person finds another person attractive quirks and eccentricities are considered cute and endearing. When the person finds another person unattractive, those same qualities are considered weird and creepy. Chew on that for a while and you'll understand why when you on here say arrogant, I read it as confidant.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:21 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

I had a chance to drive with Jim Mero at the Milford Proving Grounds........I lived!! What a drive, I will never forget it. Congratulations to Jim and I know many will miss him at GM.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,932 Likes on 2,421 Posts

This is a pretty cool video with Jim Mero talking about the C7. Lots of good stuff.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

You're wasting your time. He doesn't want to learn things. He's here to rah rah GM and anything counter to that is egregious misconduct which should be silenced.

I'm constantly amazed at how people don't want to learn things, engage in constructive arguments, or even be criticized so they can become better as a person. It's quite shocking and actually poignantly explains our current society woes.

Oh well, back to our regularly scheduled Corvette Forum musings.
I'm not sure why you're beating up on Foosh but I'll try to give you a short version of what is in the very long threads on the DSC controller. The big thing that makes the DSC controller better is that it can dynamically adjust the shock curve based on a variety of sensor data including Gs, brake pressure, accelerator rate of change, and speed. My understanding of the GM factory controller is that it has a fixed suspension map per mode. That said, I am very happy with the stock suspension tune in my 2019 ZR1. I am also a big fan of what Jim has done in tuning the C7 platform and I hope to meet him some day and buy him a beer - hopefully at the track.

Psst… if you're listening Jim is there any chance you can tell me the spring rates and motion ratios for the FEB suspension?
The following 2 users liked this post by Poor-sha:
Foosh (09-11-2018), Lavender (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 06:07 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I'm not sure why you're beating up on Foosh but I'll try to give you a short version of what is in the very long threads on the DSC controller. The big thing that makes the DSC controller better is that it can dynamically adjust the shock curve based on a variety of sensor data including Gs, brake pressure, accelerator rate of change, and speed. My understanding of the GM factory controller is that it has a fixed suspension map per mode. That said, I am very happy with the stock suspension tune in my 2019 ZR1. I am also a big fan of what Jim has done in tuning the C7 platform and I hope to meet him some day and buy him a beer - hopefully at the track.

Psst… if you're listening Jim is there any chance you can tell me the spring rates and motion ratios for the FEB suspension?
I'm agreeing with Foosh! I'm beating up on the guy he's trying to help saying it's a waste of time.

SHHEEESSHH! Can you guys READ?
Foosh (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 12:52 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

In typical Corvette Forum style, what started as a nice thread paying homage to a guy (Jim) that 99% of us know only from afar, gets turned into a BS laden big d$ck contest.

So...
Congratulations to Jim on his retirement, I hope you enjoy the time with your family and your CONTRIBUTIONS to the GOODNESS of Corvettes is greatly appreciated
plasboy (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha

I completely agree that Jim Mero's new calibrations are very good and said so above. I was happy with the upgrade when I took delivery of my new car. JM clearly closed the gap with DSC, but not completely. Whereas my 2014 was completely transformed when I installed the DSC, the differences were more subtle when I installed it my new car. Because of the dynamic adjustments the DSC makes based upon sensor data already in the car, it is still better.

That's not a shortcoming of Jim Mero's tuning, it's a difference in the capabilities of the OEM vs. DSC controller hardware, the latter of which is more sophisticated. GM could probably acquire the rights to the DSC proprietary tech if it wanted to.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-11-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:47 PM
plasboy
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
In typical Corvette Forum style, what started as a nice thread paying homage to a guy (Jim) that 99% of us know only from afar, gets turned into a BS laden big d$ck contest.

So...
Congratulations to Jim on his retirement, I hope you enjoy the time with your family and your CONTRIBUTIONS to the GOODNESS of Corvettes is greatly appreciated
Amen.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

So...
LOL . . . Correction, it's not "Corvette Forum style" it's every "internet forum style" on any topic I've ever seen. This one is no worse.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-11-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Jim Mero is retiring today

Old 09-11-2018, 06:58 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

LOL . . . Correction, it's not "Corvette Forum style" it's every "internet forum style" on any topic I've ever seen. This one is no worse.
I disagree. FerrariChat is very civil. The Alfa 4C forum is civil and fun. The SS Forum (with one member exception) is good and friendly (can you imagine THIS place with only ONE PITA??? It would be joyous!).
Old 09-11-2018, 09:01 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

I disagree. FerrariChat is very civil. The Alfa 4C forum is civil and fun. The SS Forum (with one member exception) is good and friendly (can you imagine THIS place with only ONE PITA??? It would be joyous!).
You've never been to a general site like GMInsideNews then. I posted there years ago, this place is tame next to a site like that.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:10 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

If you think this forum is bad try Harley forums......

Quick Reply: Jim Mero is retiring today