Sponsored by:

CorvetteForum dealers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 04:38 PM
SouthOCBoy
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
Regarding out of state purchases from California dealers......

I’ve read that one must pay the California sales taxes on any car purchased there as well as the state taxes of your own state once you get the car home. Not 100% sure on this, but it’s obviously worth checking out if you’re leaning in that direction. FWIW.
No you only pay your state sales tax.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:50 PM
SouthOCBoy
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbob76
Thanks very much for the information. I have actually communicated with Mike already and I was impressed also with his quick responses. Maybe my next questions should be about shipping costs and times.
I would first figure out exactly what you want then see if you can find it on a nearby lot. That way you can inspect the car in person. I did not have any problems with my car but I have heard horror stories about people taking deliveries with issues such as paint and dings. Also if it is on the lot the dealer wants to get rid of it so you will definitely get a better deal than you would if you ordered it; even from a forum dealer. If you're not that picky then a dealer lot is definitely the way to go. I knew I wanted a BLACK 3LZ M7 with chrome rims. No one had one the way I wanted so I ordered mine. I got a great deal from Mike & as I said earlier have no complaints. The waiting time can be brutal. Unfortunately I ordered when the plant was shut down last summer so it took me six months. But typical wait time on a courtesy deliver from what I hear is about 6 to 8 weeks. YMMV. Prices will range between $500 and $700. The two near you that would take courtesy delivery are Huntington Beach and Santa Ana. I got mine delivered to Santa Ana. Make some calls to see what they charge but I was very happy with my delivery process. You're in and out in about 30 minutes. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here's a link of my post when I took delivery from Santa Ana:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dered-one.html

Rob

Last edited by SouthOCBoy; 09-03-2018 at 04:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bigbob76 (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 12:31 AM
jtranger
Melting Slicks

Received 149 Likes on 116 Posts

You may find a better price and deal out of State. I did. A good shipper will get the car to you with no issues!
bigbob76 (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 12:43 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Boardwalk Chev. in Chico, CA. IIRC......
bigbob76 (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 09:46 PM
bigbob76
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthOCBoy
I would first figure out exactly what you want then see if you can find it on a nearby lot. That way you can inspect the car in person. I did not have any problems with my car but I have heard horror stories about people taking deliveries with issues such as paint and dings. Also if it is on the lot the dealer wants to get rid of it so you will definitely get a better deal than you would if you ordered it; even from a forum dealer. If you're not that picky then a dealer lot is definitely the way to go. I knew I wanted a BLACK 3LZ M7 with chrome rims. No one had one the way I wanted so I ordered mine. I got a great deal from Mike & as I said earlier have no complaints. The waiting time can be brutal. Unfortunately I ordered when the plant was shut down last summer so it took me six months. But typical wait time on a courtesy deliver from what I hear is about 6 to 8 weeks. YMMV. Prices will range between $500 and $700. The two near you that would take courtesy delivery are Huntington Beach and Santa Ana. I got mine delivered to Santa Ana. Make some calls to see what they charge but I was very happy with my delivery process. You're in and out in about 30 minutes. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here's a link of my post when I took delivery from Santa Ana:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dered-one.html

Rob
Thanks Rob, it looks like the wait was worth it!

Quick Reply: CorvetteForum dealers...