What would you add/change/remove and what is useless

Old 09-13-2018, 08:34 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Rain sensing wipers...
Not sure I ever understood the need for rain sensing wipers. See rain on the windshield? Turn the **** on the stalk and activate the wipers. Simple!

The following 2 users liked this post by ExRedRacer:
edved (09-13-2018), NoRuls (09-14-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 08:53 PM
Slynky
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Rain sensing wipers, really missed that from my bmw. Auto indexing side windows for when hatch is popped. Carbon fiber center console if getting carbon fiber dash. Blind spot mirrors or side cameras, gear selection shown in hud while in drive. Paddle on A8 that shift up and down on both sides...again miss that from bmw. Manual shifting on a8 from stick. Ac vent that went directly to vented seat fan. Brighter hud.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Tin-can
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

Add turn signal indicators (LEDs) in outside mirrors.

I have a small garage and power folding outside mirrors would be space saving and helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:40 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Curb feelers.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:44 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by defaria
Some good ones in there but on my M7 I see what gear I'm in in the HUD. That's probably just an automatic thing eh?
yeah it’s an A8 issue, but I think the newer ones do show what gear you are in when in drive.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:50 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
Not sure I ever understood the need for rain sensing wipers. See rain on the windshield? Turn the **** on the stalk and activate the wipers. Simple!
you are correct, but if your in a situation where it’s just randomly spitting rain it’s really nice to turn on wipers once and know that they will come on when it starts to spit rain again. I drove from NC to Connecticut last year on one of those days where it was spitting rain the whole drive, one mile sprinkling next mile nothing, next mile down pour. This repeated for 10 hours, turning off, on, faster, slower constantly got really old after the first hour!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:15 AM
NoRuls
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
You are exactly right! I had them disconnected from a Volvo I had. On, off, fast, slow, the thing was driving me crazy. I have the ability to reach the 3 inches to the wiper stalk!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:30 AM
ECSIII
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Most definitely would like power folding outside mirrors! Especially useful for car lifts with posts narrower than garage doors.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Anything u like
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd like to see the gap between the fender arches and tires reduced. The car sits low enough as is so I don't want the car lower, just the gap reduced. Would give the appearance of a lower stance.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:20 AM
JJLAI724
Pro

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Would like to see:
  • Blind spot indicators on the mirrors.
  • Better cup holders.
  • Remove the speedometer on the far left and put in some other useful gauges. With the HUD and center cluster, I don't need three speedometers in the car. Actually four if you run a R3 radar detector.
  • Indexing window when the rear hatch is open. But then again the power assist latch helps too.
  • One touch memory seat recall or exit. Why do we need to hold the button down.

Last edited by JJLAI724; 09-14-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:47 AM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by ECSIII
Most definitely would like power folding outside mirrors! Especially useful for car lifts with posts narrower than garage doors.
Yep, that's the one improvement that should have been standard on C5+.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:51 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,826 Posts

Add: The ability to adjust the steering stiffness while in PTM Wet
Old 09-14-2018, 02:21 PM
DracoDan
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Add:
The ability to have the car switch into weather mode when the wipers are on at a certain rate.
Have ECO by a sub mode of the weather/touring (why shouldn't I be able to have Eco and Weather mode at the same time?!).
Android Auto to HUD integration like others have said!
Option for better (forged) wheels, or make them part of the z07 package.
Option for black exhaust and lug nuts.
Make the PDR be able to record all the time (maybe even front and rear) and overwrite the data every X minutes/hours based on the size of the storage. This way it could act as a permanent dash cam.
Add remote start to the manual. It could simply check if the car is in neutral and e-brake set before it's allowed to start the engine. I'm sure lawyers would have a problem with this though...

Change:
Change the ancient resistive touch screen to a capacitive screen (like any modern smart phone screen).
Make Auto Rev Match on by default and stop using the paddles from the automatic for this.
Make the drive mode selection dial more intuitive, especially for sub modes. Alternatively just drop it altogether and have it controlled via the dash controls.
Use USB instead of SD for the PDR storage.
The seat cooler airflow direction - they should draw air (and associated moisture) from you! The other option would be to increase the fan power and add a small duct that vents cool air to the fan intake from the AC system.
The god-awful cup holders! That removable piece in the middle is infuriating.
The rear spoiler (z06) rock/debris catcher...
Increase the depth of the hidden compartment or change the shape to allow for the larger phones of today. Also, if there is a device plugged into the USB the car should alert you on exit... (maybe just a simple display on the screen).

Remove:
the fake looking chrome < and > pieces on the side of the dash.
The cigarette lighter hole pop-up socket.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Slynky
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DracoDan
Add:
The ability to have the car switch into weather mode when the wipers are on at a certain rate.
Have ECO by a sub mode of the weather/touring (why shouldn't I be able to have Eco and Weather mode at the same time?!).
Android Auto to HUD integration like others have said!
Option for better (forged) wheels, or make them part of the z07 package.
Option for black exhaust and lug nuts.
Make the PDR be able to record all the time (maybe even front and rear) and overwrite the data every X minutes/hours based on the size of the storage. This way it could act as a permanent dash cam.
Add remote start to the manual. It could simply check if the car is in neutral and e-brake set before it's allowed to start the engine. I'm sure lawyers would have a problem with this though...

Change:
Change the ancient resistive touch screen to a capacitive screen (like any modern smart phone screen).
Make Auto Rev Match on by default and stop using the paddles from the automatic for this.
Make the drive mode selection dial more intuitive, especially for sub modes. Alternatively just drop it altogether and have it controlled via the dash controls.
Use USB instead of SD for the PDR storage.
The seat cooler airflow direction - they should draw air (and associated moisture) from you! The other option would be to increase the fan power and add a small duct that vents cool air to the fan intake from the AC system.
The god-awful cup holders! That removable piece in the middle is infuriating.
The rear spoiler (z06) rock/debris catcher...
Increase the depth of the hidden compartment or change the shape to allow for the larger phones of today. Also, if there is a device plugged into the USB the car should alert you on exit... (maybe just a simple display on the screen).

Remove:
the fake looking chrome < and > pieces on the side of the dash.
The cigarette lighter hole pop-up socket.
I'm guessing SD instead of USB due to size...

Question (since I haven't received my car yet): Does one need to turn on rev-matching every time one starts the car? My 370Z uses the last setting that was on when the car was stopped... hope I don't need to press turn it on every time. IF SO, that should be changed.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:39 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Nice set of requests. Some I don't agree with but a good set nonetheless.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:55 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Slynky
I'm guessing SD instead of USB due to size...

Question (since I haven't received my car yet): Does one need to turn on rev-matching every time one starts the car? My 370Z uses the last setting that was on when the car was stopped... hope I don't need to press turn it on every time. IF SO, that should be changed.
You'll need to turn it on each time. Personally, while I do like Rev Match, it's really only needed for certain types of drives like winding roads in the mountains. Otherwise it will blip the throttle at all sorts of times making you look like you've got a heavy foot all the time. Of course, maybe your into that sort of thing but it seems like a waste of gas to me.
The following users liked this post:
Slynky (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 03:04 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
In order of importance: Allow the HUD option to be added to any trim level
If they made HUD and front cameras stand alone options 2LT sales would drop by at least 50%.

Get notified of new replies

To What would you add/change/remove and what is useless

Old 09-14-2018, 03:08 PM
defaria
Safety Car

I'm curious but how exactly do you know this?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Slynky
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by defaria
You'll need to turn it on each time. Personally, while I do like Rev Match, it's really only needed for certain types of drives like winding roads in the mountains. Otherwise it will blip the throttle at all sorts of times making you look like you've got a heavy foot all the time. Of course, maybe your into that sort of thing but it seems like a waste of gas to me.
Drive the 370Z with it always on. I guess just because I downshift a lot (and use my brakes more sparingly) Habit I guess. When I first had it, I tried with and without and it just seemed to shift gears better with matching on--both up and down for some reason. Go figure. LOL

I'll do the same with the Corvette when it gets here--try it both ways with my driving habits.

Thanks for the opinion.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:19 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Oh it does smooth out downshifting, especially when you're zipping around windy roads as I said and you want a continuous flow into the next lower gear because your nailing the turns. But when your say coming to a stop light on a straight line with a right turn coming up and you take it out of say 5th gear aiming for 4th gear but as you travel towards 4th gear you get close to 2nd gear sometimes the Rev Match blips the throttle as if you're heading into 2nd and your engine needlessly roars up the RPM. That's the effect I'm saying that makes me feel as if I'm somehow trying to show off to say pedestrians. It's needless and wastes gas. And really, in such a driving situation I don't really need, nor intend to use that Rev Match.
The following users liked this post:
Slynky (09-14-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would you add/change/remove and what is useless