C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who else has ordred Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 11:15 AM
RedBaroness
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by z06inVB
Right now I’m really torn. Vert or coupe. SO or ELBM. If blue go with red seats? I am a 1LT guy so that part is simple. The rest not so much.

I Wish I could see ELBM. I was a huge fan of Admiral Blue but finding a 1LT MT vert now is near impossible. I know where one is but they are going 10% under MSRP. I have been offered 12% under to order and have heard of some getting 13% so I am still narrowing it down. If I could get the in stock AB for 12% off I would just buy it.

Ah to be so lucky to have these problems 😎

This is my ELBM build.

SO is a GREAT color as well. Frankly, I'm in love with the Elkhart color as it's so similar to Laguna which is super similar as well in tone/brightness as Sapphire Blue which I adore on the Porsche Macan and Caymans. I'm a blue fanatic. Got a silver and a gray car now, because that's what I found when I bought them and though I like them and I've had some other colors...this time it had to be EB. But if EB wasn't going to be an option....it would be a tough choice between SO and Admiral Blue (with yellow calipers...kind of that Blue Angels thing). SO would get a LOT of extra attention and it's just gorgeous! Good luck on your choice!
Old 09-11-2018, 11:35 AM
RedBaroness
Instructor

Originally Posted by Johnp94

Holy fudge that looks insane. Im glad they kept the rims the same.great luck with it. Im looking forward to the official elkhart lake blue thread.
I went over and over with the wheels and decided I really like the way the standard rims work with the blue and the kalahari. With some people reporting issues with the wheels both in bends and cracks and black with chips in the paint and powder coating working better, I figured I'd wait and see how things went as well.

I did get the carbon dash and plan a bit more carbon inside and adding a bit of the 3LZ kalahari, but I'm happy with the carbon flash on the outside.

WOOOOT!!!! Just heard back from my dealer.....TPW of 10/8/2018!

There will DEFINITELY be lots of pics, but before I do much beyond delivery test miles to make sure all works well is right on to paint correction, detailing and paint protection film! And gotta dig in and get me some winter tires and wheels for them....it's gonna be a year round car and if I leave the car at work overnight in freezing temps...it won't do the summer tires any good. I don't drive but about 100 miles per week and it won't go every week, but I don't want to lock it away for the cold....snow and salt yes....but not much of that in NC.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Matt@VanBortelChevy
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 175 Likes on 51 Posts

I can't wait to see it in person! We have 6 on order that are available- 2 Stingray's, 2 Grand Sports, and 2 Z06s! They all have a TPW of 10/15. The specs are on our website. www.vanbortelcorvettes.net

Old 09-11-2018, 05:05 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Matt@VanBortelChevy
I can't wait to see it in person! We have 6 on order that are available- 2 Stingray's, 2 Grand Sports, and 2 Z06s! They all have a TPW of 10/15. The specs are on our website. www.vanbortelcorvettes.net
Well that's annoying to hear....

(not blaming you for anything but I ordered through one of the Big 3 dealers and no TPW yet on my order although I know it's at 3000....)

Last edited by KenHorse; 09-11-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:15 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Hahaha,, wonder if my dealer reads this section

Just got my TPW of 10/8!
Old 09-12-2018, 03:51 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Hahaha,, wonder if my dealer reads this section

Just got my TPW of 10/8!
I am sure your happier now. How long to ship to the Far Left coast?
Old 09-12-2018, 11:01 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Dave80C3
I am sure your happier now. How long to ship to the Far Left coast?
I can only go by my experience when I ordered my 2014 Z51 in November, 2013. I took delivery the end of February, 2014. But that was the winter of major snow storms back east, the 2 week shutdown of BGA for Christmas/New Years and the rail car my car was on broke down and ended up spending an extra week in Idaho while it was repaired.

So...all things considered, I'm thinking I could take delivery anytime from Thanksgiving to New Years
Old 09-13-2018, 01:34 PM
silvertc6
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Curious if anyone else is buying this color?
I was in the process of ordering an Artic White GS on day the expectation of an new Elkhart Blue color was announced. Not being in a rush thought why not wait and see the new color. Glad I did, really like the metallic on the blue and now considering to place an order . Just need to decide on the color of the interior which now seems will most likely be black. Any suggestions on interior color with Elkhart Blue would be welcomed.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:44 PM
RedBaroness
Instructor

Originally Posted by silvertc6
I was in the process of ordering an Artic White GS on day the expectation of an new Elkhart Blue color was announced. Not being in a rush thought why not wait and see the new color. Glad I did, really like the metallic on the blue and now considering to place an order . Just need to decide on the color of the interior which now seems will most likely be black. Any suggestions on interior color with Elkhart Blue would be welcomed.
Although it seems maybe second popular to black, I'm going kalahari with mine....it's a stunning combo with Laguna Blue and kalahari as well to me if you search that out. Black to me was just too much black inside and that gives nice contrast. Gray would probably be nice as well, but I looked at them in person.....before the announcement I was going to go Admiral Blue with red leather interior, but after seeing it in person, the kalahari I was in love with.

Good luck in your selection!
The following users liked this post:
silvertc6 (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 01:48 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

As my C7 is/will be a DD, I chose Jet black
silvertc6 (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 01:57 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Well, I like black in that it doesn't show wear as much as the other colors (interior).

Last edited by billiam01; 09-13-2018 at 01:58 PM.
silvertc6 (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 03:14 PM
silvertc6
Racer

Originally Posted by RedBaroness
Although it seems maybe second popular to black, I'm going kalahari with mine....it's a stunning combo with Laguna Blue and kalahari as well to me if you search that out. Black to me was just too much black inside and that gives nice contrast. Gray would probably be nice as well, but I looked at them in person.....before the announcement I was going to go Admiral Blue with red leather interior, but after seeing it in person, the kalahari I was in love with.

Good luck in your selection!
Indeed, Kalahari looks like a great choice. I was thinking grey but put off by the fact the carpets would also be grey which being very light would easily show scuffs, reason was considering black. Many thanks for sharing your experience in actually seeing the colors first hand. Now have to consider Kalahari.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:00 PM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,875 Likes on 1,010 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

On our previous '16 Stingray in Laguna Blue we factory ordered it with the GRAY interior...... stunning, loved it. When GM bought the car back and had us factory order a new car, Laguna Blue was no longer available. Didn't care for the Admiral Blue.

My wife wants to see what the cost will be to trade in for a new Elkhart Blue with GRAY interior again.... We used to get tons of compliments on the Gray with LB. NO regrets....

Last edited by Strake; 09-13-2018 at 10:01 PM.
silvertc6 (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 09:20 AM
RedBaroness
Instructor

silvertc6, I've heard from quite a few people that the Lloyd's mats are much better than the special mats ordered with the cars and much better than the standard, plus lots more options on logos on them, so having a set of black mats ordered instead of using those in the car is my plan anyway. That way you get the color for the mats you want and I didn't order the special mat set either. Then you don't have to worry about light colored floor mats! The gray is a great color, soothing like kalahari is, but I grew up on those 80s exotic cars like the Countach and watching Magnum with the 308 and the tan leather is something I've always wanted. A little reading on here even from previous generations has lots of people saying a little regular wiping down and a bit of leather conditioner keeps the lighter colors looking great, same as the black.

I think you'll love the new Elkhart Blue from everything I've seen of it and the pieces of car painted that way, Strake. That gray interior will look great with it too!
proexpert (10-23-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 12:23 PM
silvertc6
Racer

RedBarones, Thanks for the most helpful info, and especially the picture clearing showing the grey carpet which speaks for itself, -grey is very nice interior indeed. Does anyone know if the Kalahari interior comes with Kalahari carpeting? Or is it just black? Either one of these colors seems would be a nice change from the black interior.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:46 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Whatever color interior you get, it will look much better with blue stitching!
Old 09-14-2018, 02:40 PM
RedBaroness
Instructor

You're welcome!

All pics of kalahari I've seen have black carpeting, which is okay for me. I am getting black floormats with the Z06 logo and Corvette crossed flag and a cargo area mat as well from Lloyd's. And if you got Lloyd's you could pick whatever color you want and they're less expensive than the upcharge carpets in the car on the order site and more customizable.

Kalahari with blue stitching might look a bit unusual and you have to do 3Lx to get colored stitching...else you do the cloth marker to get your color.

Gray with the blue stitching might be really cool though!

RedBarones, Thanks for the most helpful info, and especially the picture clearing showing the grey carpet which speaks for itself, -grey is very nice interior indeed. Does anyone know if the Kalahari interior comes with Kalahari carpeting? Or is it just black? Either one of these colors seems would be a nice change from the black interior.
silvertc6 (09-14-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To So who else has ordred Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic?

Old 10-23-2018, 02:58 AM
garrett454ss
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

I have an Elkhart Lake blue Z06 3LZ with black interior and silver wheels on order. TPW is 11/12. Had a 2015 laguna blue stingray but my wife and I rolled it coming home from dinner one night in 2016. Unfortunately it was after they discontinued laguna blue so we couldnt order a new one. We been waiting on a blue we liked and here it is!
Old 10-23-2018, 06:42 AM
RedBaroness
Instructor

Awesome! Blue with silver.....nice..... Glad to hear you're okay and that you've found something else you'll love!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:48 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Pics yet? Anyone receive their car yet?

Quick Reply: So who else has ordred Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic?